• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's.............week 10 vs Packers....

A hostile takeover.
It appears that rotten no-good Coolie is putting you out of business.
You may as well post this in his " Initial thoughts after the game" thread.
coolie's thread sucks

it is obvious he is drunk posting

coolie's thread sucks

it is obvious he is drunk posting
Somebody has to make up for Berm and Stryker altering the alcohol pendulum levels. The Universe needs to stay on equal ground. Coolie best stock the liquor cabinet up there is work to do.

if we keep winning hell yes. I don't give wo ***** how it looks if the end result is us having more points than them. Period.
Ppl seem to forget there was like a long running stat that the media pushed to prove their narrative that Ben was just a game manager early in his career of like the Steelers win percentage being really low when Ben attempted 30+ passes. It was narrative we fought as fans for a long time, but Ben had plenty of games where he was simply handing the ball off and not getting "stats" just wins

Having the worst OC & DC on the same team is statistically very low.

Having a HC that dictates the game planning, which produces the worst OC & DC, is statistically MUCH higher.

Game Balls - Warren, Harris, Benton, Peterson

Goats - whoevers choice it was to kick short kickoffs. Austin- poor game plan. You can't have guys standing still in zone when WRs are running through it. There is no chance for the DBs to catch up.

FUs to coaching who just play ultra conservative on both sides.

Not sure how people are giving Pickett a Goat. The stats were not pretty, but 0 ints and a win. Plus we were up 17-7. DJ also dropped a bomb, and he hit Pickens to ice the game but was called back on a penalty. You can say Pickett had dropped ints but look at how many ints are dropped around the league. Give me a guy with no ints vs 400yrds and 3ints. The offense does need to open up more, but i think Pickett is doing what he is told. Look at the Ravens game when he chucked it to Pickens and canada looked pissed. Also just listen to what Tomlin says. Pickett is operating in a crap system. If you are being forced to do something all aspects of your game are going to suffer. They need to let Kenny just feel the game

Game Balls - Warren, Harris, Benton, Peterson

Goats - whoevers choice it was to kick short kickoffs. Austin- poor game plan. You can't have guys standing still in zone when WRs are running through it. There is no chance for the DBs to catch up.

FUs to coaching who just play ultra conservative on both sides.

Not sure how people are giving Pickett a Goat. The stats were not pretty, but 0 ints and a win. Plus we were up 17-7. DJ also dropped a bomb, and he hit Pickens to ice the game but was called back on a penalty. You can say Pickett had dropped ints but look at how many ints are dropped around the league. Give me a guy with no ints vs 400yrds and 3ints. The offense does need to open up more, but i think Pickett is doing what he is told. Look at the Ravens game when he chucked it to Pickens and canada looked pissed. Also just listen to what Tomlin says. Pickett is operating in a crap system. If you are being forced to do something all aspects of your game are going to suffer. They need to let Kenny just feel the game
Some fans discount that turnover ratio but the Steelers are near the top in differential. Since the history of football we have known turnovers are a significant factor on outcome. Plus how much does that DJ drop and Austin penalty effect end game stats? Does it push Kenny over 200? Those two plays are note worthy.

I can't really expand on anyone's game balls or goats. Pretty much nailed it.

I like reading these because it allows me to see where my thoughts fall in line with other in this community.

Not sure how people are giving Pickett a Goat. The stats were not pretty, but 0 ints and a win.

Pickett hit two defenders smack in the hands with throws. One was called an interception before being reversed because the CB pulled a Pickens and failed to drag his back foot. Pickett also threw some astonishingly ugly weird, wobbly backwards pass that could and indeed should have been called a lateral, resulting in a 1st and goal for the Packers. Finally, the Steelers averaged less yards per play passing than they did rushing.

How bad exactly does a QB need to be before you believe he merits being a goat? What if, in addition to all of the above, he owed you $50? Would that do it?

Pickett hit two defenders smack in the hands with throws. One was called an interception before being reversed because the CB pulled a Pickens and failed to drag his back foot. Pickett also threw some astonishingly ugly weird, wobbly backwards pass that could and indeed should have been called a lateral, resulting in a 1st and goal for the Packers. Finally, the Steelers averaged less yards per play passing than they did rushing.

How bad exactly does a QB need to be before you believe he merits being a goat? What if, in addition to all of the above, he owed you $50? Would that do it?
Yeah those two almost INTs were bad throws. Would like to see his accuracy percentage average jump at least 5 percent. I think it will just hope it is this season..

Well think of it this way...had those fuckups gone the other way, Kenny Clutch would have won it in the 4th anyway... in his usual come from behind fashion!

I'm going to disagree to a point, and realize it could be construed as a homer opinion, but this offense is easy for an opponent to plan for. Sure KP's accuracy can be questioned at times, he is however operating in a system that has him handcuffed. Remove slants, post and go routes and every time he drops back the defense only has to defend the sidelines. Add the lack of any play action and no QB currently playing would look all that good. Still convinced this is more about philosophy than KP's physical and mental ability.

I'm going to disagree to a point, and realize it could be construed as a homer opinion, but this offense is easy for an opponent to plan for. Sure KP's accuracy can be questioned at times, he is however operating in a system that has him handcuffed. Remove slants, post and go routes and every time he drops back the defense only has to defend the sidelines. Add the lack of any play action and no QB currently playing would look all that good. Still convinced this is more about philosophy than KP's physical and mental ability.
It's entirely possible that Kenny Pickett is the reason Kenny Pickett is handcuffed.

The goats will forever be HC, OC, DC. That triumvirate of ineptitude get goats every game until they're gone.
They win because of the talent on the field, plain and simple.
They couldn't properly scheme a trip to the garage freezer.

While I won't label Pickett a goat, he's not our future QB.
Sorry.
The game should have slowed down for him since last year and he should be seeing the field better.
His vision is below subpar and he's afraid to take chance and/or shots downfield.
He most certainly does not have that intangible "IT factor" your franchise QB needs to have.
He's maybe a game manager, and a mid one at that.
We simply don't have the O-Line or run game in place for that type QB currently.

The goats will forever be HC, OC, DC. That triumvirate of ineptitude get goats every game until they're gone.
They win because of the talent on the field, plain and simple.
They couldn't properly scheme a trip to the garage freezer.

While I won't label Pickett a goat, he's not our future QB.
Sorry.
The game should have slowed down for him since last year and he should be seeing the field better.
His vision is below subpar and he's afraid to take chance and/or shots downfield.
He most certainly does not have that intangible "IT factor" your franchise QB needs to have.
He's maybe a game manager, and a mid one at that.
We simply don't have the O-Line or run game in place for that type QB currently.
How can you say Kenny doesn't have the IT factor when he has 7 4th Q game winning drives. In 2yrs he has the 2nd highest QB rating in the 4th Q in the league. How many QBs do you see put up big numbers and with the game on the line choke? Even yesterday's game last drive we had a 3rd and long Pickett put it right on the money which should have ended the game, but then we had a penalty. Maybe he is not taking shots because he is told not to. You can say alot of things about Pickett, but he has been clutch when it matters

How can you say Kenny doesn't have the IT factor when he has 7 4th Q game winning drives. In 2yrs he has the 2nd highest QB rating in the 4th Q in the league. How many QBs do you see put up big numbers and with the game on the line choke? Even yesterday's game last drive we had a 3rd and long Pickett put it right on the money which should have ended the game, but then we had a penalty. Maybe he is not taking shots because he is told not to. You can say alot of things about Pickett, but he has been clutch when it matters
So should we just start Tribusky and/or Rudolph for the first 3 quarters, and only dust Kenny off if we're trailing in the 4th?
Just save him for when he can show this IT factor of his you're espousing?
The man is an NFL quarterback. He was drafted. He made the team. He was named starter.
Obviously, he is physically talented. And maybe our uber-uhtarded coaching staff is a hinderance to him and his development.
I personally didn't like Ben, Bell, nor Brown. BUT THEY COULD BALL........ALL 4 quarters! They were also clutch late in games, but you didn't have to wait three quarters to see their talent and IT factors.
I personally like Kenny. I just don't see it in him. I thought it was a foolish reach for him in the first, and nothing he's done since then has changed my mind.
I'll give him some more time. I'm not ready to call him a bust or worthless.
But I see a clipboard and ballcap in his near future.

It's entirely possible that Kenny Pickett is the reason Kenny Pickett is handcuffed.
It is also entirely possible the poster you are responding to is 100 percent correct.

Showing what our eyes are seeing. Broderick being able to athletically move so well just gets him on blocks others struggle with. More specifically Chukes struggles with.

Man it is about time. Just odd it took them as long as it did to insert him. When he was scouted by many I saw that out of all the tackles that his run blocking combined with his athletic ability was an attractive combo. He actually grew on me as I thought the other T I liked was more pass protect attractive.

Where athlete meets dog.

So should we just start Tribusky and/or Rudolph for the first 3 quarters, and only dust Kenny off if we're trailing in the 4th?
Just save him for when he can show this IT factor of his you're espousing?
The man is an NFL quarterback. He was drafted. He made the team. He was named starter.
Obviously, he is physically talented. And maybe our uber-uhtarded coaching staff is a hinderance to him and his development.
I personally didn't like Ben, Bell, nor Brown. BUT THEY COULD BALL........ALL 4 quarters! They were also clutch late in games, but you didn't have to wait three quarters to see their talent and IT factors.
I personally like Kenny. I just don't see it in him. I thought it was a foolish reach for him in the first, and nothing he's done since then has changed my mind.
I'll give him some more time. I'm not ready to call him a bust or worthless.
But I see a clipboard and ballcap in his near future.
Near future...

Definitely not seeing that at all. Not even a little bit. Long term who knows near term no way Jose.

Near future...

Definitely not seeing that at all. Not even a little bit. Long term who knows near term no way Jose.

If he was stinking it up in the 4th quarter throwing game losing picks we would all be yeah this dude isn't it, but he hasn't.

He's been clutch and a factor in winning the game.