• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats, & FU's.......................@ Ratbirds!

How was the game my friend ?......... I was at the last Ravens vs Steelers OT game .... not as good as a result.....

Tell your son that this doesn't count as Ben's last game now......... roadtrip KC......... woohoo
His wife and mine already spoke. It ain't happening

On the snap, the center rolled the ball off his *** to Huntley who was in shotgun formation. Huntley got the ball and was met then by Watt who hit him and forced a fumble we recovered. In another play later on it looked like Watt was going to get half a sack. Huntley was pressured and took off running straight toward the LOS from the pocket. Heyward hit him a bit high the refs determined and threw a flag for a personal flag. Another one that was a tweener.
I saw the Heyward penalty ........... bullshit call .... thanks for the play by play on the first one I did not see yet

Darren Rovell has tweeted the NFL is reviewing the press box statisticians regarding the fumble non-sack. They could overturn and give T.J. a .5 sack and the record.

What are the odds of that actually happening.....?

I hope it is so

Salute the nation

On the snap, the center rolled the ball off his *** to Huntley who was in shotgun formation. Huntley got the ball and was met then by Watt who hit him and forced a fumble we recovered. In another play later on it looked like Watt was going to get half a sack. Huntley was pressured and took off running straight toward the LOS from the pocket. Heyward hit him a bit high the refs determined and threw a flag for a personal flag. Another one that was a tweener.
Yeah the Shotgun snap fumble. The press box scorers ruled it was a broken play upon snap so QB was a RB. The argument is the the play wasn’t a RPO as it appears the OL didn’t move downfield. Press box scorers are provided.by the home team, usually a sports writer for integrity and supposed to be unbiased. I’ve worked in a press box for Minor League Baseball. Unbiased is very loosely observed.

Yes the Personal Foul that negated TJ’s other sack, total BS as Cam hit him on the shoulder pads. Huntley’s football move was to start running, which removes him as a passer. His helmet was already dislodged because he became a runner and was hit on both sides.

Footnote, did anyone notice the 6 to 1 penalty difference? ….and not one holding penalty on BAL?

Game ball to Ben. A 4th quarter comeback to make it 13-10, then a game winning drive in overtime. Converted a 3rd and 8, a 3rd and 9, and a 4th and 8 on that game winner.

Game balls to Cam and TJ as usual. Without those 2, our defense is awful.

Game ball to the rats QB for sucking so bad. His bad passes pretty much gave us the win.

Gotta appreciate Minkah for what he does, as all too often he is the last line of defense and has to make a play. Your free safety should not be your leading tackler, but he is.

We seem to have a lot of borderline DBs. Maybe they couldn't make the team anywhere else, maybe they could be really good on teams that can actually develop DBs. Sutton, Witherspoon, Maulet, EDMUNDS, Allen, Norwood, even Killebrew... it seems that these guys often can't cover anybody, but it also seems they take turns making plays.

Bush is definitely a goat, if not an FU. Did he play in the first half? I only noticed him in the second half, and I started predicting plays when he was in there. Our D would give up runs up the middle of 10, 20, 30 yards when he was in, and he either just ran himself out of the play or was easily blocked like he was a little girl out there. Or Andrews would go immediately get 5 yards of separation from him. I'd rather have Marcus Allen out there at ILB. Or freakin' Edmunds, since he can't cover anyone either.

Tomlin is always an FU. I'd keep Bush if it meant we could get rid of this clown.

Yeah the Shotgun snap fumble. The press box scorers ruled it was a broken play upon snap so QB was a RB. The argument is the the play wasn’t a RPO as it appears the OL didn’t move downfield. Press box scorers are provided.by the home team, usually a sports writer for integrity and supposed to be unbiased. I’ve worked in a press box for Minor League Baseball. Unbiased is very loosely observed.

Yes the Personal Foul that negated TJ’s other sack, total BS as Cam hit him on the shoulder pads. Huntley’s football move was to start running, which removes him as a passer. His helmet was already dislodged because he became a runner and was hit on both sides.

Footnote, did anyone notice the 6 to 1 penalty difference? ….and not one holding penalty on BAL?
I agree with this. I thought it was a fumble and the QB either didn't have possession or had possession and fumbled again, therefore it wasn't a sack.

Yeah I did notice that difference . Mentioned it during the game how lopsided it was. Thankfully Ben Ben Ben! Was letting a different script play out.

While I agree with most,first a little extra shout out to Cam. I mean come on. Aging like fine wine. Wouldn’t it be nice if he has a few more years at this level.

I am a little surprised no one has given a little shout out to Chase. I thought he had a good game. From his blocks,to his positive runs,and catches. He has been criticized a lot on here. It’s nice to see him playing harder. He’s only 23,and a big part of our future.

I think that playing Haeg will cost the steelers a comp pick. What's the deal with Banner? Is he still injured?

Game balls
Ben- clutch throws in the fourth when then needed to be clutch
TJ- DPOY!
Cam- almost as important to the team as the DPOY They take turns being Batman and Robin
Boz- you just knew it was a win. even in the rain

Goats- the coaching staff for sticking with Green at center for as many games as they did. let him have a offseason of putting weight on and maybe next year try it again.

FU- to no one! everything worked out that the 2021 Steelers make the playoffs. I will probably regret this in April, but it feels good today

Goats- the coaching staff for sticking with Green at center for as many games as they did. let him have a offseason of putting weight on and maybe next year try it again.
Still shaking my head on this one...it's not like the game film did not show him being blown up constantly.

Here's the thing...He's 5' 10" 183...I can understand many of his moves to avoid the contact as Football is a violent sport. You get those extra yards and yes, you do invite injury. He's got to pick his spots to be sure, so he can stay on the field...Those big guys are a REAL THREAT TO POP HIM & HE DOES GET POPPED....He should add 10-15 pounds of muscle in the off season...He should be able retain his shiftiness & speed
AB is the same size, in fact there are a lot of WR that size. Him running backwards is no excuse...
He and Mondreax was in on the strip and recover.
Just watched the play again on youtube, Watt is there for the SACK alone, Huntley gets hit again AFTER the ball is loose for the second time. Bad snap, Huntley falls on it, looks up and gets up with the ball, Watt hits him and dislodges the ball again. The fact that Huntley still had the ability to throw the ball means this is a sack and the NFL should absolutely reverse that.

yeah, and play Chukes at LT. Wasn't Chukes at LT and Banner at RT the plan heading into the season?
Yes, I think they wanted to keep as much continuity as possible. Btw, the whole idea that Haeg could wash out Feiler's comp pick is ridiculous. The contract values and playing time aren't even in the same zip code. The NFL needs to fix that system.

Apparently, the reason TJ’s first ‘sack’ didn’t count is because the fumble was credited to the center on the play and Huntley was credited with a fumble recovery. That’s why it’s not considered a sack.

The press box scorers ruled it was a broken play upon snap so QB was a RB. The argument is the the play wasn’t a RPO as it appears the OL didn’t move downfield.

So not a running play. Trying to think what other kind of play it could be. Running play? Nope, already rule that out. Punt? No, Huntley not a punter. Field goal? Nope, again Huntley not a placekicker. Extra point? No, again Huntley not a placekicker.

Jeez, I cannot remember what the last type of play is. Running play, punt, field goal, extra point. Okay, cannot recall any other play, since if it was that other type of play, the guy picking up the football in the backfield would be called a "----er" and tackling that guy in the backfield would constitute a sack.

Apparently, the reason TJ’s first ‘sack’ didn’t count is because the fumble was credited to the center on the play and Huntley was credited with a fumble recovery. That’s why it’s not considered a sack.

60p6xi.jpg

Reactions: GMC
I would be beyond shocked if the NFL changed anything to benefit any Steelers player. I'm certainly not holding my breath.

So not a running play. Trying to think what other kind of play it could be. Running play? Nope, already rule that out. Punt? No, Huntley not a punter. Field goal? Nope, again Huntley not a placekicker. Extra point? No, again Huntley not a placekicker.

Jeez, I cannot remember what the last type of play is. Running play, punt, field goal, extra point. Okay, cannot recall any other play, since if it was that other type of play, the guy picking up the football in the backfield would be called a "----er" and tackling that guy in the backfield would constitute a sack.

60p6xi.jpg
It was a RPO Steeltime. Run/Pass Option. The offense built for Jackson. QB decides after the snap (under center or shotgun/pistol) if he’s handing it off or throwing a pass. Majority of colleges run it now. Ben’s TD throw to Claypool yesterday was a RPO.

The center exchange was not a fumble, Huntley recovered the errant snap picked it up and fumbled it and lost the recovery.

It was a RPO Steeltime. Run/Pass Option. The offense built for Jackson. QB decides after the snap (under center or shotgun/pistol) if he’s handing it off or throwing a pass. Majority of colleges run it now. Ben’s TD throw to Claypool yesterday was a RPO.

The center exchange was not a fumble, Huntley recovered the errant snap picked it up and fumbled it and lost the recovery.

this explanation would makes sense to me if Huntley never quite recovered the bad snap, but he did. He had the ball in his possession and was about to start looking to make a play when Watt got the hit on him. It should have been a sack.

Since the RB was not even in the backfield and the offensive line was pass blocking, that means Huntley was GOING TO PASS. So he gathered up the bad snap, had possession, was in the process of passing when tackled in the backfield.

I think the NFL has a term for that. Rhymes with "back" and "tack" and "lack" and is a synonym for bag.

this explanation would makes sense to me if Huntley never quite recovered the bad snap, but he did. He had the ball in his possession and was about to start looking to make a play when Watt got the hit on him. It should have been a sack.

Yep.

Let’s say that snap went over Huntley’s head and he ran back 10 yards and picked it up and started scrambling with it and was tackled. That is going as a sack. No doubt. Yet somehow here they are saying fumble, it’s bullshit and TJ should ask for the stat change.