• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's...........Week 1 @ Atlanta

INHERITED??? Let me put this argument to rest...

Cowher DIDN'T win the SUPER BOWL the prior year before with these same players...

FACT: TOMLIN WON A SUPER BOWL with the same players Cowher couldn't....
Well.... I guess that is settled. :rolleyes:

“Facts are facts”…Lord, rationalization from context isn’t in your mindset. Use it instead of baseball euphemisms, as yours is like Angel Hernandez behind the plate. Most GM’s do bring in the HC. Problem is Dan Rooney hired the head coaches, not the Director of Football Ops (Art Rooney Jr., Haley, Donahoe, Colbert). HC hired their assistants or coordinators, but most transitions carry over some coaches. When Cowher retired, the defense was set. LeBeau had no urge to be a head coach again, he had players he felt could take his defense to the next level. Tomlin or any HC would have been an idiot to not keep Coach LeBeau if he wanted to stay (he still had a contract). I know he felt this way, because he said so at a coaching seminar before he retired while at TEN. I was in attendance.

Purge the rosters…please, “fact” is, due the adoption of free agency and hard salary cap, that process waived bye, bye a long time ago. Those franchises that still try that are constantly rebuilding (hello ARI, WAS, CHI, IND, NYJ, LAV), hire new HC every couple years, sign players, release players while mortgaging their future cap levels. You keep forgetting that the NFL for the past twenty years became Pete Rozzelle’s manifesto…..League Parity. With the exception of the Cheatriots, that’s what the league has been. The single denominator during this period for success has been the franchise QB. We had one, but not now. So, it’s back to the formula that gives you the best chance to win. Every HC who win games follow this formula. The difference, any given Sunday.

Andy Reid didn’t choose to move on from PHI. He was fired by Lurie. KC’s new GM hired him, and he brought over Pederson and an another couple of asst coaches. He kept a couple of KC’s asst coaches. Both Coordinators left because they didn’t get the HC job. He had solid QB, then got a HOF QB. Completely different scenario with PIT when Cowher retired. No comparison.

You give the HC props for the D last game? Yet it’s been the same game plan for years. Stop the run, pressure the QB. If it regresses it’s because of injuries, but Tomlin won’t use that as an excuse. It’s always next man up. Fortunately, it looks like we have good depth this year (except for WR, which I think Omar has something in the works). So your “pitches” were called from the worst umpire in the MLB.

Aww you feel sorry for me? Don’t fret Stillwright, your concern is noted, but unnecessary. Coach/Lloyd opinion doesn't even register in thoughts. The fact that he/she abuses the board as a non-contributor for personal gratification does irritate me since I am a long time contributor and I don’t particularly welcome unabashed freeloaders like him/her to our board. I do however, hope you learn from constructive feedback when given. It allows for a larger observation of situations and scenarios that you may have not acknowledged previously.

Hahahahahaha, thinking my statements regarding Coach/Lloyd discredits my comments is down right hilarious. Considering you are basing your own comments from his/her oxymoronic narrative that is discredited each time he/she repeats it. I wasn’t aware he/she needed someone else to defend his/her rather extreme opinion of Tomlin, but to each their own.
Yep. Facts are facts....Tomlin's early success came when Cowher players and coaches were here.

INHERITED??? Let me put this argument to rest...

Cowher DIDN'T win the SUPER BOWL the prior year before with these same players...

FACT: TOMLIN WON A SUPER BOWL with the same players Cowher couldn't....

Cowher won it all in 2005, and 2006 just may have been skewered by the franchise's best ever QB going face-first into a windshield and then having an appendectomy right before opening day.

Very few head coaches take over a team as stacked as Tomlin did - Ben Roethlisberger, Ryan Clark, Alan Faneca, Hines Ward, James Harrison, Troy Polamalu, James Farrior, Casey Hampton, Santonio Holmes, Jeff Hartings, Heath Miller, Willie Parker, Aaron Smith, Ike Taylor, Deshea Townsend.

4 guys in or soon to be in the HOF, another who deserves the honor.

Watch the game last night? I mean in reality the Steelers played smothering defense and got multiple turnovers. They scored 6 field goals. There were several important players who never even got targeted. I think Fields is an option moving forward but if all Russ was promised was pole position. I'd at least need to see him play to judge.

Yep. Facts are facts....Tomlin's early success came when Cowher players and coaches were here.

Facts ARE facts….the airspeed velocity of an unladen sparrow (African or European) would still not allow it to carry a coconut.

Facts ARE facts….the airspeed velocity of an unladen sparrow (African or European) would still not allow it to carry a coconut.
I spent a dime on that coconut then my sister came along bought one, then oddly put some lime in it. The doctor told her it would relieve her bellyache.

I am not sure about these quack Drs. As he told her to call back in the morning, was he experimenting?

Sigh

So is Tomlin a better Coach now....or was he in his first handful of seasons?

I don't blame the OC at all in this game. First game as the OC with 2 new QBs, and everyone learning the system.

The OL looked fantastic and will only get better. Zach and Daniels were making pancakes! Washington looks like a tackle in the run blocking game. We also scored on 6 of 10 possessions (should have scored on the 4th and 1 debacle, and found a way to get us points in 32 sec at the end of the half. It was a very well managed game, on the road with a new QB and offensive scheme. I see promise on O for the first time in a while.

For the underuse of Warren, he was still 3rd on the team in receptions.

Well.... I guess that is settled. :rolleyes:
I mean, you gotta think about the logic

Cowher did not win **** with the same team

Tomlin took an under performing BILL COWHER team and led them to the Super Bowl…

Cowher won it all in 2005, and 2006 just may have been skewered by the franchise's best ever QB going face-first into a windshield and then having an appendectomy right before opening day.

Very few head coaches take over a team as stacked as Tomlin did - Ben Roethlisberger, Ryan Clark, Alan Faneca, Hines Ward, James Harrison, Troy Polamalu, James Farrior, Casey Hampton, Santonio Holmes, Jeff Hartings, Heath Miller, Willie Parker, Aaron Smith, Ike Taylor, Deshea
Cowher failed to win with this team the year prior

Do you understand?

Cowher didn’t do **** with this team the prior year

TOMLIN WON IT. HE WON REMEMBER?

He didn’t inherit **** but a losing team from the year before the coward couldn’t do **** with

Do you understand Tomlin won the Super Bowl?

Go check, Wikipedia

Tomlin took an under performing BILL COWHER team and led them to the Super Bowl…
Is Tomlin a better coach now? Or in his first few seasons?

Is Tomlin a better coach now? Or in his first few seasons

Go watch his presser from today. You will see a master at work

Seriously… he played with the media and toyed with them. He put Russell Wilson on notice and he is positioning Justin fields to have the opportunity of a lifetime.

If you guys don’t see a coach on a mission in that press conference, then you are not watching and listening

So is Tomlin a better Coach now....or was he in his first handful of seasons?

Is Tomlin a better coach now? Or in his first few seasons?

Well, answer this first……was Bill Parcells a better coach later in his career, or in his first few seasons?

Well, answer this first……was Bill Parcells a better coach later in his career, or in his first few seasons?
I kiddingly ask you this…..was Bill Bellichick a better coach later in his career,or in his first few seasons ( NE tenure)👍

so you expect me to do research on Parcells?

As if this has anything to do with this conversation…

We’re gonna have to flag you for a 10 yard penalty for going off topic…🏴‍☠️

Go watch his presser from today. You will see a master at work

Seriously… he played with the media and toyed with them. He put Russell Wilson on notice and he is positioning Justin fields to have the opportunity of a lifetime.

If you guys don’t see a coach on a mission in that press conference, then you are not watching and listening
No....I don't watch his pressers anymore. Maybe he is a master at them....I simply wish he would become a master at coaching. Is that asking for too much?

No....I don't watch his pressers anymore. Maybe he is a master at them....I simply wish he would become a master at coaching. Is that asking for too much?
Looks like he had his team ready to play opening day. What more do you freaking want, bro?

Looks like he had his team ready to play opening day. What more do you freaking want, bro?
I really don't even know what you are talking about anymore to be honest. Sorry.

so you expect me to do research on Parcells?

As if this has anything to do with this conversation…

We’re gonna have to flag you for a 10 yard penalty for going off topic…🏴‍☠️

The question wasn’t direct at you SteveA. I was using the response to your post to inquire if Parcells meets the logic of his question.