• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Day Menu

I was back in NY with family a couple weeks ago. This was the gameday menu....courtesy of my Brother In-Law...maniac deer hunter, lol. Started the day of with bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers. Then we had some Venison tartar (killed that morning!!!) with crostini and a fresh egg yolk from his coop atop the tartar...insane. Continued with lobster, crab and rare filet. To top it off...a couple hours later we had the rest of the back strap of that lovely doe seared lightly. Best red meat I've ever eaten in my life.

Not sure what we're going with this weekend. Might just grill some filets and pommes frites.

I was back in NY with family a couple weeks ago. This was the gameday menu....courtesy of my Brother In-Law...maniac deer hunter, lol. Started the day of with bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers. Then we had some Venison tartar (killed that morning!!!) with crostini and a fresh egg yolk from his coop atop the tartar...insane. Continued with lobster, crab and rare filet. To top it off...a couple hours later we had the rest of the back strap of that lovely doe seared lightly. Best red meat I've ever eaten in my life.

Not sure what we're going with this weekend. Might just grill some filets and pommes frites.
I think I will start calling you the Hungarian Barbarian after that menu description

I always do a dinner based on our opponents geograph.
So Sunday I am starting a smoked pork roast Saturday night in our smoker kc style.
Sunday by 5 pm ish should be finger tear apart tender.
Sides will be frozen from the summer garden. Probs Brussels sprouts and green beans

Steeler Chili with some jalapeno cornbread.

Probably will throw a couple precooked frozen wings on the grill at half for good luck.

Really glad I don't have to go to work the next day...