• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Former NFL QB Shaun King Believes Deshaun Watson is Heading for Steelers

I have thought he was a Top 5 QB in the league, but all of the legal issues is a concern and do we really want another QB tied to sexual allegations? Whether he is innocent or not, that **** doesn't go away. Ask Ben. I'd love to have Watson, but would be very hesitant in putting him in B&G.

All that awesomeness and he has like 2 more wins then losses. I remember vividly the draft before Ben got suspended. If the compensation was reasonable I would have supported moving him. I don't remember exactly what it was but it wasn't enough. He had a couple shady issues. If 1/10 of this POS story is true he is a sexual predator.
So, you're saying that wins and losses are totally and unequivocably about QB play? Defense doesn't have a hand in it? Special teams don't play a part. Heck, I'd say it WAS awesome that he was able to put up those stats on some pretty lousy Houston teams. Not to mention you had the GM-HC who had a couple of fire sales that depleted the talent around him.
Again, not disputing the moral/legal implications. I do, however, dispute your previous assertion that "he isn't that good". On the field, the kid is a beast. Unfortunately, it appears that he's one off the field too.

All that awesomeness and he has like 2 more wins then losses. I remember vividly the draft before Ben got suspended. If the compensation was reasonable I would have supported moving him. I don't remember exactly what it was but it wasn't enough. He had a couple shady issues. If 1/10 of this POS story is true he is a sexual predator.
To be fair that team was constantly full of bad decisions. That he even put up the stats he did is impressive when factoring in the Texans **** show of a FO. Not advocating bringing him aboard mind you...

You guys remember it differently then I do. He didn't play last year. He played with one of the best receivers in the game had a running game and a Watt led defense early in his career. I just didn't see the guy look like a winner. Moot point anyway. You want him?

Now that the Rodgers, Wilson, and Wentz talk has been shelved some want to focus on Watson which will not happen. Lets say he gets through his legal issues in Houston courts then if the Steelers want him they have to give up major draft capital that we will need to fill in holes. I'm not willing to part with premium picks this and next year for this guy. Then you have to deal with his salary and cap hits each year when we need free agents to fill holes. Next you have the uncertainty of the NFL sanctions they may take against Watson. They could suspend him for multiple games and now you're left with a high priced QB that you gave up major capital for that's' not able to play. When he does play its behind a bad OL that you can't fix without high draft picks and limited cap space and two decent receivers not like what he had in Houston. And who knows if this guy can even stay out of trouble if he comes to Pittsburgh. Far to risky a move for me. Be smart, bring in Trubisky and or Mariotta and do your due diligence checking these two guys out. That leaves you with plenty of cap space even more if you cut Banner and Schobert and possibly Tuitt. You have all your premium draft picks to help re-build and haven't mortgaged the future. Don't believe Art II will go for bringing Watson in here in light of the price tag for him.

I will admit, He may not sit out any games. He sat out on his own last season, and those 17 games may be 'time served' when it comes to doling out punishment for Watson.

People may think there is a big market. I can ask for 100k for my 2004 CRV. I'm not going to get it. No matter what happens in the court who wants to take on this guys baggage. Maybe I'm wrong but they shouldn't get a 1st for him. WTF is everyone else's trash gold. Look what the Steelers got for the best wr in the league at that time.

People may think there is a big market. I can ask for 100k for my 2004 CRV. I'm not going to get it. No matter what happens in the court who wants to take on this guys baggage. Maybe I'm wrong but they shouldn't get a 1st for him. WTF is everyone else's trash gold. Look what the Steelers got for the best wr in the league at that time.
There will be a market. How big? Who knows? It's entirely possible that two or more teams drive the price up. It's also possible that the Texans don't get anywhere near what they think they will. What the Steelers got for AB has nothing to do with it. A potential Franchise QB who has produced Franchise QB type numbers in the past and is only 26 years old is worth more than even the best WR in the league.

You should take your $100k 2004 CRV and meet up with DIC and his luxury S10 to discuss trade/draft strategy with Cooch and his luxury auto, if he is free from his interview in Pittsburgh.

Yeah, because a guy who likes to get massages with happy endings is equivalent to somebody who was driving drunk at 156 mph and killed an innocent person. Great comparison.

BTW, according to The New York Times: "In another statement, issued on March 31, Hardin highlighted firsthand testimonials of 18 massage therapists who said they had worked with Watson over the past five years without experiencing any of the behavior described by the plaintiffs in the lawsuits."

Sounds to me like the women who added their names to the lawsuits wanted to jump on the gravy train.

you could argue that Watson is worse. Ruggs is guilty of a single act of drunken stupidity. A tragic accident. Watson allegedly planned ahead and sexually assaulted 20+ women over a period of years.

I suppose Watson could be exonerated at trial if he proves some conspiracy but that seems unlikely. These aren’t a few women in 1 parlor or city. From what I read, these are women from all over the country, not connected in any way. Most werent masseuses. They were instagram models that he chatted with and eventually set up meetings and paid them to massage him and that’s when he’d whip it out. You have 20+ women with similar stories but not exact stories. Exact stories would be suspicious.

I think Watson will need a defense better than - He only sexually assaults half the women who give him massages.

If Watson gets convicted on all these charges, he may serve more time than Ruggs.

There will be a market. How big? Who knows? It's entirely possible that two or more teams drive the price up. It's also possible that the Texans don't get anywhere near what they think they will. What the Steelers got for AB has nothing to do with it. A potential Franchise QB who has produced Franchise QB type numbers in the past and is only 26 years old is worth more than even the best WR in the league.
Until he forces himself on the team masseuse and finger blasts her.

Until he forces himself on the team masseuse and finger blasts her.
Well, since you brought up the AB comparison. Under your scenario, the WR is likely to whip it out in front of the female trainer and force himself on her.

Well, since you brought up the AB comparison. Under your scenario, the WR is likely to whip it out in front of the female trainer and force himself on her.
True but at the point when the Steelers got a 2nd and a 5th he had thrown furniture out of a window, broadcasted his coaches private post game and had a tirade at practice.

Bottom line Buckeye and to a lesser extent Slash. I've probably undervalued his talent and un my opinion you are overvalued. However, anyone giving a first for this guy has rocks in their head. Much less the ridiculous asking last year. If he is so ****** good Houston should keep him.

I don't think I've overvalued his TALENT. I also don't think the talent is worth the HEADACHE that will come with it.

the NFL is a freaking joke. Ray Rice loses his career because his drunk *** smacked his Wife's drunk *** in Vegas. (so much for what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, lol) but soliciting sex and or showing your **** to roughly 22 different women (if True) MIGHT get you suspended. SMDH.
Ummmmm, a slight difference than "smacking" his wife and giving her a full on Mike Tyson-esque uppercut.

You should take your $100k 2004 CRV and meet up with DIC and his luxury S10 to discuss trade/draft strategy with Cooch and his luxury auto, if he is free from his interview in Pittsburgh.

Hell yeah Confluence,..... now you're talking. I'll stop and pick you up on the way and we can go rough riding and fast as hell. I'll show you why Coolie has to wear diapers while riding with me. Then you can drive for awhile too !!!!!!

I'll bring a tow rope so we can help Coach move his Luxury car closer to a lighted post so he do esn't have to use his dome light so much while readin "walters Football".

All good here !!!!

Salute the nation

If he gets cleared of all charges why would the Texans just keep him?

Shaun King,........................ expert knowledge at what the STEELERS will do.!

I wonder if he is on Watson's leagal team ?

Salute the nation

His allegations aren't just handjobs, or else this would have been settled last year. You also don't get 22 of them as part of a money grab. You get them because Watson has a predatory pattern.

I believe he's testifying today, so we'll see how that goes.
I imagine that the grand jury would have indicted a man with Watson's supposed "predatory pattern." All that's left for them now is the money grab in civil court.

you could argue that Watson is worse. Ruggs is guilty of a single act of drunken stupidity. A tragic accident. Watson allegedly planned ahead and sexually assaulted 20+ women over a period of years.
Yeah, tell that bullshit to the family of the 23 year old woman who died thanks to Ruggs' stupidity. Tell them it was just a "tragic accident" when he smashed his Corvette Stingray into her vehicle with such force that she couldn't escape and was essentially roasted alive.

I suppose Watson could be exonerated at trial if he proves some conspiracy but that seems unlikely. These aren’t a few women in 1 parlor or city. From what I read, these are women from all over the country, not connected in any way. Most werent masseuses. They were instagram models that he chatted with and eventually set up meetings and paid them to massage him and that’s when he’d whip it out. You have 20+ women with similar stories but not exact stories. Exact stories would be suspicious.

I think Watson will need a defense better than - He only sexually assaults half the women who give him massages.

If Watson gets convicted on all these charges, he may serve more time than Ruggs.
Hard to serve any time when the grand jury doesn't even indict, isn't it?