• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Former NFL QB Shaun King Believes Deshaun Watson is Heading for Steelers

This league is way too hard to predict. But we have seen Ben punished for a nothing burger, and we’ve seen Tyreek Hill, Joe Mixon, and Adrian Peterson get away with horrible crimes that they were 100% guilty..

So who the hell knows… but Watson won’t be free and clear either way…. He will still get some sort of fallout from the league.
In other words he wont be skott free.lol

Last edited:
If they aren’t going to proceed with criminal charges, do the deal and base the 2023 pick on him taking at least 55% of the snaps in 2022.

There probably wont be much of a suspension since its past precedent to include time missed as part of the overall punishment… so they will count him as having been suspended for 16 games last year

Its whether the team will take on that spectacle in the me too world now… I doubt they will

There probably wont be much of a suspension since its past precedent to include time missed as part of the overall punishment… so they will count him as having been suspended for 16 games last year

Its whether the team will take on that spectacle in the me too world now… I doubt they will

But he wasn't suspended. he was paid in full and on the active roster. He was simply inactive each week. Theoretically, Houston could have started him every game. In fact, they should have. They should have forced Goodell's hand and not let him get away with doing nothing.

I def think he’s getting suspended. Probably at least half a season. Him not being on the exempt list last year and drawing a full salary means he has served no time.

I def think he’s getting suspended. Probably at least half a season. Him not being on the exempt list last year and drawing a full salary means he has served no time.
Suspended with pay is still a suspension in the eyes of the players union… teams are limited on suspending a player without pay

Then they can sign Ruggs too.
Yeah, because a guy who likes to get massages with happy endings is equivalent to somebody who was driving drunk at 156 mph and killed an innocent person. Great comparison.

BTW, according to The New York Times: "In another statement, issued on March 31, Hardin highlighted firsthand testimonials of 18 massage therapists who said they had worked with Watson over the past five years without experiencing any of the behavior described by the plaintiffs in the lawsuits."

Sounds to me like the women who added their names to the lawsuits wanted to jump on the gravy train.

His allegations aren't just handjobs, or else this would have been settled last year. You also don't get 22 of them as part of a money grab. You get them because Watson has a predatory pattern.

I believe he's testifying today, so we'll see how that goes.

A huge IF he's cleared, how would everyone feel if something like this actually happened? I'm with you slash, I don't buy the report. It's still an interesting discussion.
I wouldn't like the Steelers to trade for him. He's younger than Wilson so although he may not be quite as decorated the trade package required to snare Watson would be close to the Wilson trade leaving the Steelers short of picks to build a team around him.

Speaking of the Wilson trade, Seattle are in need of a quarterback now and have the Wilson swag, so under your hypothetical IF Wilson is cleared I wouldn't be surprised to see Seattle go after him. They could do a similar deal with Houston to the Wilson deal if they had to and still have a first and second each year to build around Watson. The Seattle picks this year are higher than the Steelers, so I can't see the Steelers being able to match Seattle if Seattle decide to go after Watson..

His allegations aren't just handjobs, or else this would have been settled last year. You also don't get 22 of them as part of a money grab. You get them because Watson has a predatory pattern.

Will he take the 5th or did he get an immunity deal stating his testimony cant be used in criminal trial? It will be interesting because with criminal trial still a possibility with a grand jury ruling coming.

If this is the same Shaun King that sucked out loud as QB for the Bucs then his sports takes may be even worse, didn’t think that was possible.

No, no, and ******* no! He's not facing criminal charges. This is a civil case, at least for now. But, we want nothing to do with him. Not to mention he will kill our cap and our draft for the next several years but he is probably (or should be) facing a year suspension. What he did is exponentially worse than what Ben was accused of so take Ben's suspension and multiply it by 4 or 5 and that is the minimum his suspension should be. We absolutely do not want this headache on the Steelers. By the time he plays again full time, it will be several years off the field. You can't count on him to be the same player.

No, no, and ******* no! He's not facing criminal charges. This is a civil case, at least for now. But, we want nothing to do with him. Not to mention he will kill our cap and our draft for the next several years but he is probably (or should be) facing a year suspension. What he did is exponentially worse than what Ben was accused of so take Ben's suspension and multiply it by 4 or 5 and that is the minimum his suspension should be. We absolutely do not want this headache on the Steelers. By the time he plays again full time, it will be several years off the field. You can't count on him to be the same player.
There is a grand jury that is going to listen to testimony from victims that want criminal charges filed on Friday... That grand jury will determine if there is a criminal case. The Steelers need to stay away from this mess.

Not sure he would kill the draft by what King was eluding too. But outside of Bush and Joe who would the Steelers be willing to send packing would be a concern.

Players off a year are always a concern to a degree too.

Lot of obstacles in place to make it an unusual case for a trade possibility.

Not sure this route is a smart one. I still doubt the report and think what we see is the Steelers just examining all their options as a result it gets twisted into they have interest.

This **** is hilarious. First it was Rodgers and Wilson. Now Watson. Who's next? Can't wait for the breathless articles linking Taylor Heineke to the Steelers.

Gerry Dulac

@gerrydulac

Steelers ARE NOT interested in signing DeShaun Watson, despite what you might be hearing or reading, per team sources.
Thank Christ. I've been extremely critical of all of these possible trades. Watson is at the VERY bottom of that list. First off he isn't that good. Second ....... well let's get real.

he wasnt wanting handjobs. like every Tom, Dick and Coolie in Houston, he wanted his ******* rubbed.

When Watson is traded to a team other than the Steelers it will be for less than his value by a lot… probably a second and a late rounder… its not much different than AB at this point… remember he was in the process of forcing a divorce from Houston before the allegations were brought… there were rumblings friends m his camp way back when they started idiotically dismantling the roster haphazardly… they have diminishing leverage and a limited market

Maybe...probably. We already know the happy ending isn't the issue. Mr. Foodell's friend Kraft can attest to that.

the NFL is a freaking joke. Ray Rice loses his career because his drunk *** smacked his Wife's drunk *** in Vegas. (so much for what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, lol) but soliciting sex and or showing your **** to roughly 22 different women (if True) MIGHT get you suspended. SMDH.

Thank Christ. I've been extremely critical of all of these possible trades. Watson is at the VERY bottom of that list. First off he isn't that good. Second ....... well let's get real.
Let me preface this by saying, I don't want him because of your second point. Which I assume is the moral ****, legal problems and media circus that would come with him.
That said, "he isn't that good"?
If he didn't have the other ****, any QB needy team in the league would be after this kid. He's 26 years old and has made the Pro Bowl every year he was QB1 (2018 - 2020). He has a 68.7% completion rate, 12,840 yards, 85/28 TD/INT ratio and a 104.7 QBR during the 3 years he was QB1.
He's good. Real good. Just don't want to deal with all the other stuff. Especially from a leadership position with a team as young as this one is on offense.

This **** is hilarious. First it was Rodgers and Wilson. Now Watson. Who's next? Can't wait for the breathless articles linking Taylor Heineke to the Steelers.
Next will be Tom Brady to the Steelers..

They had a year to resolve this, and not much seemed to have happened, at least publicly. If this is the fulcrum point, then it should point quickly to positive or negative stance. But if this is not that defining moment, then this could be a distraction for months and years. Houston's 10 foot pole treatment of him does not lead me to be optimistic, because they should have much greater understanding. While there could be a quick resolution, it does not seem like that.....

Love the talent, hate the situation.

Let me preface this by saying, I don't want him because of your second point. Which I assume is the moral ****, legal problems and media circus that would come with him.
That said, "he isn't that good"?
If he didn't have the other ****, any QB needy team in the league would be after this kid. He's 26 years old and has made the Pro Bowl every year he was QB1 (2018 - 2020). He has a 68.7% completion rate, 12,840 yards, 85/28 TD/INT ratio and a 104.7 QBR during the 3 years he was QB1.
He's good. Real good. Just don't want to deal with all the other stuff. Especially from a leadership position with a team as young as this one is on offense.
All that awesomeness and he has like 2 more wins then losses. I remember vividly the draft before Ben got suspended. If the compensation was reasonable I would have supported moving him. I don't remember exactly what it was but it wasn't enough. He had a couple shady issues. If 1/10 of this POS story is true he is a sexual predator.