• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's...............vs Patriots.....Week 2

No one is saying you're wrong (about Kenny).

Our OL looked no better today than last year. I, for one, and very disappointed in Daniels---he's just as bad as the Panther's reject we had last season...

As it has been stated - Marsha Brady would look mediocre behind this OL. So would Mahomes and/or Lamar...

Throwing Kenny in before they gel---well, we just get a ****** up version of Joe Burrow...
They were better today Berm. We missed running lanes on some plays and Mitch had some time on plays and missed wide open guys. At least twice Najee missed some decent holes. They are improving and the skill guys need to catch up.

I thought Harvin punted well and Boswell might be our offensive MVP. Give love to the Kickers and Punters!

Agreed. It's hard to watch.

The Steelers (with Trubisky) are dead last in the league in yards per passing attempt at 5.1 after 2 games, 1.6 yards under Mitch's career average with the Bears. They were 30th last year as a team at 6.0. Ben averaged 6.2 himself, 1.4 yards under his career mark. These are gigantic deviations for YPA.

The common thread in this shitshow is Matt Canada's offense. I was expecting better QB mobility to make a difference, but it hasn't.
He didn't even use the mobility part of the offense. He went very vanilla. I don't understand his play calling. His schemes may work but his timing and calls don't. He has no feel for what to call when.

I was waiting for this thread and since you opened the door...

Mitch is a serviceable QB. He and (we) are being dis-serviced by the inept playcalling from our OC.

I believe it's time for Coach Tomlin to call this man on the red carpet and demand more play action and throws of 15 yards or more...

Mitch did not muff a punt.

Mitch did not miss a sure INT.

Mitch did not miss the MOST OBVIOUS false start in modern football.

Mitch DID throw an ill-advised high-ball that resulted in an INT.

Oh, Mitch was not the reason we couldn't stop the in-cut patterns on 3rd down most of the day.

And finally, Mitch was not the reason we didn't have one sack all day...

Not a fan of his play style but sheesh give the kid a break.
Yep. We probably win this if Witherspoon high points that ball, or Sutton catches that gimme pick… or gunner doesn’t head that punt into the opponent’s arms… but then again if they aren’t pissing down their own legs over the hoodies secondary and score just once more, they probably win as well….

Yep. We probably win this if Witherspoon high points that ball, or Sutton catches that gimme pick… or gunner doesn’t head that punt into the opponent’s arms… but then again if they aren’t pissing down their own legs over the hoodies secondary and score just once more, they probably win as well….
Or if we have a competent OC and QB.

😁

Defense played well enough to win but . . .

Oline continues to suck.
Canada play calling continues to suck.
Tribuski . . .took off running to the right on a play in second half. Slides in a close game where he could have gotten the 1st down. DUDE, you don't need to save your self, we have two more just as good as you on the bench. Show some heart and you might win some people over.
A dropped int and a muffed punt 2 plays apart gave the che*triots the win.

No game balls only goats.

They’re not game balls anymore

Last week we decided participation trophies are the new standard, very fitting

And participation trophies MUST be handed out if there were participants

Canada needs to go, should have never been hired. By default for hiring Canada Tomlin should be fired and never allowed to coach in the NFL again. The proof i present for this is simple.

Matt Canada has been a coach since 1996, he has had 17 different titles since. He has not held a position for over 2 years ever. He has one stint at a team that has lasted over 2 years. I said this in another thread. Any job anywhere in any industry anywhere would not hire someone with this resume. The resume speaks for itself. When you have to bounce around this much and this often you are not good at your job. And for Tomlin to look at this resume and think "yeah this is my guy" tells me that Tomlin is an idiot. Honestly name me any job anywhere where someone with this resume over 27 years would get considered for a jump to the next level?

Last edited:
I'm a passionate Steelers fan! Yeah I say st00pid ****! I ******* HATE Trubisky! He's GARBAGE! Take it for whatever the **** you want! HE SUCKS! Canada SUCKS! Pickett is the future! THE FUTURE IS NOW!

Everyone wanted to blame Big Ben (A FUTURE HOF QB) for last year's poor performance on offense! Can we put that baby to bed? Ben was not the problem! OBVIOUSLY!
Everyone wanted to blame Ben? His lack of mobility was a problem, however it was way down the the list of things to blame for the poor offense.

Tribuski . . .took off running to the right on a play in second half. Slides in a close game where he could have gotten the 1st down. DUDE, you don't need to save your self, we have two more just as good as you on the bench. Show some heart and you might win some people over.
Agree, that was a WTF moment.

Belichick out-coached Tomlin? How? The punt muff and Witherspoon going for the INT instead of knocking down the pass was the difference in this game. That possession Mitch checks down to Najee and DJ is wide open sprinting down the post. Same with Claypool on the triple coverage throw to DJ. Is Shades telepathically telling Mitch to throw it to wherever? C’mon Dj, don’t go all Coach on us, you are so much better than that. I will say this, Tomlin will stick with Mitch far longer than any of us will. He’s givien him a long leash.
Hoodie adjusted his game at half time. Tomlin didn't appear to.

The Coach reference was painful, but I love you still.

I have worked for managers just like Tomlin. He gets just slightly more done than is required, but is so egotistical and hiding his lack of skill, that he will not hire ANYONE that would overshadow himself.
To be fair didn't he do just that on D this year?

I don't know why he isn't trying to give Canada help, well unless he is telling him the preferred approach. Seems like that is what he was hinting at in his post game conference...

To be fair didn't he do just that on D this year?

I don't know why he isn't trying to give Canada help, well unless he is telling him the preferred approach. Seems like that is what he was hinting at in his post game conference...
The hire this year was a PR stunt, though it may turn out to be a great addition, we shall see.

The OC BS has been going on for years, and with multiple coordinators, that tells me that MT is calling the shots on what he wants to see.

Tomlin has said many times that the plan is the plan, and they don’t make adjustments during games.

That goes for the entire season. It's a fatal flaw in philosophy. As the season goes on and you get more film. It's much easier to plan as you know for certain nothing will change.

The nose dives at the end of season and getting smashed in the playoffs is the result.

Permanent mediocrity is the standard. All of the cute coach speak mumbo jumbo nonsense isn't going to win a championship ever.

Even with those plays, you are only asking the offense to score 20 points at home. Wide receivers make DBs look like clowns all the time so I won't dog Witherspoon. Sutton, like many DBs, always drop easy picks...it's why they play DB and not WR. Gunner's fumble was bad no matter what. Even considering all this, they did enough. The offense didn't and it's the same story every week.

Play calling and O scheme is terrible and the front "HOME" page article about firing O'Canada in season is pretty accurate and true. (read it when you can).

We have talent and yes an OL that could hold just long enough should the play calling / scheme move to something ore NFL compliant.

Salute the nation
Drink, you’ve been following the team long enough to know the organization hasn’t fired any coach since before Chuck was hired (Larry Zierlein I believe was let go in the off-season for his email scandal). Dan and now Art2 have always let coaches play out the season, and then let the head coach with their exit interviews decide whether the relationship will continue (Arians was the exception).

Also you know damn well if Mr. Rooney let Ray Sherman stay the whole year as OC and THEN, Cowher allowing Gilbride and his horror show to stay for two consecutive years, there is an infinitesimal chance that Canada will be fired during the season.

Happy and welcome to the site for the writer of the article, and it’s always good for 70’s era souls to “keep things in perspective“. But Bob, if he‘s a historian of the organization through the good and bad times, should know we haven‘t fired any coach in over 50 years and Omar will definitely NOT be involved in the hiring or firing of coaches. That’s the Head Coach’s decision. Always has been, again since Chuck and Dan took over.