• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's...........week 13..............@ Atlanta

Not what I saw, Litos. I suspect that the 2 down linemen, Watt, Highsmith is a version of dime with somebody else (Maulet?) on the field and Steelers came out 2nd half running that look repeatedly while being gashed.
Gotta check it out, either case would be bad. One is bad coaching, the other bad execution

Not sure why people are shltting all over the defense again. Atlanta runs the ball. That's what they do. They're second in the NFL in rushing, averaging 159 yards a game, and they ran for 160 against the Steelers. Big deal. For the second week in a row, Pittsburgh held the opposition below their average yardage, and 5 out of the last 7 games they've allowed 18 points or less. I'm OK with that.

Nice game for Najee, good physical running from the start. Broke a bunch of tackles, and that stiff-arm slam was sweet. When the guy is healthy, he's a beast.

I mostly like what I see from Kenny, but he is still missing a lot of open receivers. When they're open in Canada's offense, he's got to hit them.

Another decent game for most of the OL, except Dan Moore. He is a liability week in and week out.

Pickens needs to learn to channel his emotions. I love that he's a competitor, and I like the passion...but there are better ways to put it on display.

I give Tomlin A LOT of **** on here for his bad decisions, and there are MANY MANY bad decisions but the Asshat Earned a Game ball for his decision to punt it with under a minute left to force the game onto Mariotta's arm. I was 100% convinced Tomlin was kicking the 53 yard Field Goal in an indoor stadium and gamble the missed field goal. But he finally did the correct thing and it paid off.

You missed an "FU" to Pickens and his piss poor attitude. You're starting to see that with his amazing talent comes immaturity, attitude, and dare I say it...a bit of AB style drama coming out. But honestly...get him 8-10 targets a game, WTF is wrong with this coaching staff. ******* hell.

I give Tomlin A LOT of **** on here for his bad decisions, and there are MANY MANY bad decisions but the Asshat Earned a Game ball for his decision to punt it with under a minute left to force the game onto Mariotta's arm. I was 100% convinced Tomlin was kicking the 53 yard Field Goal in an indoor stadium and gamble the missed field goal. But he finally did the correct thing and it paid off.

You missed an "FU" to Pickens and his piss poor attitude. You're starting to see that with his amazing talent comes immaturity, attitude, and dare I say it...a bit of AB style drama coming out. But honestly...get him 8-10 targets a game, WTF is wrong with this coaching staff. ******* hell.
Agree that punting was the right choice, they didn't have time outs and couldn't run the ball, which is what makes their offense move

Most would probably say this was a good offensive performance but at the end of the day, the steelers still only scored 19 points vs a bad team.
They had another td on a pic 6, but the corner decided to not pour it on. Also, some scores were left on the field due to rookie-ness of KP8.

They had another td on a pic 6, but the corner decided to not pour it on.

That was odd. And I think Minkah picked it.

As soon as Mariota released the pass, I could see he had made a poor choice. CB had very good coverage on the receiver under, Minkah had him over the top, absolutely not open.

DJ also dropped a pass in stride across the middle that would have been a huge gain and put us in scoring position if he didn't score it himself. There was no one in front of him on the replay.

Watt didn't do his usual Watt things but I give him a game ball for putting on a chest/rib protector and getting out there and playing. He was in obvious pain the entire game. But, with him in the game, the D is different and we typically win. Without him this year on the field, we lose. So, he gets a game ball for throwing some dirt on it and getting out there to make enough of a difference to get us a W.

They had another td on a pic 6, but the corner decided to not pour it on. Also, some scores were left on the field due to rookie-ness of KP8.

As soon as Mariota released the pass, I could see he had made a poor choice. CB had very good coverage on the receiver under, Minkah had him over the top, absolutely not open.
If Minkah ran it in we'd be up by more than a TD but still kicking off and giving the Falcons the ball back and anything can happen.
What he did was the smart play. Less than a minute left, run out of bounds, take a knee, take the win.

If Minkah ran it in we'd be up by more than a TD but still kicking off and giving the Falcons the ball back and anything can happen.
What he did was the smart play. Less than a minute left, run out of bounds, take a knee, take the win.

I guess. But if you are up by 10 with about 35 seconds to play and opposition has no timeouts, I am pretty sure you can put that in the "W" column.

Yep. A couple teams have lost in the past five years when just kneeling down on the one wins the game… you never know unless you are up multiple scores without the time to run that many scoring plays

I guess. But if you are up by 10 with about 35 seconds to play and opposition has no timeouts, I am pretty sure you can put that in the "W" column.
Devil’s advocate… you score, miss the XP, kickoff to them… they run it back for a td then recover an onsides kick with like 20 some seconds on the clock… get one long pass play, kick a field goal and beat us…

Likely, no… but plausible

Devil’s advocate… you score, miss the XP, kickoff to them… they run it back for a td then recover an onsides kick with like 20 some seconds on the clock… get one long pass play, kick a field goal and beat us…

Perhaps a small meteor, about 2' in circumference, blasts through the roof of Mercedes Benz Stadium and lands at the exact spot where Minkah crosses into the endzone so his stepping out of bounds at the 5 saved his life.

Likely, no ... and about as plausible as the TD-missedXP-RunbackforTD-onsideskickrecovery-drivefor25yards-fieldgoal-defeat scenario.

Pittsburgh media seems to be very optimistic today. I’ll take the win, but what I saw was another unconvincing win over a bad team. If the Falcons realized earlier that they could run the ball, I’m not sure the Steelers win.

Pass to run ratio is still too high. How’s about when Najee is averaging 5 ypc, he gets 27 carries instead of 17?

Perhaps a small meteor, about 2' in circumference, blasts through the roof of Mercedes Benz Stadium and lands at the exact spot where Minkah crosses into the endzone so his stepping out of bounds at the 5 saved his life.

Likely, no ... and about as plausible as the TD-missedXP-RunbackforTD-onsideskickrecovery-drivefor25yards-fieldgoal-defeat scenario.
Tomlin made the correct call, Minkah made the smart play, 3...2...1...win

I remember an Eagles game where they were ahead by 1 point late in the game. Brian Westbrook breaks a run and has clear path to the endzone, he stops and lays down at the 1 yard line. Eagles go victory formation.

I remember an Eagles game where they were ahead by 1 point late in the game. Brian Westbrook breaks a run and has clear path to the endzone, he stops and lays down at the 1 yard line. Eagles go victory formation.

That would have put the Eagles up by 8, not 10. Also, game had something like a minute left. Down by 8 with a minute left, definite possibility of scoring, getting 2 point conversion and tying game.

Apples and oranges.

That would have put the Eagles up by 8, not 10. Also, game had something like a minute left. Down by 8 with a minute left, definite possibility of scoring, getting 2 point conversion and tying game.

Apples and oranges.
Both examples of a player choosing to take the win and run out the clock instead of adding to the lead. Apples and apples. Also, there’s always the chance someone gets injured in those final seconds.

Watt was nursing a rib injury nothing to do with his previous injury. That is Watt is slowing him.

This game just reinforced what I think is needed by draft or free agency.

A CB, a LT, a WR, a DT or DE. Then address ILber and SS. I am ok resigning Edmunds. I would be ok with Bush on a similar type deal Edmunds got. Sutton is my priority resign.

And a QB unless of course you think Pickett is the real deal. Oh we need a new Guard too, and running back although Harris has his best game of the year. We can certainly use more talent ILB and Safety.

And a QB unless of course you think Pickett is the real deal. Oh we need a new Guard too, and running back although Harris has his best game of the year. We can certainly use more talent ILB and Safety.
We won't be drafting a RB or QB high or mid range if at all. Maybe in the late round..

Good pressure + 50 seconds left and a whole field to go. Perfect storm

More safety? We need to keep who we have, not rookies .

Running back? Why the hell? All we need is an Oline to open holes for the RB already here.

CB we do need. ILB can be improved for sure

Harris for offense and Fitz for defense. Probably Harvin for Special Teams and that one great punt.

More safety? We need to keep who we have, not rookies .

Running back? Why the hell? All we need is an Oline to open holes for the RB already here.

CB we do need. ILB can be improved for sure
He watered it down here, his wish is to draft a RB in 1.