• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's.............week 3 vs Chargers....

Props to Trog listing the details and not the stats. Ask those LBs and DBs who were shying away from the contact late in the game, how impressive Harris was. We haven’t had a back like this since Bettis. Bell was more athletic and explosive, but Najee has a punishing style reminiscent of the Bus.
I do get why 448 feels as he does. He wants to see longer runs. Just not Najee’s style. I do want to see game in and out fire coming from him knowing his yards come partially from his physical style of running.

From training camp I do know this guy puts in the extra work I saw it first hand. Bettis is a good example reminds me of him somewhat. Maybe Bettis light. I think he does fit what they are trying to do on offense play ball control wear the D out.

Shout out to the defensive line, and specifically Cam Heyward. He played a solid game, recorded 3 solo tackles and 2 TFLs, and was on the field for 74% of the defensive snaps. Cam has returned to being the main cog in the DL rotation, along with Ogunjobi (70%) and Benton (57%). Props also to Loudermilk, who put up 2 solo tackles in only 9 snaps (20%). I thought Heyward was done after his abysmal performance last season, but he is healthy again and has proven me very wrong thus far. Great to see.

Regarding the penalties, it certainly was refreshing to watch the other team committing stupid personal foul penalties instead of the Steelers. But those two illegal formation calls were just inexcusable. It's Football 101 that you need to have 7 guys on the line of scrimmage -- how can they get it wrong twice in the same quarter? Somebody (namely the coaches or Fields) has to recognize that before it happens. Otherwise, great job with the only other foul being a rarely-called "delay of game" on Benton.

Perhaps Fields is starting to make believers out of some of his skeptics. He has a 91.9 or higher passer rating in all three games as a Steeler, and a string of five such performances going back to last season. They point out his poor record as a starter, yet he's now 7-2 in his last nine games. Yes, the Steelers only put up 20 on the scoreboard yesterday, but it was about to be 27 if the game wasn't already won, and done so without the benefit of any Chargers turnovers. Fields is building confidence with the coaches, and vice-versa. I hope Tomlin sticks with him even if/when Russ becomes available.

Nice write up Chico. Obviously the D is top notch, but I really liked what I saw in the O yesterday except for the formation penalties. Hopefully the team can stay healthy.

Also, I don't think I've ever seen DuPree move like he did yesterday.

The same medical professionals that let Tua get nearly knocked out of the NFL? Tomlins trademark has always been run 1 RB til the wheels fall off. Been that way until Warren proved his worth. This year with Warren being banged up preseason Tomlin should have let him get healthy, It's 100% on Tomlin
You guys are ******* hilarious. Pro Warren guys are screaming at me week 1 because Tomlin only let Waren get 4 touches. Same thing week 2 when he gets 11 touches. Now Tomlin sees Warren doesn't look right. He's not injured, and Tomlin takes him out, and you all lose your ******* minds because you don't understand working a player back in slowly, which is exactly what Tomlin is doing.

Not from your post BB, but Troy was hurt in practice. Not a game.

I was very impressed with all 36 yards Najee had at one point. He churned and earned each and every yard he received. I said it's tough to say a RB under 40yds was having a good game, but Najee was doing the dirty work. Dude is a powerful back and he's due to have a 150+ rushing game soon.

You guys are ******* hilarious. Pro Warren guys are screaming at me week 1 because Tomlin only let Waren get 4 touches. Same thing week 2 when he gets 11 touches. Now Tomlin sees Warren doesn't look right. He's not injured, and Tomlin takes him out, and you all lose your ******* minds because you don't understand working a player back in slowly, which is exactly what Tomlin is doing.

Not from your post BB, but Troy was hurt in practice. Not a game.

I was very impressed with all 36 yards Najee had at one point. He churned and earned each and every yard he received. I said it's tough to say a RB under 40yds was having a good game, but Najee was doing the dirty work. Dude is a powerful back and he's due to have a 150+ rushing game soon.
Najee had a solid game yesterday 100%. I have been saying all year Rest Warren until he's 100% healthy. He has not looked right since preseason prior to the injury. Tomlin brought him back too soon, now he needs an MRI. and Najee has an arm in a sling.
Not ideal

The same medical professionals that let Tua get nearly knocked out of the NFL? Tomlins trademark has always been run 1 RB til the wheels fall off. Been that way until Warren proved his worth. This year with Warren being banged up preseason Tomlin should have let him get healthy, It's 100% on Tomlin

Lord….Tomlin said that about Willie Parker and or Bell. Both were injured IN GAME. Willie broke his leg late during the 2007(?) season and the following year there were questions if his leg was ready, hence the drafting of a 1st round RB and bringing in Mewelde Moore. How was coaching the reason for the broken leg? Parker did return and started the first 3 or 4 games and was playing well, then suffered a knee injury which kick started Mendenhall’s run which lasted one start as he suffered a fractured shoulder. Willie’s seemed to recover but had a Lisfranc or turf type injury and probably was the reason his career was cut short.

Bell’s was the ACL tear in 2015 by asshat Burfict purposely elbowing the knee out of bounds on the tackle. He came back the next two years with 1200 yards and an All-Pro selection. Unfortunately, he started listening to his entourage and never played a down for PIT again. Bell followed up his torn ACL short year with two pro-bowl/All-Pro seasons. Coaching caused the ACL injury, but Bell had two great seasons afterwards? What planet is that logic from?

He was cleared to play by MIA’s medical staff AND the NFL’s Independent Neurologist after each concussion. The league watches concussion cases VERY closely now because of the retired players lawsuit and the heightened concerns in general. Personally, Tua should have a second/third opinion from his own personal independent neurologist, which I’m sure he has. But it’s Tua’s decision to listen to his doctor, which highly competitive athletes sometimes ignore.

I agree 100%. There's still times I wish Najee would just ram it into the line though instead of heading east west when there's nothing there.
I love Najee's running but he does need to ram it in there sometimes and take the yard or two instead of losing a yard. There was one play in the last game, he left where he was supposed to be heading and went east-west. If he would have rammed it in there, he would have ended up with that yard or two instead of losing a yard or two. It doesn't sound like much but he does have the twitch to make that bounce to the east and west work.

Lord….Tomlin said that about Willie Parker and or Bell. Both were injured IN GAME. Willie broke his leg late during the 2007(?) season and the following year there were questions if his leg was ready, hence the drafting of a 1st round RB and bringing in Mewelde Moore. How was coaching the reason for the broken leg? Parker did return and started the first 3 or 4 games and was playing well, then suffered a knee injury which kick started Mendenhall’s run which lasted one start as he suffered a fractured shoulder. Willie’s seemed to recover but had a Lisfranc or turf type injury and probably was the reason his career was cut short.

Bell’s was the ACL tear in 2015 by asshat Burfict purposely elbowing the knee out of bounds on the tackle. He came back the next two years with 1200 yards and an All-Pro selection. Unfortunately, he started listening to his entourage and never played a down for PIT again. Bell followed up his torn ACL short year with two pro-bowl/All-Pro seasons. Coaching caused the ACL injury, but Bell had two great seasons afterwards? What planet is that logic from?
That's all well and good. That has zero to do with the FACT that Tomlin sent Warren and Fautanu out on the field with injuries, which were compounded. Now troy is on IR and Warren is getting an MRI.

That's all well and good. That has zero to do with the FACT that Tomlin sent Warren and Fautanu out on the field with injuries, which were compounded. Now troy is on IR and Warren is getting an MRI.
Fautanu was healthy all week and injured himself in Friday's practice.

Also check out Warrens snap counts this season to see how a team trys to safely work someone back from injury.

Seriously you Tomlin haters are just making up reasons now...

Football is a contact sport. Injuries happen. We're not putting players on the field with ligament damage or concussions like other teams used to do. See RG3s & Tua's career...

Fautanu was healthy all week and injured himself in Friday's practice.

Also check out Warrens snap counts this season to see how a team trys to safely work someone back from injury.

Seriously you Tomlin haters are just making up reasons now...

Football is a contact sport. Injuries happen. We're not putting players on the field with ligament damage or concussions like other teams used to do. See RG3s & Tua's career...
Making up facts huh? Two guys are going to be out much longer than needed because an incompetent coach does not see the value in letting guys get healthy?
OK

Making up facts huh? Two guys are going to be out much longer than needed because an incompetent coach does not see the value in letting guys get healthy?
OK
Love the projection here! Tell me I'm making up facts without citing what I've made up. Kudos!

Hey troll, guess what? Warren didn't reinjure his hammy. New injury.

Keep making up stories if it makes you feel better, but you can't piss on my leg and tell me its raining...

Doesn't see the value in letting guys get healthy. Yeah, Russel Wilson says Hi LOLZ...

I love Najee's running but he does need to ram it in there sometimes and take the yard or two instead of losing a yard. There was one play in the last game, he left where he was supposed to be heading and went east-west. If he would have rammed it in there, he would have ended up with that yard or two instead of losing a yard or two. It doesn't sound like much but he does have the twitch to make that bounce to the east and west work.
Then again, one of his best runs of the game was a sure loss in the 4th quarter I believe and he was able to get back to the line.

Love the projection here! Tell me I'm making up facts without citing what I've made up. Kudos!

Keep making up stories if it makes you feel better, but you can't piss on my leg and tell me its raining...

Doesn't see the value in letting guys get healthy. Yeah, Russel Wilson says Hi LOLZ...
Warren has been banged up all season.

Chico is the man because he’s the only one to bring up Boz. Quietly ihis way to be the best Steeler kicker ever (yes even Anderson).
Somewhere in America a paper towel dispenser has been mangled to death by Jeff Reed upon reading your comment.

So Warren now has multiple injuries, unless you believe a new injury heals an existing one?
What about Troy? Hurt in practice days before the game, played him anyway. now off to IR.
Don't get me started on Russell Wilson, Tomlin is the only clown that would have a QB doing sled drills in training camp.