• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls, Game Goats & FU's..........week @...........Eagles....

I knew our Steelers had no chance in this one and that proved to be the case from the get go as soon as Philly got the ball on their first drive with AJ Brown catching his first of 3 TD's on the day. Pittsburgh hasn't won in Philly since 1965....were talking 57 friggin years (9-29-2 - Overall Record @ Philly), that has to be some kind of record although we actually have a worse overall win/loss record in Chicago vs the Bears (1-12 Overall Record @ Chicago). Alot of penalties in this game for our Steelers but IMO they never had a chance in this one and the Penalties if they never happened wouldn't have changed the outcome of this game....sorry. The offense continues to sputter averaging just 5.0 YPA passing the football but I don't blame Kenny Pickett. This is a Matt Canada issue and only Matt Canada......He should be FIRED immediately as this offense is averaging 14.1 PPG the worst in the NFL right now. One of the few bright spots I saw today in the game was the play and effort of Jaylen Warren. This kid IMO deserves to be the starting running back for the Steelers. I don't know what's up with Najee Harris but the one play that will stick in my mind today was 3rd & 4 in the 3rd Quarter.....Pickett hits him out of the backfield and he started dancing trying to juke out Defenders trying to tackle him instead of just running 2 yds to gain the first down. Someone needs to remind Najee Harris he's a 240lb RB and not Barry Sanders out there. If he just turned it upfield it was an easy first down. His decision making on his runs and after the catch are really awful. I mean you saw today what you have in Jaylen Warren and the kid gave great effort and made plays out there in his time in the game. No receptions today by George Pickens is something I hate seeing this kid is just too talented to have a stat line of no catches. Pickett had some moments out there today but I still stand firm on the fact that you can't evaluate any Steelers QB with Matt Canada and his offensive game plan.

Defensively this team was terrible in the secondary as AJ Brown torched them today for 3 TD's. Akhello Withspoon was burnt twice badly. I think today we saw the ceiling that Witherspoon gives us and it's not a very high one. He is not a #1 DB who can take on any other teams #1 WR. The Steelers need a shut down CB like Rod Woodson....they are terrible in the secondary when the Steelers can't generate a good pass rush up front which is something we've seen alot since TJ Watt went down. Not much else Defensively to talk about but I'll say this....I'm not a fan of Terryl Austin.....I think he needs to go right out the door with Matt Canada. Let them give the DC job to Brian Flores and see what he can do.

Heading into the BYE week our Steelers sit at a dismal 2-6 with not many positive things to say when it comes to this season. I'm looking for small things in game that this team can build upon for 2023 but so far I've really not seen much the first 8 weeks. I still like Kenny Pickett I think the kid will continue to improve. Going forward I'd like to see Mark Robinson #93-LB get some play time out there on the field. The Steelers would be smart to see if he can contribute on Defense because at the end of the season they will have decisions to make on Devin Bush & Robert Spillane. I'd also like to see more Jaylen Warren out there I'm really starting to this he's our better option at running back.

I know I'm not alone each and every week watching this 2022 Steelers team but the struggle is real when it comes to watching this team week in, week out. The offense continues to try and throw outside the numbers on offense and it's so frustrating knowing that they never use the middle of the football field when they throw the football. I don't know if anyone is keeping track but through 8 games the Pittsburgh Steelers haven't thrown 1 slant pass all season. Bill Walsh must be rolling over in his grave watching this Steelers offense. 9 more games left in the 2022 season and I'll be watching each and every game but this team will be lucky if we win 3 more games. Is it too early to start looking at the 2023 NFL Draft?

Per Tomlin's Post Game:
James Pierre - Foot injury that's being evaluated

Game Balls:
Jaylen Warren - This kid should be our starting RB.
Chase Claypool - Good effort today and he had a TD pass to DJ Watt

Game Goats:
Najee Harris - Someone needs to remind him he's a 240 lb NFL RB......I've never seen a guy his size dance around instead of running straight ahead....he's a battering ram, not a finesse guy.
Minkah Fitzpatrick - He had a rough game today and got burnt by AJ Brown several times today...one of his worst games as a Steeler
O-line - Pickett was harassed all day and took some really brutal hits.....O-line gave up 6 sacks today....they've got to be better and provide better protection for the Rookie QB.
Akhello Witherspoon - clearly outmatched vs AJ Brown today....gave up 2 long TD's....He is not a #1 DB who can matchup against any #1 WR. We need a shutdown CB in 2023.

FU's:
Matt Canada - This ******* guy is complete garbage. His offense has put up 14.1 PPG this season and the game plan to throw 80% of the passes outside the number is just Insanity! 8 Games this season and we haven't seen 1 slant! NOT 1 ******* SLANT! **** YOU MATT CANADA...YOU SHOULD BE FIRED IMMEDIATELY!
Mike Tomlin - Until he can prove us wrong Terry Bradshaw is 100% correct when it comes to Tomlin. He's not a good coach! He's responsible for the 2 **** *** Asssistant Coaches in Terryl Austin & Matt Canada....both those guys don't belong on this team! Tomlin can start to fix this problem this week by Terminating Matt Canada! Cmon Tomlin step up and do your job!

Pretty dang good write up, thanks, thanks chicoman

Might put a good job to the new place kicker, unless I missed something he did pretty good (I didn't see the 3rd qqurter)

I wasn't happy with Najee either, he tried to hurddle a DB at one point, ****-ing plow that DB over and make him wish someone else was tackling yaz. Dancing feet don't cut it for a starting RB with size. "we didn't draft you for your fleet feet kidO"

Salute the nation

If there are big uglies available and worthy of the high picks this team will have get them in round 1,2,3. If not trade down and get more of them a little later. No quick fix sexy picks. Oline, Oline ILB.
I swear I must be the only one on this board that throws a CB in this discussion. 2 out of the top 3 should be OLine and
CB should be definitely be one of the first two picks. We get torn apart as soon as any descent QB goes against us. Last 3 playoff games 40 plus against us each game. Today......throwing at will. Josh Allan,throwing at will. It’s ******* ridiculous. I’ve been saying this for years now. Instead we sign bargain basement CB’s. Yep. That’s really worked.
And we can’t even blame Canada for this.

Did anyone think Jalen would ever be playing like this? Or hell Geno Smith. Give Pickett some time.Don’t treat him the way we treated Mason.

No he played like ***. This is year 3 for him. They actually have built a solid team and have excellent coaching all around.

I swear I must be the only one on this board that throws a CB in this discussion. 2 out of the top 3 should be OLine and
CB should be definitely be one of the first two picks. We get torn apart as soon as any descent QB goes against us. Last 3 playoff games 40 plus against us each game. Today......throwing at will. Josh Allan,throwing at will. It’s ******* ridiculous. I’ve been saying this for years now. Instead we sign bargain basement CB’s. Yep. That’s really worked.

Team pretty much needs a full rebuild. The top priority should be the lines since they've been neglected the longest. That's at least a starting point.

Steelers fans couldn’t wait to get Ben off the field. Man, I miss that guy.
At least we won't have to miss another embarrassing early playoff exit.

Tomlin does speak the language of the mad. Especially at press conferences.

I could never figure out his reasoning for "putting the pudding back in the box" ?

Salute the nation

Minkah had one of his poorest games as a Steeler. Thought for sure he was going to intercept that pop-fly touchdown pass that started the scoring for the Eagles. Probably didn't change the outcome, but that would have lifted up the team significantly early in the game.

Najee up the middle for 0-2 yards on first down. Can't get enough of it.

Tomlin continues his in-game follies, as per usual. He clearly should have challenged the Pickens incompletion. 21 yards, momentum, the play happened right along the Steelers' own sideline. Throw the flag there...what is he saving it for? Then he elects to kick a field goal, down by 18 points late in the third quarter, after the Eagles have scored 4 touchdowns and only punted twice. On a 4th-and-4 from the 11-yard line. Are you kidding me? Does this clown have ANY concept of game flow?

The team as a whole looked like it was just going through the motions, like they thought from the start that they had no chance. No fight, little emotion, and less hope. Maybe TJ will bring a spark when he comes back after the bye, but I wouldn't count on it.

I could never figure out his reasoning for "putting the pudding back in the box" ?

Salute the nation
Similar to putting the toothpaste back in the tube. If you will.

you could almost say Tomlin is the master of puppets
He's twisted my mind and smashed some of my dreams on more than one occasion, that's for sure.

I'm not ready to go there just yet, he's a rookie that maybe trying to do too much with this abysmal o-line and tragically comic offensive scheme.
The kid has heart, correct the other two and your opinion may change.
he played poorly again

for this game he was a goat

his mega fans here preached the whole time Mitch was playing that Kenny was game ready based on his age

he is not

Yes canada's offense sucks and his schemes are trash

but Kenny still played poorly

The int at the end was a good choice, but could have been a bit higher. The player that tipped the ball made an incredibly good play. If that ball wasn’t tipped it was a TD.

Corners are back fill. This team needs to dominate the LOS again.

he played poorly again

for this game he was a goat

his mega fans here preached the whole time Mitch was playing that Kenny was game ready based on his age

he is not

Yes canada's offense sucks and his schemes are trash

but Kenny still played poorly
Impossible to evaluate. Cannot run at all and route concepts are silly. He didn't have many real mistakes till they clearly were out. I agree with Cowher they are mismanaging but I think he shows sone stuff.

Corners are back fill. This team needs to dominate the LOS again.
That’s absolutely ******* ridiculous. Back fill.
We get smoked game in game out. Embarrassed. As I said 2 out of the first 3 picks on the line. You think a young shutdown corner isn’t important? Lord.

That’s absolutely ******* ridiculous. Back fill.
We get smoked game in game out. Embarrassed. As I said 2 out of the first 3 picks on the line. You think a young shutdown corner isn’t important? Lord.
The further you get from the middle the less important it gets. Part of the reason these corners look less impressive is there is zero push from the dline.