• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's............................@ Chiefs

My favorite is when the announcers act like that culture still exists and the Steelers are this big physical tough team. I'm like are you guys smoking meth. It hasn't been like that in more than a decade.

Right up there with hearing EVERY WEEK the announcers say something like "We all know Tomlin is a great coach"....

200w.webp

Are they providing cover for him? These announcers supposedly research the teams they are covering that week. Interview the players.

They have to know he has won just 3 playoff games in 11 years.
They have to see us tank in December most years when we have decent teams.
They have to see over the past many years how allergic our players are to tackling.
They have to see the overwhelming lack of character the team has.
They have to see the inordinate amount of idiot errors and penalties individuals cause.
They have to see the lack of accountability.
They have to see the lack of fire.
They have to remember "Unleash Hell in December" and the ensuing flat line.
They have to see the terrible clock management.
They have to see the poor management of timeouts and challenges.
They have to see the degradation of both of our lines.
They have to see we are last in so many categories.
They have to understand we haven't scored a TD in the first half for 5 straight games...first time since 1940.

Don't they???

I will say the Ray Ray called looked pretty weak. I didn’t see him do much to warrant a call. I guess the ref heard a comment he made?

Yeah, that's my guess. Plus he put the "first down" finger up in front of the KC defender's face mask.

I think it was ticky tacky, but it's the rule.

Yeah, that's my guess. Plus he put the "first down" finger up in front of the KC defender's face mask.

It was a weak call, but you're getting your butt kicked and average about 6 yards per reception. Maybe just go one play without signaling for the first down.

Pretty much no question about this one....The Biggest **** SHOW of the season for our Steelers. I think this loss pretty much put the nails in the coffin for our playoff hopes for 2021 although they aren't mathmatically elminated, this loss pretty much shows us the warts this team has and there are many of them. I'm pretty much at a loss for words after this game but everything from the piss poor O-line play to the sloppy tackling from our Defense. I think it's a coaching issue. I know some people will always defend Mike Tomlin as one of the All-Time great coaches in the NFL but how can you keep defending the guy? I know no losing seasons the worst he's been in 8-8. IMO 8-8 is a losing season, when you don't make the playoffs it's a losing season IMO. I get that players play the game, not coaches but when it comes to Mike Tomlin this guy has won 3 playoff games in 11 years with his teams he puts on the field. Several of Tomlin's teams have been loaded with talent especially from 2014 - 2017. Tomlin's head should be on the chopping block as Head Coach, I can't remember a NFL Head Coach who has under achieved more with as talented as a roster as some of Mike Tomlin's teams. I also think the time has come for Keith Butler (is he even our real Defensive Coordinator?) to go and I can't see any reason to keep Matt Canada as the Steelers OC regardless if Ben retires or not. Defensively this defense has worn down over the past half of the season and perhaps that is because the Steelers have been losing the Time of Possession battle especially in the first half of most games. I'll enjoy these last 2 games......as next week vs Cleveland could be Ben's last Home Game as a Steeler. He certainly deserves better than what the Steelers have given him this season when it comes to a supporting cast. I'm pulling for you Ben.....I hope you go out a winner! Thanks for all the great games!

Per Tomlin's Post Game Presser:
TJ Watt - Has cracked ribs, was able to go back in
Trai Turner - Knee Injury
Kendrick Green - Calf Injury

Game Balls - Corliss Waitman - 2 punts 60.5 yd average. I'm not a heartless person and feel bad Pressley Harvin lost his father but if Harvin still has a job after this week the business that is Steelers football is seriously flawed!

Game Goats:
Kendrick Green - This guy should never see the field as the Steelers starting Center ever again! He's ******* ATTROCIOUS! Put him at guard and if he can't cut it, cut his *** off this team!
Trai Turner - Why is this bum even on this roster. Another guy who is absolutely terrible! He along with Green are the 2 worst O-linemen we have.

FU's:
FU Mike Tomlin - Cmon man you've got 3 playoff wins in the last 11 seasons....at what point in this guy going to start being held responsible for the team's preperation and performance?
FU Adrian Klemm - How pathetic is it that our O-line looks just as bad now as they did in week 1 with no signs of improvement? Adriam Klemm FU!
Another reason to fire Tomlin/Colbert, we got a glimpse of what could have been with Creed Humphrey dominating the interior of our DL. Muth is gonna be a stud for us but they very clearly erred drafting Muth then Green when they could have got Humphrey to anchor the line for a decade plus.

Another reason to fire Tomlin/Colbert, we got a glimpse of what could have been with Creed Humphrey dominating the interior of our DL. Muth is gonna be a stud for us but they very clearly erred drafting Muth then Green when they could have got Humphrey to anchor the line for a decade plus.
They could've taken Humphrey in the first and no one would've argued.

Big FU for Tomlin's post game BS. When asked about Ben he said after the turn over I wanted him to go a series bla bla bla. He once more with words made it as Ben was the fault of the turn over where KC defensive player was taking the reverse pitch before our guys. Ben had no time with this clueless offensive line. Tomlins we this we this no Tomlin time has come for saying I did not do this that and whatever. Fu to a team going into this game knew where they stood and they completely laid down, yes KC is a better team but we showed no effort in this game.

Game Balls - Corliss Waitman - 2 punts 60.5 yd average. I'm not a heartless person and feel bad Pressley Harvin lost his father but if Harvin still has a job after this week the business that is Steelers football is seriously flawed!

Oh mighty 8-ball, what are the chances Steelers say, "Hey, Harvin cranks out at least one 27-yarder per game, usually when team is backed up in its own end, so how about keeping the guy WHO BOOMED A 63-YARDER AND A 58-YARDER??"

1024px-Magic_8_Ball_-_Do_I_get_my_Christmas_wish%3F_%286521326205%29.jpg

@#$%&*@#$%!!!!

Game Goats:
FU Mike Tomlin - Cmon man you've got 3 playoff wins in the last 11 seasons....at what point in this guy going to start being held responsible for the team's preperation and performance?

I was disappointed with the first response, oh great 8-ball, so please help me out this time. What are the chances Mike Tomlin, buck-passer extraordinaire, admits he needs to change almost everything he does to prepare his team for game day??

images

Mother@#$%er!! So you're telling me more of this **** next year and the year after, but WITHOUT a first-ballot HOF quarterback?!?!

lX2Fk074TJs7HLm81Rv3Pg2w8_K1hIcUpBhbw13wcua-YUKfmue9GM0i6-QqwkSOwuyZTqJsqX0NQncZlp26HjQYFejuxyW8eLHfB7EHFXOY9LKhWAOde4Z_0OEccUFw0ORlFSWSojb8J0K4hyzg9JOhybOgiMf-gA

Steeltime: "Coach Tomlin, your team has been outscored 77-3 combined in the first half of your last three road games. Do you plan on changing something?"

Gaiter Coolshades: "Frizz-a-frap, slap-dee-dash, winken, blinken, nod and drinkin'."

Steeltime: "Uhh, that was nonsense. Do you take ANY responsibility for running out a team completely unprepared to play your last three road games?"

Gaiter Coolshades: "Blast-a-fast, rap-a-dap, mink-a-dink-a-doo!!"

Steeltime: "I'm not sure what the hell you are saying. Are you trying to say you WILL change?"

Gaiter Coolshades: "We just need to execute better. We did manage a field goal. 25 more of those and we outscore the opposition 78-77 in the first half."

Steeltime: "You should return to the doo-wop answers. They're better."

Went to the movies yesterday afternoon from 4 to @ 7 with 2 of my grandchildren, my wife, daughter and son-in-law to see Sing 2.

TIME WELL SPENT! (y)

I thought I was watching a very lengthy Three Stooges re-run, interrupted by dozens of commercials, and laughing out loud at their comedic and lovable incompetence.

Realized it was a Steelers road game once again and stopped laughing.

one of the worst things was when they showed Canada’s reaction to the 4th down pitch play that was blown up. Canada’s reaction wasn’t just frustration. It looked more like a guy who felt he called the right play and it was somehow not executed properly.

i had high hopes for Canada. I thought he’d be able to add some creative elements, but this offense is terrible by design. Defenses know everything that’s coming.

it seems the only success this offense has is when they get down big and get to operate against prevent defenses that ALLOW the Steelers to run. Najee had some run success in the 2nd half because the chiefs allowed it to burn clock. And the Steelers were happy to use that opportunity not to go for the win but to run the ball and make their run stats look less pathetic.

It was more like Canada was probably reacting and thinking....That Play Call worked on "Madden 22" why didn't it work there?

Oh mighty 8-ball, what are the chances Steelers say, "Hey, Harvin cranks out at least one 27-yarder per game, usually when team is backed up in its own end, so how about keeping the guy WHO BOOMED A 63-YARDER AND A 58-YARDER??"
quarterback?!?!

No kidding about the punter. (y)

It was more like Canada was probably reacting and thinking....That Play Call worked on "Madden 22" why didn't it work there?

he's more of a tecmo guy and not even super tecmo with 8 plays. He's old school 4 play tecmo. He's also the guy who puts that slow developing bootleg play pass in and does not have the matching run play so it's easy to sniff out the play

I agree but WHY is it necessary. There are refs on the field…. They’re gonna let everyone know it’s a first down. There are tv announcers…. They’re gonna tell everyone it’s a first down. There is a public address announcer….. he’s gonna announce it AND say your name so everyone knows it was you. You’re getting DESTROYED!!!! Why posture at all? Witherspoon too after the end zone pass break up. It would be like Boz after finally getting us on the board flexing or running up to the camera Happy Gilmore style and screaming “ you like that ****?! There’s plenty more where that came from baby”! I’ll never forget in a high school game we were beating the perennial state champion and forced them to fumble. Our guy jumped up screaming “ I caused that fumble! I caused that fumble” Some kid on other team looked at him calmly and simply said “ what do you want, a ******* medal”? 🤣. Point is, handle your business.

They could've taken Humphrey in the first and no one would've argued.
Can't argue with that. Even better to get Najee and then a franchise center in round 2. They reached for a position instead of taking what is the most glaring weakness on this team.

Right up there with hearing EVERY WEEK the announcers say something like "We all know Tomlin is a great coach"....

200w.webp

Are they providing cover for him? These announcers supposedly research the teams they are covering that week. Interview the players.

They have to know he has won just 3 playoff games in 11 years.
They have to see us tank in December most years when we have decent teams.
They have to see over the past many years how allergic our players are to tackling.
They have to see the overwhelming lack of character the team has.
They have to see the inordinate amount of idiot errors and penalties individuals cause.
They have to see the lack of accountability.
They have to see the lack of fire.
They have to remember "Unleash Hell in December" and the ensuing flat line.
They have to see the terrible clock management.
They have to see the poor management of timeouts and challenges.
They have to see the degradation of both of our lines.
They have to see we are last in so many categories.
They have to understand we haven't scored a TD in the first half for 5 straight games...first time since 1940.

Don't they???
They know he's never had a losing season, and that's what counts, obviously.

Can't argue with that. Even better to get Najee and then a franchise center in round 2. They reached for a position instead of taking what is the most glaring weakness on this team.
I would've rather had Humphrey/Freiermuth than Harris/Humphrey.

I personally hope the Steelers get a 3rd round and 5th round compensatory picks, then use the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd Comp., 4th, 5th Comp. and 6th to draft more linebackers.

That will fix everything.

I would've rather had Humphrey/Freiermuth than Harris/Humphrey.
then we are stuck with soft Conner or Benny Snell Football, unless they addressed RB somewhere else. Najee is going to be work horse so long as Tomlin doesn't get him killed.

Switching up one draft pick doesn't fix this team. Also can't evaluate a draft with one years input.

then we are stuck with soft Conner or Benny Snell Football, unless they addressed RB somewhere else. Najee is going to be work horse so long as Tomlin doesn't get him killed.
Fine by me, but I think you draft a guy later and sign a free agent.