• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's...............vs Patriots.....Week 2

Canada's contract is up after this year. ARll will allow him to be fired then ... well, actually they'll announce they are not renewing his contract. Do you risk handicapping Pickett behind this OL and with this OC and possibly screwing him up?

Yes Mitch is serviceable.....I would be ok with him serving me dinner....not as the starting QB for my Pittsburgh Steelers!

You can't win with a QB who can't make plays! We almost witnessed that last week despite 5 turnovers and 7 sacks and a balls out performance by our Defense!

If you were building a football team would you make Mitch Trubisky your starting QB? I mean really you've had 4+ years of game footage of the guy.....have you seen anything that would convince you he was the best guy for the job? Hell he wasn't even the best QB statisically in the pre-season!

Mitch was responsible for missed throws.....he had George Pickens behind the Defense on the same side of the field as he was rolling to when he tossed a 3 yd completion to Muth. If he throws it to Pickens there it's an easy TD!

Come to the realization that Trubisky is not the answer or the future at QB. You have Kenny Pickett waiting for his chance.....He has shown enough in the pre-season to show that the stage in not too big for him. LET HIM START!
I'll challenge this.

Who's to say that Kenny would have seen Pickens on the missed TD???

You do realize our OL has more holes than a Swiss cheese factory...

I'll name Tomlin and Canada game goats. They should be locked in a room for the next 72 hours and be forced to watch Kansas City's and Ohio State's offenses non-stop. They should be allowed out of the room every 15 minutes for a kick square in the ***.

Tomlin loves Canada's out of the box thinking when it comes to offensive scheme
Sounds like my superiors at work. When they say "think outside the box" they mean outside of your box but not outside of their box.

Game Balls

#39 and #51

Goats

Our entire coaching staff. Looks like they made zero adjustments at halftime....as usual.

I'll name Tomlin and Canada game goats. They should be locked in a room for the next 72 hours and be forced to watch Kansas City's and Ohio State's offenses non-stop. They should be allowed out of the room every 15 minutes for a kick square in the ***.

A-N-D

monitored to see if they urinate down their legs...........................

Salute the nation

I was waiting for this thread and since you opened the door...

Mitch is a serviceable QB. He and (we) are being dis-serviced by the inept playcalling from our OC.

I believe it's time for Coach Tomlin to call this man on the red carpet and demand more play action and throws of 15 yards or more...

Mitch did not muff a punt.

Mitch did not miss a sure INT.

Mitch did not miss the MOST OBVIOUS false start in modern football.

Mitch DID throw an ill-advised high-ball that resulted in an INT.

Oh, Mitch was not the reason we couldn't stop the in-cut patterns on 3rd down most of the day.

And finally, Mitch was not the reason we didn't have one sack all day...

Not a fan of his play style but sheesh give the kid a break.
I think the reason our defense can't stop those in-cut patterns amd the crossing routes is they never see them in practice.

I'll challenge this.

I'm telling you our O-line was actually better today than they were all last season! I'm not saying they were great but they were much better than they've been.

Kenny will miss throws, he will throw INT's.....but I want to see if we have something in this kid. I know what we have in Trubisky and that's a jouneymen sub-par QB who IMO should be our #3 QB.

I'm telling you our O-line was actually better today than they were all last season! I'm not saying they were great but they were much better than they've been.

Kenny will miss throws, he will throw INT's.....but I want to see if we have something in this kid. I know what we have in Trubisky and that's a jouneymen sub-par QB who IMO should be our #3 QB.
No one is saying you're wrong (about Kenny).

Our OL looked no better today than last year. I, for one, and very disappointed in Daniels---he's just as bad as the Panther's reject we had last season...

As it has been stated - Marsha Brady would look mediocre behind this OL. So would Mahomes and/or Lamar...

Throwing Kenny in before they gel---well, we just get a ****** up version of Joe Burrow...

Yes Mitch is serviceable.....I would be ok with him serving me dinner....not as the starting QB for my Pittsburgh Steelers!

You can't win with a QB who can't make plays! We almost witnessed that last week despite 5 turnovers and 7 sacks and a balls out performance by our Defense!

If you were building a football team would you make Mitch Trubisky your starting QB? I mean really you've had 4+ years of game footage of the guy.....have you seen anything that would convince you he was the best guy for the job? Hell he wasn't even the best QB statisically in the pre-season!

Mitch was responsible for missed throws.....he had George Pickens behind the Defense on the same side of the field as he was rolling to when he tossed a 3 yd completion to Muth. If he throws it to Pickens there it's an easy TD!

Come to the realization that Trubisky is not the answer or the future at QB. You have Kenny Pickett waiting for his chance.....He has shown enough in the pre-season to show that the stage in not too big for him. LET HIM START!
Going to be Devils Advocate regarding the offensive play. Yeah Mitch is playing as a game manager, but that’s what to expect in week 2. It really takes 4 games before a unit gets in rhythm or cohesive. This offense is pretty new. QB/OL interior and some new talented WRs. Mitch is obviously playing heavily conservative with his check downs, because he’s not feeling comfortable yet with the OL. I’d have to say as of right now James Daniel has been a disappointment he needs to get better as the ”elder” lineman on that squad. Because he sure isn’t playing like the money they gave him. You have Mitch saying In his press conference we need more routes to the middle, but Canada has said there are WR there in the patterns. So both need to have a convo. Mitch needs to take chances, and Canada needs to use his players more creatively in getting a rhythm like on Muth’s scoring drive. It’s gotten a little less predictable, but it still is. No huddle allowed Mitch to read the field faster. But the next possession, Canada goes back to regular play calling. SMH. Lord call plays to the players strengths OC,……you had Najee and Warren getting chunks in the uptempo, in addition to the passing but it shut down when you went back to regular timing.

I'll challenge this.

Realistically, the only situation we see Kenny is if there is an injury or we are well out of the division race. I do not want Kenny to have a Joe Burrow like season ending injury as a rookie.

Canada's contract is up after this year. ARll will allow him to be fired then ... well, actually they'll announce they are not renewing his contract. Do you risk handicapping Pickett behind this OL and with this OC and possibly screwing him up?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Buckeye obviously took a time machine into the future and gazed the outcome!

FU to Canada-The offense is averaging approximately 3.33 pts per quarter, what’s not to like?

Game ball (since we seem to be handing out participation trophies this year)-As bad as today looked the OL looked better today than last week, one of the only positives I saw on that side of the ball. This could also be a product of a less stout D, but I’m trying to find the silver lining to this debacle. So participation trophies for improvement!

FU to Mitch as well- It is really hard to watch the 2 yard check downs on 3rd and 8. Marty called and said that’s a bit too conservative.

Minkah looked good again as well

Going to be Devils Advocate regarding the offensive play. Yeah Mitch is playing as a game manager, but that’s what to expect in week 2. It really takes 4 games before a unit gets in rhythm or cohesive. This offense is pretty new. QB/OL interior and some new talented WRs. Mitch is obviously playing heavily conservative with his check downs, because he’s not feeling comfortable yet with the OL. I’d have to say as of right now James Daniel has been a disappointment he needs to get better as the ”elder” lineman on that squad. Because he sure isn’t playing like the money they gave him. You have Mitch saying In his press conference we need more routes to the middle, but Canada has said there are WR there in the patterns. So both need to have a convo. Mitch needs to take chances, and Canada needs to use his players more creatively in getting a rhythm like on Muth’s scoring drive. It’s gotten a little less predictable, but it still is. No huddle allowed Mitch to read the field faster. But the next possession, Canada goes back to regular play calling. SMH. Lord call plays to the players strengths OC,……you had Najee and Warren getting chunks in the uptempo, in addition to the passing but it shut down when you went back to regular timing.

Realistically, the only situation we see Kenny is if there is an injury or we are well out of the division race. I do not want Kenny to have a Joe Burrow like season ending injury as a rookie.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Buckeye obviously took a time machine into the future and gazed the outcome!
I have heard somewhere we don't live in our fears.🥴🤸

I left with 11 minutes left in the 4th quarter. (Moved across state to start my new job tomorrow.) You could just see hoodie out coaching shades again. It's s lame. Yeah, it's Canada, I get it, but Tomlin can put the kabosh on that nonsense at anytime, and is not. So, take that for what you want.

This team is sloppy, unprepared, held back, etc. Beating a dead horse, I know, but with no Ben to bail him out, shades goes 5-12 this year. It's just bad.

Remember when 3rd and long was a great thing? No more. Remember when our QB could read a D, and anticipate when receivers are going to be open? Remember when we used to throw more than four yards? Remember when our run game was a threat? Remember when other teams didn't know what our signals are (opps, wrong topic). This organization is lower to mid level. That's that standard that is the standard.

I'm done with Mitch, too, but you can bet that KP is not wanting in on this situation. I bet he would prefer to wait until real coaches show up.

I left with 11 minutes left in the 4th quarter. (Moved across state to start my new job tomorrow.) You could just see hoodie out coaching shades again. It's s lame. Yeah, it's Canada, I get it, but Tomlin can put the kabosh on that nonsense at anytime, and is not. So, take that for what you want.

This team is sloppy, unprepared, held back, etc. Beating a dead horse, I know, but with no Ben to bail him out, shades goes 5-12 this year. It's just bad.

Remember when 3rd and long was a great thing? No more. Remember when our QB could read a D, and anticipate when receivers are going to be open? Remember when we used to throw more than four yards? Remember when our run game was a threat? Remember when other teams didn't know what our signals are (opps, wrong topic). This organization is lower to mid level. That's that standard that is the standard.

I'm done with Mitch, too, but you can bet that KP is not wanting in on this situation. I bet he would prefer to wait until real coaches show up.
Thought you did well until this. That rookie wants to be on the field.

Anywho how could anyone know when that would take place? We might be stuck with ****** OCs for awhile.

Belichick out-coached Tomlin? How? The punt muff and Witherspoon going for the INT instead of knocking down the pass was the difference in this game. That possession Mitch checks down to Najee and DJ is wide open sprinting down the post. Same with Claypool on the triple coverage throw to DJ. Is Shades telepathically telling Mitch to throw it to wherever? C’mon Dj, don’t go all Coach on us, you are so much better than that. I will say this, Tomlin will stick with Mitch far longer than any of us will. He’s givien him a long leash.

I hear you about the two 3 and out's in the 4th but did you see the play calling? We went ultra-conservative. I put those mostly on Canaduh once again. Sure, Ben might have gotten something but one of those was 3rd and 2. Why not put Trubisky in motion to give him time and the opportunity to run for the easy 2 yards if it was there? I thought that's why they wanted a more mobile QB yet they don't use it.

Don't recall seeing 1 pressure on Mac Jones all day he had way too much freedom - Get well soon TJ
The underneath stuff was there all day for *ats. We didn't adjust and the tackling is still horrendous. Is there a rule against knocking someone on their ***?

Mitch didn't lose this game but he didn't win it either. The boos had as much to do with play calling as they did Mitch. I think the happy feet mentioned has as much to do with his trust in this OLine as it does in his poor mechanics.

I'm 50/50 on Pickett today just to see. He can't do much worse.

But knee-jerk reactions in the nfl seldom pay dividends.
The int play had definitely high pressure , from Highsmith iirc

Belichick out-coached Tomlin? How? The punt muff and Witherspoon going for the INT instead of knocking down the pass was the difference in this game. That possession Mitch checks down to Najee and DJ is wide open sprinting down the post. Same with Claypool on the triple coverage throw to DJ. Is Shades telepathically telling Mitch to throw it to wherever? C’mon Dj, don’t go all Coach on us, you are so much better than that. I will say this, Tomlin will stick with Mitch far longer than any of us will. He’s givien him a long leash.
Might not say out coached because there wasn’t a chess game going on for back and forth adjustments, so I agree Tomlin wasn’t out coached. Bill didn’t need to adjust because the came out exploiting the middle of or defense on 10 in routes and we never did anything to stop it. As for Mitch he may be handcuffed by Canada we all his offense is garbage, but Mitch’s accuracy and or arm strength sucks. On the last drive after Pickens catch he had DJ open down the sideline through it out side instead of inside. Would have been in field goal range. The Najee pass at the end of the game, he had the lb beat. Under threw him by 4 yards.

I hear you about the two 3 and out's in the 4th but did you see the play calling? We went ultra-conservative. I put those mostly on Canaduh once again. Sure, Ben might have gotten something but one of those was 3rd and 2. Why not put Trubisky in motion to give him time and the opportunity to run for the easy 2 yards if it was there? I thought that's why they wanted a more mobile QB yet they don't use it.
Agreed. It's hard to watch.

The Steelers (with Trubisky) are dead last in the league in yards per passing attempt at 5.1 after 2 games, 1.6 yards under Mitch's career average with the Bears. They were 30th last year as a team at 6.0. Ben averaged 6.2 himself, 1.4 yards under his career mark. These are gigantic deviations for YPA.

The common thread in this shitshow is Matt Canada's offense. I was expecting better QB mobility to make a difference, but it hasn't.

Play calling and O scheme is terrible and the front "HOME" page article about firing O'Canada in season is pretty accurate and true. (read it when you can).

We have talent and yes an OL that could hold just long enough should the play calling / scheme move to something ore NFL compliant.

Salute the nation