• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's..........week 2 vs Browns.....

Anyone who doesn't think coaching can effect the execution of a young QB, just look at Trevor Lawrence, everyone was so down on him because he was supposed to be a can't miss prospect, even to the point where he was already being called a bust. They change from Urban Meyer to Doug Pederson and VOILA, a massive flip to his decision making and execution and suddenly the Jags are a dangerous team. If you think Kenny should be able to make a leap with the other team living in his lap throwing to nothing but 5 yard curls routes and flat routes I have a bridge to sell you. Kenny absolutely needs to improve his accuracy on some of his throws, but to pretend he's not playing with two arms tied behind his back as a herd of bulls run at him is beyond bias, it's downright hatred for Kenny being the pick last year. No QB has had success in this offense, and I doubt any other would either including Mahomes. The guy can't even ******* audible for crying out loud, 10 man box, stretch run called to their strong side defense, guess I have to snap the ball.......if I'm him I'd just start audibling and calling my own plays, make them bench me to see if they'll really side with Canada over their young QB

Wouldn't be the first time a OC caused issues with a QB. We know that exists from past QBs that had OC changes and then quickly improved.
I want to see his accuracy improve and improve quickly but I am also mindful that there is contributing circumstances.
Yes, yes there are.

Anyone who doesn't think coaching can effect the execution of a young QB, just look at Trevor Lawrence, everyone was so down on him because he was supposed to be a can't miss prospect, even to the point where he was already being called a bust. They change from Urban Meyer to Doug Pederson and VOILA, a massive flip to his decision making and execution and suddenly the Jags are a dangerous team. If you think Kenny should be able to make a leap with the other team living in his lap throwing to nothing but 5 yard curls routes and flat routes I have a bridge to sell you. Kenny absolutely needs to improve his accuracy on some of his throws, but to pretend he's not playing with two arms tied behind his back as a herd of bulls run at him is beyond bias, it's downright hatred for Kenny being the pick last year. No QB has had success in this offense, and I doubt any other would either including Mahomes. The guy can't even ******* audible for crying out loud, 10 man box, stretch run called to their strong side defense, guess I have to snap the ball.......if I'm him I'd just start audibling and calling my own plays, make them bench me to see if they'll really side with Canada over their young QB

Trevor Lawrence at home this last Sunday 22 of 41 for 216 yards 9.8 avg 0 td 0 int 4 sacks rating 68.8

The offense managed 3 field goals.

Trevor Lawrence at home this last Sunday 22 of 41 for 216 yards 9.8 avg 0 td 0 int 4 sacks rating 68.8

The offense managed 3 field goals.
So that one game discounts everything he did last year? Against a good KC unit with Chris Jones back, yeah guess what, good QBs struggle sometimes, it's happened to Mahomes and it's happened to Brady. What's your point? It doesn't negate anything I said. Mahomes sat for a whole year behind Alex Smith, guess he wasn't good enough to beat him out. The NFL fans now a days don't allow young players time to develop anymore, if they ain't coming in lighting the world on fire they're a bust, time to look elsewhere. That's what the browns did for years, I'd prefer to give a kid a chance to grow. **** it took Cam Heyward years before he became the dominant Cam we know and love, Troy's rookie season was not good, glad the Steelers didn't react as most fans do. If it was up to the lot of them they're cutting their losses half way through their rookie seasons. Our problem is an inept coaching staff, has been for a very long time

So that one game discounts everything he did last year? Against a good KC unit with Chris Jones back, yeah guess what, good QBs struggle sometimes, it's happened to Mahomes and it's happened to Brady. What's your point? It doesn't negate anything I said. Mahomes sat for a whole year behind Alex Smith, guess he wasn't good enough to beat him out. The NFL fans now a days don't allow young players time to develop anymore, if they ain't coming in lighting the world on fire they're a bust, time to look elsewhere. That's what the browns did for years, I'd prefer to give a kid a chance to grow. **** it took Cam Heyward years before he became the dominant Cam we know and love, Troy's rookie season was not good, glad the Steelers didn't react as most fans do. If it was up to the lot of them they're cutting their losses half way through their rookie seasons. Our problem is an inept coaching staff, has been for a very long time

I think he's OK. Nothing to write home about yet. That's coming from someone who lives just south of jagoffville. Most of the quarterbacks have looked like *** the first few weeks of this season.

I think he's OK. Nothing to write home about yet. That's coming from someone who lives just south of jagoffville. Most of the quarterbacks have looked like *** the first few weeks of this season.
That they certainly have.

The guy can't even ******* audible for crying out loud, 10 man box, stretch run called to their strong side defense, guess I have to snap the ball.......if I'm him I'd just start audibling and calling my own plays, make them bench me to see if they'll really side with Canada over their young QB

Kenny: "It's first and goal from the 2. What's the play, Canada?"
DUH: "Wildcat double reverse jet sweep with Washington taking the snap, handing off to Najeh, who gives to Austin. who gives to Freiermuth for the jet. Brilliant!"
Kenny: "Okaaaay ... guess we have to stick with it. What are you thinking 2nd and goal from the 12?"

Game Balls:
-TJ Watt and Alex Highsmith - This is why the Steelers paid their pass rushers. Such an impressive game.
-Harvin - Huge in the battle of field position.
-Boswell - The Steelers scratch and claw for every point on offense. He can't afford to miss.

Goats:
-Kenny Pickett - Come on man, play better.
-Offensive line - flat out sucked.
-Wallace/Peterson - We need much better. I'd rather see Porter struggle and gain experience than these guys struggle so much.

FUs:
-Matt Canada for being bad at his job.
-Mike Tomlin for employing Matt Canada and ruining all this young offensive talent before they even had a chance.

Game Balls:
-TJ Watt and Alex Highsmith - This is why the Steelers paid their pass rushers. Such an impressive game.
-Harvin - Huge in the battle of field position.
-Boswell - The Steelers scratch and claw for every point on offense. He can't afford to miss.

Goats:
-Kenny Pickett - Come on man, play better.
-Offensive line - flat out sucked.
-Wallace/Peterson - We need much better. I'd rather see Porter struggle and gain experience than these guys struggle so much.

FUs:
-Matt Canada for being bad at his job.
-Mike Tomlin for employing Matt Canada and ruining all this young offensive talent before they even had a chance.
I have to add Tomlin into the mix because he signs off on this **** show.

Quickly moving forward he needs to:

Put the O-line coach on blast, improvement is needed and quickly.

Get Benton and Peezy and Broderick more reps.

Go WR returner shopping 🛒. Cut Gunner.

Start looking for Canada and O-line coach replacements.

Sit down with film study and look at what works for the better teams, and eliminate what clearly doesn't work for the Steelers. This goes for the offense and defense, schematically there is some deficiencies on both sides of the ball.

This team is notorious for sitting on their hands and thinking things will improve with just better play. But it is that and schematics and some fundamental football the lack there of. They need to wake the **** up and start tweaking this team.

Sit down with film study and look at what works for the better teams, and eliminate what clearly doesn't work for the Steelers. This goes for the offense and defense, schematically there is some deficiencies on both sides of the ball.

This team is notorious for sitting on their hands and thinking things will improve with just better play. But it is that and schematics and some fundamental football the lack there of. They need to wake the **** up and start tweaking this team.
Yeah, I just keep hearing we need to execute better from Tomlin and the guys after a loss. You can execute **** play calling all you want and it's still ****.

Yeah, I just keep hearing we need to execute better from Tomlin and the guys after a loss. You can execute **** play calling all you want and it's still ****.
Dan Bylsma’s answer to every issue was “ we need to get to our game” in the end, the real answer was that they needed a new game with a different coach …

I think Pickett will be fine once Canada is gone. He has played against two top-five defenses in the first two weeks. He is also hamstrung by an OC who won't let him audible on the line and has a game plan most high school coaches wouldn't run. His accuracy has been off but with proper protection that will improve. The OC and DC have no business coaching on this level of football.
Unfortunately, I respectfully, at this time, disagree.

I've watched the game twice now. Kenny missed Muth at least 4 times on wide open routes when he chose to go to deeper routes. He only connected on one of those decisions...

Is he sucking because of our OBVIOUSLY terrible OTs??? 💯 % yes!!!

Cmon Coach Tomlin - make the change. And...

FIRE COACH CANADA!!!

What's Bryon Leftwich doing??? If the Vegas game is a **** show - I'd leave Coach Canada there in front of the penny slot machines and have Byron on the plane going home...

What's Bryon Leftwich doing??? If the Vegas game is a **** show - I'd leave Coach Canada there in front of the penny slot machines and have Byron on the plane going home...
Definitely. I mean the whole premise of keeping Canada was to help Kenny with continuity. Well now that he is peddling backward that whole train of thought just doesn't make sense. It is obvious time to cut the cord.

Definitely. I mean the whole premise of keeping Canada was to help Kenny with continuity. Well now that he is peddling backward that whole train of thought just doesn't make sense. It is obvious time to cut the cord.

It was, or so they said. Early on, Kenny looked like he could shake of some of the stupidity of Canada and it wouldn't bother him much. I'm seeing regression at this point in time as many on here have said. I don't know if it Kenny alone, or he's just been subjected time and time again to something he doesn't trust anymore. I don't think a different OC could be a negative right now.

We are currently the window lickers on O… such concepts confound us…

When we do layer routes, the D knows the underneath one is always a decoy so they ignore it
That, or the defense has 38 players within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage since the Steelers haven't thrown past that for 3 years ..

Definitely. I mean the whole premise of keeping Canada was to help Kenny with continuity.
Seriously? Do they not realise that if quarter way through filling a bucket, they find out they're filling it with ****, if they keep filling it with ****, because continuity, all that happens is they end up with a full bucket of ****.

wheres the cookbook!?
I want to be clear here...
I ****** up.
I didn't get things organized properly, never got the cookbook off the ground and have now lost all your recipes.

C'mon Man!
😉