• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's................@ Vikings....

When you are losing 29-0 and get an interception and the whole team celebrates, you have a coaching problem. That was the most embarrassing moment of the game.
Also we can complain about lack of talent all we want, but last night the Steelers played atrocious for a half and solid for a half. That inconsistency indicates a coaching problem.
If they lack talent, how are they playing very well at times?
The score was actually 29-7 at the time, but it was still cringeworthy, without a doubt. That unnecessary celebration along with Claypool's first down signal while down 8 points with 36 seconds left in the game were just the two most glaring examples of embarrassing behavior.

The Steelers commit at least one stupid personal foul penalty every week. It costs the team dearly, and the problem is evidently not even addressed, let alone fixed. I guess that's why these selfish guys love playing for Tomlin -- they can do whatever the **** they want, whenever they want. Claypool couldn't openly admit that he'd done anything wrong. He's learning that well from the clown at the top.

I’m tired of Ray Ray returning kicks. Can we just never take one out of the end zone again cause our guys live to chop block

I'll probably get ridiculed for this, but I've become increasingly annoyed by the general approach and attitude of young players coming into the league, including a whole boatload of our own players. For decades it seemed, players would be happy to get drafted, work their ***** off for years, achieve some success, get rewarded with more money, more security, longer term contracts. The very best became leaders on their teams, led them to playoff and SB glory. The cream of the crop made the Pro Bowl, and there were numerous *stars* around the NFL, who became rich & famous due to their talent and on-field achievement.

Past few years, seems every ******* rookie coming in is automatically a made man. Everyone's flaunting their cash on Instagram, posing with luxury cars & clothing, flashing the bling. Look around the league, look at social media, even mediocre players project starpower, wealth & success even if they've done exactly *jack ***** in their young careers. Some are barely even playing, yet they're acting like they're Jay ******* Z. On our own team, I noticed a player like Isaiah Buggs, who came in as a sixth round pick in 2019, barely made the squad, is nowhere near being an established NFL player or star, yet he's posing on Instagram with Bentleys, gold chains around his neck, acting like a rap star. JuJu and Claypool same thing, following AB's footsteps. Everything's about the brand. Not the Steelers' brand, or even the NFL brand, but their own personal brand.

It seems this attitude has permeated, and has affected a large swath of players in the NFL and other professional sports. The way our DB's pose & preen for the cameras. What a ******* joke. Everything's superficial. Look at all the player pictures they post on the official Steelers FB and Insta accounts on gamedays. It's players dressed to kill, wearing flashy clothes, getting ready to board the plane, or arriving in the stadium. The NFL has turned into a ******* Fashion Show. All bells and whistles, smoke and mirrors. Achieving credible, legitimate star power by on-field performance has disappeared. You can't tell the difference between a true star from a ****** bench player who hardly plays. They're all flaunting their wealth, all pretending to be God damn superstars. It's like success is granted, it's a given, comes on a silver plate. Just get on an NFL team, boom, you've made it big. Humility, hard work, a lunchpail attitude, respecting the game, the tradition, the coaches, the veterans all seems to have dissipated. Perhaps for good.

Alright, rant off. Sorry.

Last edited:
I'll probably get ridiculed for this, but I've become increasingly annoyed by the general approach and attitude of young players coming into the league, including a whole boatload of our own players. For decades it seemed, players would be happy to get drafted, work their ***** off for years, achieve some success, get rewarded with more money, more security, longer term contracts. The very best became leaders on their teams, led them to playoff and SB glory. The cream of the crop made the Pro Bowl, and there were numerous *stars* around the NFL, who became rich & famous due to their talent and on-field achievement.

Past few years, seems every ******* rookie coming in is automatically a made man. Everyone's flaunting their cash on Instagram, posing with luxury cars & clothing, flashing the bling. Look around the league, look at social media, even mediocre players project starpower, wealth & success even if they've done exactly *jack ***** in their young careers. Some are barely even playing, yet they're acting like they're Jay ******* Z. On our own team, I noticed a player like Isaiah Buggs, who came in as a sixth round pick in 2019, barely made the squad, is nowhere near being an established NFL player or star, yet he's posing on Instagram with Bentleys, gold chains around his neck, acting like a rap star. JuJu and Claypool same thing, following AB's footsteps. Everything's about the brand. Not the Steelers' brand, or even the NFL brand, but their own personal brand.

It seems this attitude has permeated, and has affected a large swath of players in the NFL and other professional sports. The way our DB's pose & preen for the cameras. What a ******* joke. Everything's superficial. Look at all the player pictures they post on the official Steelers FB and Insta accounts on gamedays. It's players dressed to kill, wearing flashy clothes, getting ready to board the plane, or arriving in the stadium. The NFL has turned into a ******* Fashion Show. All bells and whistles, smoke and mirrors. Achieving credible, legitimate star power by on-field performance has disappeared. You can't tell the difference between a true star from a ****** bench player who hardly plays. They're all flaunting their wealth, all pretending to be God damn superstars. It's like success is granted, it's a given, comes on a silver plate. Just get on an NFL team, boom, you've made it big. Humility, hard work, a lunchpail attitude, respecting the game, the tradition, the coaches, the veterans all seems to have dissipated. Perhaps for good.

Najee

Najee has a somewhat odd, quirky personality, gets a little weird in pressers in front of cameras, but he's not the first guy who comes to mind. In fact, guys like him and 'Muth seem to have some old school work habits. Both seem humble enough and are certainly putting maximum effort into honing their craft.

If we take a step back, perhaps we should have seen what was coming, that this is indeed a rebuilding year. Hitting the field with multiple weaknesses and liabilities that are being exposed week in and week out.

And my fear is that the FO (Rooneys) will use this reasoning to stand pat and not make any major changes, either in coaching or player cuts. Just more status quo is all we're going to get.

I never thought I would say this as a Steeler fan but damn I wished we were more like the Pat's.

R.99702a6f94eaa5dc85bbd44a32678495

Here comes DIC with that poker of his....

And my fear is that the FO (Rooneys) will use this reasoning to stand pat and not make any major changes, either in coaching or player cuts. Just more status quo is all we're going to get.

R.99702a6f94eaa5dc85bbd44a32678495

Here comes DIC with that poker of his....
Just as long as he pokes Coolie.

Najee has a somewhat odd, quirky personality, gets a little weird in pressers in front of cameras, but he's not the first guy who comes to mind. In fact, guys like him and 'Muth seem to have some old school work habits. Both seem humble enough and are certainly putting maximum effort into honing their craft.
I was using him to show that not all of the young guys are like you describe. I'm greatly impressed with the way Najee handles himself. When he's successful, he points to his teammates. When he's not - even if it isn't his fault - he points to himself. I checked his twitter feed, and didn't see anything that would concern me there.

I have no problem with odd and quirky. In fact, I like it.

I was using him to show that not all of the young guys are like you describe. I'm greatly impressed with the way Najee handles himself. When he's successful, he points to his teammates. When he's not - even if it isn't his fault - he points to himself. I checked his twitter feed, and didn't see anything that would concern me there.

I have no problem with odd and quirky. In fact, I like it.

Ah, got it. Thought the opposite for a sec. I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Last edited:
God. I hope we don’t lose Minkah due to the ****** play of his team mates. Cook would of had 5 td in that first qtr if not for Fitzpatrick. You saw his frustration after one tackle on Cook when he started clapping and barking at the rest of the guys to do their job.

There’s a reason he hasn’t been getting many turnovers he’s too busy having to make the tackle every other guy on the team missed. Absolute stud.

Game ball:
Roethlisberger-not a great first half but was the only guy showing any fire. He should not have to be yelling at his teammates and coaches to get things going. The guy nearly led an all-time comeback and game-tying drive.

Goats:
The entire defense-simply pathetic. Just an awful performance not made up by them in the second half. I'll give Witherspoon some credit for making some plays.

Every clown that went for the team picture after the INT-Embarrassing. You gave up 29 points and allowed 15 YPC. You were down 29-7 at the time. The worst one who ran over was Edmunds. He's a veteran, what is he doing down there?

Najee Harris-good game running, but absolutely atrocious in pass protection. No where near guys he needed to be picking up.

Offensive Line-This unit gets goat of the year. They're flat out bad. Kendrick Green needs to get it together. Bad snaps and missed assignments. It's December, I'm not interested that he is a rookie anymore. You have to at some point perform.

Claypool-The first down signal was dumber than Plax's spike. Legitimately one of the most selfish things I've ever seen on the football field.

Tibs I LOVE you on this side of the board!!!!!!

Well said, completely agree.

everyone writing Ben off and he is one of only about five people on this ******* team I would keep

everyone writing Ben off and he is one of only about five people on this ******* team I would keep
Ben, Moore,Najee,Muth,Claypool (sorry he is a field stretcher I think some other coach could coach him up), Heyward,Watt,Mink, Chukes has been not great but ok. DJ. I am ok keeping these ten. I think Sutton shouldn't be on the outside. So throw him inside and that is 11. Maybe Green if he can get in the weight room and step up year 2 I would keep him but wouldn't blink if a C was brought in or drafted That is 12. I am not as down on RayRay as some others. I will make him 13. Big dot is capable so I will make him 14. Highsmith is ok for depth and until someone out performs him I will make him 15. AW proving ok for depth I will give him 16. Milk is showed a little I keep him at 17. Ditto Worm 18. Boz will make it 19.

Ben, Moore,Najee,Muth,Claypool (sorry he is a field stretcher I think some other coach could coach him up), Heyward,Watt,Mink, Chukes has been not great but ok. DJ. I am ok keeping these ten. I think Sutton shouldn't be on the outside. So throw him inside and that is 11. Maybe Green if he can get in the weight room and step up year 2 I would keep him but wouldn't blink if a C was brought in or drafted That is 12. I am not as down on RayRay as some others. I will make him 13. Big dot is capable so I will make him 14. Highsmith is ok for depth and until someone out performs him I will make him 15. AW proving ok for depth I will give him 16. Milk is showed a little I keep him at 17. Ditto Worm 18. Boz will make it 19.
I agree with most of this, but I think Highsmith is one I would keep as more than depth. He has made great strides. I think he will be a good bookend for Watt for years.

Ben, Najee, Muth on O / Cam, Minkah, Witherspoon on D - Thank you for showing up and playing.
Everyone else, including coaching staff - die in a fire.
Extra special red hot arse poking to Chase Claypool. I hope you find maturity or find another team to "AB". And this is a Fighting Irish fan speaking!

That is a really funny statement from a guy that has consistently supported liberal attitudes as acceptable for years and years. You don't think politics has anything to do with the attitude you so hate? The liberal allowance of "whatever bothers me matters"? Welcome to the world you created you *******.

God. I hope we don’t lose Minkah due to the ****** play of his team mates. Cook would of had 5 td in that first qtr if not for Fitzpatrick. You saw his frustration after one tackle on Cook when he started clapping and barking at the rest of the guys to do their job.

There’s a reason he hasn’t been getting many turnovers he’s too busy having to make the tackle every other guy on the team missed. Absolute stud.

Note how quickly he got frustrated with the Dolphins and basically forced a trade.

If he thinks the ship is sinking too deeply, he may just opt to test free agency after next season, unless the Steelers REALLY pay up.

That is a really funny statement from a guy that has consistently supported liberal attitudes as acceptable for years and years. You don't think politics has anything to do with the attitude you so hate? The liberal allowance of "whatever bothers me matters"? Welcome to the world you created you *******.

Thanks to sticking to football on the football side. Guess once you're an *******, always an *******. Oh well, at least you've firmly established this fact about yourself. Have a great weekend.

Note how quickly he got frustrated with the Dolphins and basically forced a trade.

If he thinks the ship is sinking too deeply, he may just opt to test free agency after next season, unless the Steelers REALLY pay up.
Two different levels of fail. Even when falling short our team manages to stay at or above .500. Steelers will pay him and well to boot.

Clark is pretty much speaking the obvious.

I mean, Claypool looked like basically wanted to fight Kendrick Green for interrupting his first down celebration.

Claypool is a total head case, but he is going to keep getting playing time because of his talent and potential.