• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's...........week 13..............@ Atlanta

Perhaps a small meteor, about 2' in circumference, blasts through the roof of Mercedes Benz Stadium and lands at the exact spot where Minkah crosses into the endzone so his stepping out of bounds at the 5 saved his life.

Likely, no ... and about as plausible as the TD-missedXP-RunbackforTD-onsideskickrecovery-drivefor25yards-fieldgoal-defeat scenario.

But this is A'merica and anything is possible in America.

Salute the nation

I guess. But if you are up by 10 with about 35 seconds to play and opposition has no timeouts, I am pretty sure you can put that in the "W" column.
You're forgetting the Falcons' secret weapon....our ST coach Danny Smith.

We won't be drafting a RB or QB high or mid range if at all. Maybe in the late round..

I'm not so sure about that. Maybe in round one, two, or three

want to bet?
Cooch go ahead and bet Lito's a 30 day ban bet. I know chicken little won't for obvious reasons. (Like being clueless)

But it would be hilarious on so many levels.

want to bet?

Well we picked a QB in round one! I doubt we do that again, so no bets. Let's wait for the off -season to start and see our needs then. Slashvag**a can hardly wait!

Well we picked a QB in round one! I doubt we do that again, so no bets. Let's wait for the off -season to start and see our needs then. Slashvag**a can hardly wait!
the bet was on RB, no QB

I see several positions that we almost certainly will ignore with our top two round picks at least… QB, RB, TE, OLB, and probably a DE type dlinemen … though I could see a more NT like DT being selected in the second at least.

I think for the first… OL, particularly LT or LG is high on the list… though a stud C or RT might be a possibility…
CB, even though we suck at developing them, will be looked at as well… then you have a fairly big desire to upgrade at ILB that probably won’t be filled earlier than the second, but will be thought about … DL has some age and ufas, but leal and loudermilk are developing starters, and they have a ton of developmental guys in the system… solike I said, maybe an alualu type in the second or third

After that you can never dismiss this team’s obsession with WRs… so despite fans probably not wanting one, a first or second round wr is still a reasonable bet…
Safety is a wild card… two of our top 3 are ufas, and there are some good top two round options there, so who knows

But even if snell leaves via ufa, they probably look fourth or later to address RB barring great value dropping … and Muth, gentry and heyward are pretty much the te corps they want… OLB needs depth more than a starter so they probably wait to address that… and for a team to give up early on a qb there has to be giant red flags like work ethic or intelligence issues

You told him a RB early so now wait and see huh?

K chicken little aka *****.

Hi

I see several positions that we almost certainly will ignore with our top two round picks at least… QB, RB, TE, OLB, and probably a DE type dlinemen … though I could see a more NT like DT being selected in the second at least.

I think for the first… OL, particularly LT or LG is high on the list… though a stud C or RT might be a possibility…
CB, even though we suck at developing them, will be looked at as well… then you have a fairly big desire to upgrade at ILB that probably won’t be filled earlier than the second, but will be thought about … DL has some age and ufas, but leal and loudermilk are developing starters, and they have a ton of developmental guys in the system… solike I said, maybe an alualu type in the second or third

After that you can never dismiss this team’s obsession with WRs… so despite fans probably not wanting one, a first or second round wr is still a reasonable bet…
Safety is a wild card… two of our top 3 are ufas, and there are some good top two round options there, so who knows

But even if snell leaves via ufa, they probably look fourth or later to address RB barring great value dropping … and Muth, gentry and heyward are pretty much the te corps they want… OLB needs depth more than a starter so they probably wait to address that… and for a team to give up early on a qb there has to be giant red flags like work ethic or intelligence issues

Very solid post madinsomniac, thank you

I think that two of the first three need to be trench workers. LT is my top priority.

I also realize that value / player / need all play a role as well. We can't pass on OL, it needs a very high investment (two early rnd picks).

Salute the nation