• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's..........week @...........Eagles....

Game ball..Warren gives his all each play.
half ball Claypoole made some effort plays, his bush league action at end of game when Kenny was picked off and the Eagle player gave himself up Claypoole goes over and bushes his leg against the guy and rubs foot a crossed his chest, uncalled for, showed where our players are at.

Goats Fitzpatrick terrible effort all day. Then has a selfie with Hurts trading jerseys on the field after having you *** handed to you.
O line they all should pack their bags.
This team as a whole shows no desire, no get up and go, no physical play, none of the type play of a good team, which we all see we are not. Players after game are now pointing, fingers with their comment to the press. I guess they can all go bowling and bond on the bye week.
FU's
Canada about gives himself a concussion jumping up like some high school coach because he gets a TD on a gadget play, not to score anymore.
Tomlin admits he has no answers, his five-dollar words did nothing at the post game as he continues to say we and never me or I.
Tomlin once more yells at kicker just signed and gave you 6 of 13 points for a bad kick yet nothing to high paid safety missing tackles and giving up 14 of the first 21 points.
Coaching staff that cannot teach the basics of football

If you can't teach the basics you shouldn't be coaching.

I miss Ben circa 2014-2017 more. But I miss Ben from last year also
Ok but what I'm saying is let's have enough to win 9 games is the foundation of this problem and the biggest hurdle to overcome. I realize this is a nut punch to watch and I like everyone else enjoys the "idea" of playoff contention. But when they got on that field with KC in the playoffs did you believe they were contending.

Last edited:
Tomlin said years ago that players coming to the NFL should not have to be taught how to play their position and it's not his job to do it. (n)
Yeah that pretty much sums it up now doesn't it. It's not like I'm expecting him to coach basic fundamentals. But every wrung on the ladder requires a tweak. High school to college.... college to pro. Little things that give you an advantage over these guys not what got you past guys working in insurance now.

Ok but what I'm saying is let's have enough to win 9 games is the foundation of this problem and the biggest hurdle to overcome. I realize this us a nut punch to watch and I like everyone else enjoys the "idea" of playoff contention. But when they got on that field with KC in the playoffs did you believe they were contending.
the 1st half yes.

I agree 100% when it comes to being focused on Championships not a non losing season. that has never been a thing

If you can't teach the basics you shouldn't be coaching.
If you need to be taught the basics maybe you don't belong in the NFL. IJS.

the 1st half yes.

I agree 100% when it comes to being focused on Championships not a non losing season. that has never been a thing
Watt scooped and scored they took a 7 point lead. After that I never for a moment believed the Sreelers really belonged on that field. They back doored it in and they were basically a .500 team.

Watt scooped and scored they took a 7 point lead. After that I never for a moment believed the Sreelers really belonged on that field. They back doored it in and they were basically a .500 team.
But they were on the field. when most teams sat at home. If they are on the field they have a chance

That is the mentality which has kept Tomlin HC of this team 6 or more years past his shelf life. Sorry.
Thinking we have a chance in every game is probably close to the definition of being a fan. sorry.

No they are worse than a .500 team. This team is who their record says they are. A bottom tier trainwreck of a team. Metallica says sad but true.

Thinking we have a chance in every game is probably close to the definition of being a fan. sorry.
Yeah but it's pretty naive too. There is a big difference between hope and belief. I hoped they could compete today. Did not believe it and looking at players that is pretty much where they are at too. The best thing this team needs and you gotta hope for now is culture change.

Yeah but it's pretty naive too. There is a big difference between hope and belief. I hoped they could compete today. Did not believe it and looking at players that is pretty much where they are at too. The best thing this team needs and you gotta hope for now is culture change.
agreed

Just look at their DLine, javon hargrave, Jordan davis and fletcher cox. That's investing in dominating you opponent. This team became fancy pancy before physically dominant and that started with tomlin

Just look at their DLine, javon hargrave, Jordan davis and fletcher cox. That's investing in dominating you opponent. This team became fancy pancy before physically dominant and that started with tomlin

Yep. And Tomlin is not going to change at this point. He thinks "splash plays" are produced by great WR's and RB's.

Yeah, kinda. But mainly they are produced by the big uglies, where the DL stuffs the run, a legit #1 CB shuts down the opposition's #1 WR, and the OL protects the franchise QB so he can deliver a pass to the WR.

I'm not ready to go there just yet, he's a rookie that maybe trying to do too much with this abysmal o-line and tragically comic offensive scheme.
The kid has heart, correct the other two and your opinion may change.
Did anyone think Jalen would ever be playing like this? Or hell Geno Smith. Give Pickett some time.Don’t treat him the way we treated Mason.

Guess I'll go get some whiskey in the jar to pass it all
Might as well as we are stuck in the day that never comes.