• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats, & FU's.......................@ Ratbirds!

FU to DJ. He has got to learn to get upfield and to the sticks. He’s left a lot of yards and first downs on the field this season. He’s so close and yet so far away from being one of the leagues premier receivers.
Here's the thing...He's 5' 10" 183...I can understand many of his moves to avoid the contact as Football is a violent sport. You get those extra yards and yes, you do invite injury. He's got to pick his spots to be sure, so he can stay on the field...Those big guys are a REAL THREAT TO POP HIM & HE DOES GET POPPED....He should add 10-15 pounds of muscle in the off season...He should be able retain his shiftiness & speed

Here's the thing...He's 5' 10" 183...I can understand many of his moves to avoid the contact as Football is a violent sport....Those big guys are a REAL THREAT TO POP HIM & HE DOES GET POPPED....He should add 10-15 pounds of muscle in the off season...He should be able retain his shiftiness & speed
Or he could simply not run backwards. Shouldn't be too hard I would think.

Does Bush wear his number of the front of his jersey? I don’t know…I only see it on his back as he’s chasing someone.
If we can see Bush from behind it needs trimming.🤓

TJ should have the record.

Absolutely. Terrible, stupid call. "Aborted play." Jesus, 90% of the Steelers offense is an abortion but the sacks on Ben still count, don't they?

Goddamn Rats QB picked up the bad snap, had no RB in the backfield (he had gone in motion), had the ball in his hands when Watt beat the tackle, Watt strips the ball from the passer in the backfield and the play is ...

Not a sack? Oh **** off, NFL.

Absolutely. Terrible, stupid call. "Aborted play." Jesus, 90% of the Steelers offense is an abortion but the sacks on Ben still count, don't they?

Goddamn Rats QB picked up the bad snap, had no RB in the backfield (he had gone in motion), had the ball in his hands when Watt beat the tackle, Watt strips the ball from the passer in the backfield and the play is ...

Not a sack? Oh **** off, NFL.
Darren Rovell has tweeted the NFL is reviewing the press box statisticians regarding the fumble non-sack. They could overturn and give T.J. a .5 sack and the record.

Najee, Muth, and McCloud are 3 tough sumbitches.

Darren Rovell has tweeted the NFL is reviewing the press box statisticians regarding the fumble non-sack. They could overturn and give T.J. a .5 sack and the record.
Why just a half a sack?

I certainly hope so, as I had 5:1 odds that Watt would have 1.5+ sacks today along with a Steelers win.

Harvin is bad. And Tomlin continuing to play him is just sad.
Josh Miller was the best punter we had. Having Whitman start would be rad. But they won today so I’m glad.

I missed the play .... will look it up on youtube .............. hope you are correct Ike..... nice if NFL would start making bad calls right

Josh Miller was the best punter we had. Having Whitman start would be rad. But they won today so I’m glad.
Craig Colquitt says “not so fast Falco my friend“

It was an up and down game today with guys who were playing poorly and making big plays in the end

Game Balls
Ben Roethlisberger - What can you say, he gets it done once again in clutch time.
TJ Watt - Tied the sack record, would've broke it if not for a roughing the passer penalty on Heyward.
Cam Heyward - So good on a weekly basis.
Chris Boswell - Clutch yet again.

Big Plays in Big Moments
Minkah Fitzpatrick with the pass breakup.
Cam Sutton with the end zone interception.
Ray Ray McCloud with some huge returns and two big catches.
Najee Harris with the big run to set up the field goal.

Game Goats
Offensive Line - Two awful penalties nearly cost the Steelers the game.

FUs
Matt Canada - it feels like he is locked in here.
The scorekeeper who did not credit Watt for the first sack.

Last edited:
I missed the play .... will look it up on youtube .............. hope you are correct Ike..... nice if NFL would start making bad calls right
On the snap, the center rolled the ball off his *** to Huntley who was in shotgun formation. Huntley got the ball and was met then by Watt who hit him and forced a fumble we recovered. In another play later on it looked like Watt was going to get half a sack. Huntley was pressured and took off running straight toward the LOS from the pocket. Heyward hit him a bit high the refs determined and threw a flag for a personal flag. Another one that was a tweener.

He and Mondreax was in on the strip and recover.
I thought Watt was there for the non-sack first and forced the fumble....then there was a scrum for the ball.