• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's..............vs Jets..........week 4

While the Steelers are a not injured LS away from being 0-4, they are also a not injured TJ Watt away from being 4-0. He could have been the difference in each of the last 3 games.

Not sure how Pickett is getting so much blame for a pass that hits his most sure handed receiver in both hands. On that 2nd and 15 play, the best call would have been a screen to Harris. Harris had zero receptions yesterday and I consider pass catching to be his strength. You can slow down the rush by damaging the defense with some RB screens.

While the Steelers are a not injured LS away from being 0-4, they are also a not injured TJ Watt away from being 4-0. He could have been the difference in each of the last 3 games.

Not sure how Pickett is getting so much blame for a pass that hits his most sure handed receiver in both hands. On that 2nd and 15 play, the best call would have been a screen to Harris. Harris had zero receptions yesterday and I consider pass catching to be his strength. You can slow down the rush by damaging the defense with some RB screens.

This is notoriously what's wrong with the coaching staff. You and I can see it so why can't they see it???

Salute the nation

Well we saw the adjustment today at halftime that I've been waiting for all season and that was Kenny Pickett. His first action of the season was pretty much as I expected....He made some nice throws under pressure to Freiermuth on 3rd down and he made some bad throws....most notably the decision to throw it to Freiermuth on 2nd & 15 midway thru the 4th Quarter was a costly mistake for his team when there was no one open that ultimately was the deciding factor in this football game as our Steelers drop to 1-3 on the season. Zach Wilson really played great down the stretch and made the clutch throws on 3rd & 4th down that you want to see from your QB. I think alot of focus today will zero in on the Steelers Defense late in the game blowing a 10 point 4th Quarter lead....I have a few questions there when it comes to the Defense and that is why is Tyson Alualu still getting playing time over a guy like Isiah Loudermilk who has been Inactive for 4 weeks. Alualu should be cut! He is not in shape and he's a liability on the field out there! Also seeing Devin Bush several times on WR's late in the 4th QTR left me confused because it's clearly a mismatch for Devin Bush to be on a WR. Maybe it had to be injuries to Edmunds and Fitzpatrick down the stretch that left Bush out there on a WR.....the Jets took advantage of that on their final drive to take the lead. Not many positives to take from this game but there were some nice individual efforts today by several players. The team did seem to rally around Kenny Pickett in the 3rd quarter (they went 5 fore 5 on 3rd down conversions) and that was a ray of hope but it wasn't good enough. Down the stretch the Jets Defense made the stops and the Steelers Defense didn't. One glaring weakness on our Defense is that we have no one and I mean no one who can even come close to replacing TJ Watt. We need him back but I hope they don't rush him back. Malik Reed & Jamir Jones had a combined 2 tackles today and generated no pressure the whole game. Penalties really hurt the Steelers today especially on offense in the first half....they all but killed a couple drives. Looking ahead to next week I'm curious if Tomlin starts Kenny Pickett or goes back to Mitch Trubisky. I hope he sticks with Pickett because he is the future and IMO the future is now. I hate to say it but the Steelers at 1-3 right now are starting the heart & soul of their schedule ahead of them @ Buffalo, Tampa Bay, @ Miami, @ Philthy. That stretch of 4 games could result in our Steelers dropping to 1-7 before the BYE week. Maybe Pickett can make enough of a difference that we can win some of those games but it's not going to be easy. The Jets last 2 drives in the 4th Quarter 11 plays, 81 yards - TD 10 plays, 65 yards - TD.

Per Tomlin's Post Game:
Edmunds - In the Concussion Protocol
Cam Heyward - Elbow & Ankle that's being evaluated
Sutton - Knee being evaluated
Minkah - Ankle thats being evaluated. Was able to go back in

Game Balls:
George Pickens 6 rec 102 yds
Pat Freiermuth - 7 rec 85 yds
DeMarvin Leal - 4 tackles He really pushed the pocket and got good pressure today. We need to clone this guy!
Chris Boswell - 2 50+ yd FG's......I swear to god these NFL kickers must be juicing....I've never seen more 50+ yd FG's week in, week out.

Game Goats:
Kevin Dotson - If my count is correct he had 4 penalties today. Holding, 2 False Starts and Inelligible downfield. Didn't help the offense much today. He is NOT GOOD!
Gunner Olzewski - This guy hasn't shown us much if anything in 4 games. Not sure who else we can put back there but in 4 games now he has 2 fumbles.
Tyson Alualu - He didn't play much but his time in there he got blown off the football. This guy is not in football shape and he should be cut! Isiah Loudermilk is Inactive and shouldn't be.
Dionte Johnson - Average hands at best and only 2 receptions on the day for 11 yards. If the Steelers offense is going to be good it's got to be a guy like Johnson to lead the way.
Malik Reed & Jamir Jones - 2 tackles the entire game. Without TJ Watt this Defense is a shell.....these 2 bums are almost irrelevant out there on the field! We need better OLB Depth
Pressley Harvin - We saw 2021 Harvin today...maybe that injury is bothering him but he didn't punt well today.
Mike Tomlin - 10 days in between games and you start Trubisky only to bench him at halftime. You should have given Kenny Pickett the start so he could get the reps needed to be properly prepared for this game!

FU's:
Chase Claypool - This guy is really starting to annoy me. I see lack of effort week in, week out on his part. On Pickett's INT he got beat by a 5"8" DB. He should have caught that ball. This guy is 6'4" tall and he plays the game like a GIANT PU$$Y! 0 catches today! I just don't think Chase has the fight in him to be a WR in the NFL!

Tomlin was inactive not talking to his new QB too. Good thing he's not in a pass conference, its kind of hard to communicate with his shades and gum chewing. He won't commit to Pickett starting next week? What is watching. At 1-3 with the Bills next, the season is pretty much over if/when we go 1-4.

Last edited:

If CMT reads this and a lightbulb goes off he just might use a RB screen. The problem being of course if it works once,he will use it 10 more times in the game. And when it doesn’t work anymore,they will still use it another 15 times the next game.🤔

I would love to hear how they game plan for the upcoming teams. Scratch that. I probably wouldn’t. Listening to the same old B.S without ever really saying a thing. Obviously.
Mike Tomlin would make a great politician.

I can’t believe they don’t swing it out to Naj more.

PUT SOME EFFORT INTO IT SON!

I know there's not much of a chance in hell here but my god goto the :54 second mark and watch Pickett's HAIL MARRY. Chase as a WR please put some ******* effort into it. If he sprints to the ball instead of flopping like a flap jack despite no serious contact.....perhaps maybe he gets a hand on it, heck he's only 6' 4" and the Steelers can get the tipped ball......If he gets there Freirmuth really could have had a legit chance for it. I guess we can't expect effort from Chase Claypool.....he's one lazy MOTHER ******!

Not a claypool fan, but cant blame him much for that one. The ball was a little too deep and the defender was kinda blocking him. PF and Pickens had no shot at it.

I see stuff like that, and then I wonder how in the hell he made that awesome catch of a horrible throw on the slant against Cincy. Makes no sense.

if the Jets defenders can get to the back of the end zone, then so can Jumppool. Dude literally stretched out for it instead of sprinting his *** to the end zone and trying to establish position.

if the Jets defenders can get to the back of the end zone, then so can Jumppool. Dude literally stretched out for it instead of sprinting his *** to the end zone and trying to establish position.

Imagine that concept, use your body to screen a defender out..................... where the **** did that coe from ?

His coaching staff isn't showing much as why is he not getting it ? Do they not teach anything in practice other than show up and try.?

We all know Antonio Brown's story but he showed up and worked his *** off.

Salute the nation

This is notoriously what's wrong with the coaching staff. You and I can see it so why can't they see it???

Salute the nation
Um lets see…troubleshooting 101… either the last two OC’s and DC’s have the exact same shortcomings with vastly different rosters, or something else in common all those years is a problem… id troubleshoot special teams, but i mean we ain’t ever switching from bubbles

Um lets see…troubleshooting 101… either the last two OC’s and DC’s have the exact same shortcomings with vastly different rosters, or something else in common all those years is a problem… id troubleshoot special teams, but i mean we ain’t ever switching from bubbles

I hear yaz and do you know what a trouble shooting flow chart is,......... well lets just say all the arrows would be pointing to one thing.

Salute the nation

Imagine that concept, use your body to screen a defender out..................... where the **** did that coe from ?

His coaching staff isn't showing much as why is he not getting it ? Do they not teach anything in practice other than show up and try.?

We all know Antonio Brown's story but he showed up and worked his *** off.

Salute the nation
they dont even teach him how to put eye black on, and we see how that has worked out for him. out there looking like David Lee Roth's "Eat 'em and Smile" album cover.

they dont even teach him how to put eye black on, and we see how that has worked out for him. out there looking like David Lee Roth's "Eat 'em and Smile" album cover.

David Lee was soft, so is eye makeup Canadian boy.!!!

Salute the nation