• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's............................@ Chiefs

Yes. Sorry. His name is spelled McCloud.

Sorry not trying to be a grammar Nazi. I was truly lost like I don't know my Steelers, who is McLeod?

For the record not only is Tomlin not benching him, but in his post-game he had no problem with Ray Ray on that play and thought it was a week call.

For the record not only is Tomlin not benching him, but in his post-game he had no problem with Ray Ray on that play and thought it was a week call.

92a.gif

🤜🤛

When I think of the "Steelers Way" I think of veterans training younger players to take their spots and the guys on the team playing for each other. Basically, just hit the play button on Troy Polamalu's Hall of Fame speech and that is what it meant to play for the Steelers.

At one point I was an assistant for a high school group and helped rebuild a positional group into a pretty good unit and established this type of atmosphere. Over the years, the head coach lowered their standards and as much as a I tried, the same desire for my group to work hard faded because everyone else around them didn't have to put in the same work. I feel like that's where the Steelers are now. There are a few guys on this team who fit into the "Steelers Way" but that culture the team used to have was lost and it is lost from the top down. Whether you like Tomlin or not, he is responsible for establishing a winning culture and instead we see a culture of selfishness and guys not doing their jobs.
My favorite is when the announcers act like that culture still exists and the Steelers are this big physical tough team. I'm like are you guys smoking meth. It hasn't been like that in more than a decade.

My favorite is when the announcers act like that culture still exists and the Steelers are this big physical tough team. I'm like are you guys smoking meth. It hasn't been like that in more than a decade.
You can see right where it evaporated too. Troy talked about the new school of players at the end of his career and that was the start of the transition. Then the Steelers won with flash. AB dominated, Bell was the best at his position, but the heart and soul of the team was the offensive line. Pouncey was the leader with a strong presence in Foster as well. Somewhere during that time, the Steelers way was lost and then the leaders retired or were released. No one grew into their positions and they are just clueless now. It may not seem like much, but when they run out of the huddle, a bunch of guys run to the opposite end zone rather than just line up first for team introductions then run down. Then you have the first down signals from Claypool and McCloud or Witherspoon posing for the defensive team picture and flexing in two different games when the defense was getting smacked around.

You can tell it burns former Steelers too, especially Ryan Clark. He's still passionate about the Steelers and you can tell he hates to see the team this way. The Steelers need to draft less flash, more football players. You could see today's loss bothered Loudermilk. The look on his face at the end of the game said it all. Ideally, he would've sat for a year and then integrated his way into the lineup. But he looks like he gets it. There is some hope moving forward, but there's a lot of work to do to reform that locker room with guys who want to win and talent.

You can see right where it evaporated too. Troy talked about the new school of players at the end of his career and that was the start of the transition. Then the Steelers won with flash. AB dominated, Bell was the best at his position, but the heart and soul of the team was the offensive line. Pouncey was the leader with a strong presence in Foster as well. Somewhere during that time, the Steelers way was lost and then the leaders retired or were released. No one grew into their positions and they are just clueless now. It may not seem like much, but when they run out of the huddle, a bunch of guys run to the opposite end zone rather than just line up first for team introductions then run down. Then you have the first down signals from Claypool and McCloud or Witherspoon posing for the defensive team picture and flexing in two different games when the defense was getting smacked around.

You can tell it burns former Steelers too, especially Ryan Clark. He's still passionate about the Steelers and you can tell he hates to see the team this way. The Steelers need to draft less flash, more football players. You could see today's loss bothered Loudermilk. The look on his face at the end of the game said it all. Ideally, he would've sat for a year and then integrated his way into the lineup. But he looks like he gets it. There is some hope moving forward, but there's a lot of work to do to reform that locker room with guys who want to win and talent.
Which is why having Tomlin lead the rebuild is insane.

Green showed more effort and better tackling then Bush has all season

I wanted to follow-up, and say this too. The ******* head coach, who sets the “standard,” condoned the action by McCloud, essentially sticking up for him. He said something along the lines of “he was just motioning first down, and it shouldn’t have been called.”……..two weeks after the Claypool incident. While also agreeing with the Cassius Marsh call earlier this season against the Bears. Never mind Ray Ray did it down 30 ******* points, and it cost his team 15 ******* yards. This mother ****** is OK with all that ra-ra look-at-the-play-I-made bullshit. That’s why it still continues, and nobody is ever disciplined for any selfish behaviors. Hell, the buffoon blew a kiss at the camera at the end of last weeks game when they won. Never mind that the win happened STRICTLY because of the will of his players, and not the coaching. When will fans/talking heads wake up, and call this guy out for the ******* fraud he is? This is so hard to stomach week-after-week. Oh but these jags will say “but Ben Roethlisbergerisoldandslowandcantthrowandisholdingtheteambackandistheonlyreasonforthisseason.”

Well said Section 448.

I mean he really should have only been penalized for ****** embarrassing himself. He didn't deserve a penalty. That was just the cherry on the big steaming pile of ****.

Oh I almost forgot a 🐐. Edmunds who I thought had an amazing game against the Titans. I drill and drill with my defense. Use the sideline as your team mate. Press the near hip. There is literally nowhere he can go the other way. What does he do? He aims for his far hip and loses leverage. The guy walks past him. Senior High School players could have made that play.

it was lost when the "Young Money" wrs ****** up the work effort, wasted their talent selfishly, and were not yoked by coaches or vets

The Steeler way vanished as the Cowher guys retired. Right now there are few that have it besides Watt, Heyward, Ben and a few others.

FU to CBS and their feed for the game as I couldn't watch it with the entire screen pixelating. Then again, maybe they should get a game ball as I didn't have to sit through this crap.

FU to Canada and Tomlin as usual. Did they even let Ben run the true no-huddle to try and come back? From the stats, it seems they didn't try to do much even in the 2nd half. They ran a bunch and Najee somehow averaged 4.9 yards on 19 carries. And, that was after his first few runs were stuffed for no gain or negative yardage.

Anyone questioning Najee needs their head examined. Behind the worst OL in the NFL, he is now up to 984 yards rushing with 6 TD's, 422 yards receiving with 3 TD's for totals of 1,406 yards from scrimmage and 9 TD's. That is one hell of a season for a rookie and he still has 2 games left. Then factor in the worst OL in the NFL and it makes his season even more impressive. He will only get better and hopefully, our OL will as well.

One last hopefully. Hopefully, Tomlin and Canada do let Ben run the show next week so he can win his last home game in a Steelers uniform. I have my doubts they will. And, I know they will need Ben as I can't see our D stopping the Clowns from rushing for way over 200 on us and making Mayfield look like an All-Pro.

I had to work yesterday, taped the game, turned off the phone, didnt hear I thing about football until I got home and watched the game.
I knew it was going to be bad but not how bad.
I just think back to when we were great and realize just how long it has been,

I get the NFL thier just has to be down years. we were awesome in the 70s and then sucked in the 80s. Cowher got us out of the suckeness
Tomlin continued it for awhile

But to be honest, we havent been a true Super Bowl contender in years. We have been on this long road back into the 80s for a long time. the 11-0 start felt good last year but I think we can all say we were the worst 11-0 team ever.

Tomlin is with out a doubt the biggest part of the problem. I kept finding excuses for him until this year. His leadership style has worn old. he has to go.

Nope ........little over a thousand for a chainsaw and blower

If you want I could KAYAK on up there and find the "punks" and kick the living **** out of them, then steal back the stolen stuff, pawn it back to yaz.......... :)

I' just putting a laugh spin on it Paul,..... except the hunting them down part, serious on that.!

Having something stolen really sucks as it's not just the stolen items but the personal violation of the theft. This kind of thing bothers me as it happened to me once but also when it happens to a friend I get really mad.

You OK, processed the whole incident ?

Salute the nation

I had to work yesterday, taped the game, turned off the phone, didnt hear I thing about football until I got home and watched the game.
I knew it was going to be bad but not how bad.
I just think back to when we were great and realize just how long it has been,

I get the NFL thier just has to be down years. we were awesome in the 70s and then sucked in the 80s. Cowher got us out of the suckeness
Tomlin continued it for awhile

But to be honest, we havent been a true Super Bowl contender in years. We have been on this long road back into the 80s for a long time. the 11-0 start felt good last year but I think we can all say we were the worst 11-0 team ever.

Tomlin is with out a doubt the biggest part of the problem. I kept finding excuses for him until this year. His leadership style has worn old. he has to go.

Great anology Blitz and I' with you 110%. I use to go through the trouble of taping / not listening radio / warning friends to not send score text(s) / ect.ect.. I don't anymore and sometimes have to look up to see who they play come the weekend. My devotion has waned but I'll still be a STEELERS fan for life, brutallity included.

Salute the nation

If you want I could KAYAK on up there and find the "punks" and kick the living **** out of them, then steal back the stolen stuff, pawn it back to yaz.......... :)

I' just putting a laugh spin on it Paul,..... except the hunting them down part, serious on that.!

Having something stolen really sucks as it's not just the stolen items but the personal violation of the theft. This kind of thing bothers me as it happened to me once but also when it happens to a friend I get really mad.

You OK, processed the whole incident ?

Salute the nation
Yeah ....first reaction is you want to seek and destroy...... all good now..... new insurance company since just in September and deductible is $1000 so it makes no sense to claim as it is pretty much a wash with replacement costs around $1100

Overall the last year has been pretty good so I choose to take the high road......... Stihl has a good program where my serial numbers are entered into the system as stolen (in case the dumbasses that stole it try to bring it in for a repair in the future) .......police report filed and I monitor all auction and classified ad sites

Take the high road ..... gave a large sum of money to a homeless person and their dog, returned a loaded wallet someone dropped in the grocery store on Christmas Eve and stopped a lady from exiting the grocery store with someone else's full grocery cart..................... thought good karma would come back to me ....but it sure didn't help my Steelers

Thanks for the concern

PEACE brother

one of the worst things was when they showed Canada’s reaction to the 4th down pitch play that was blown up. Canada’s reaction wasn’t just frustration. It looked more like a guy who felt he called the right play and it was somehow not executed properly.

i had high hopes for Canada. I thought he’d be able to add some creative elements, but this offense is terrible by design. Defenses know everything that’s coming.

it seems the only success this offense has is when they get down big and get to operate against prevent defenses that ALLOW the Steelers to run. Najee had some run success in the 2nd half because the chiefs allowed it to burn clock. And the Steelers were happy to use that opportunity not to go for the win but to run the ball and make their run stats look less pathetic.

Despite the announcers going on about what a supporter of the taunting calls Tomlin is.

I will say the Ray Ray called looked pretty weak. I didn’t see him do much to warrant a call. I guess the ref heard a comment he made?