• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Gasoline cost highest EVER. Wonder why, wonder why ...

Sadly, I don't think it's ever coming back. If Republicans don't gain control of both houses of congress and actually DO SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE, I'm certain it's not coming back. You'll be driving electric, if you're one of the fortunate few allowed to own a vehicle.
Here's hoping they do gain control of both houses and have the intestinal fortitude to actually address the craziness of the last 17 months.

I hesitated doing this, like looking at my retirement $, but my annual budget for fuel is now $4,000, 2 years ago it was $1,250, and that 3 month, federal tax holiday will
save me all of $30.

We used to be energy independent under Trump. Now with Biden we are not . He shut down pipelines and prevents drilling on federal lands. This raises the price of gas and the cost to transport it. And he's playing nice with nations like Iran and Venezuela. Gee let the radical Iran get nuclear weapons ( crazy thought, they hate us by the way ) and give USA $$$ to a corrupt nation like Venezuela. Please do not do this. Talking to the the Saudi's is different and complicated because they are USA business partners.

We used to be energy independent under Trump. Now with Biden we are not . He shut down pipelines and prevents drilling on federal lands. This raises the price of gas and the cost to transport it. And he's playing nice with nations like Iran and Venezuela. Gee let the radical Iran get nuclear weapons ( crazy thought, they hate us by the way ) and give USA $$$ to a corrupt nation like Venezuela. Please do not do this. Talking to the the Saudi's is different and complicated because they are USA business partners.
Coach, we have never been energy independent. We became a net exporter, but we still always imported oil. Could the US be energy independent? Absolutely, but we would have to ramp up drilling, and especially refining. But no, the US was not energy independent under Trump.

It is kinda strange that the US has huge energy stores in coal and oil and is happily developing policies to reject that natural strategic advantage to "feel better" about more expensive, less efficient "clean" energy.

In the past two generations, no one has been able to handle coal emissions technology evolution, but lithium mining and refinement--and end of life battery disposal--is ok? This is a dystopian joke, costing the US its natural lead in global resource exploitation for the benefit of her people.

Wake up.

Remember when the Mayor of Maralago succeeded in getting OPEC to slash oil production in 2020 because gas prices were too low? That was awesome

Can anyone tell me when the last oil refinery was constructed in the USA?

"as long as it takes"

June 30, 2022 at 9:30 AM EDTUpdated onJune 30, 2022 at 10:08 AM EDT

US President Joe Biden said Americans will have to stomach high gas prices “as long as it takes” to beat back Russian President Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine.
“As long as it takes, so Russia cannot in fact defeat Ukraine and move beyond Ukraine,” Biden told reporters Thursday in Madrid, in response to a question about how long high gas prices might persist. His comments echoes those of U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson, his closest geopolitical ally and one who is facing similar pressures back home about the cost-of-living crisis.

"as long as it takes"

US President Joe Biden said Americans will have to stomach high gas prices “as long as it takes” to beat back Russian President Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine.
“As long as it takes, so Russia cannot in fact defeat Ukraine and move beyond Ukraine,” Biden told reporters Thursday in Madrid, in response to a question about how long high gas prices might persist. His comments echoes those of U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson, his closest geopolitical ally and one who is facing similar pressures back home about the cost-of-living crisis.

Mother ****** Russia doesn't have a damn thing to do with it you lying piece of ****. Try going back to the **** you did the first few weeks in office. All of this is 100% on you and your ******* handlers.

What I would really love to see is more politicians and media blowing him out of the water over this ****.

And really love to see politicians given truth serum and interrogated live on tv.

Bet we'd learn a lot. Probably have to jail and impeach many/most of them.

The owner of the livery service we use to pick up our deceased folks has a fleet of vans and told me that a year ago his monthly fuel cost was about $6000 and now it’s $11,000. When Burgundy’s contract is renewed there will be a fuel surcharge added. Which means Burgundy’s funeral home will have to charge YOU more.
A friend of mine who is Superintendent of Howard Franklin bridge project just had to tell a 14-year employee (who had his cost of fuel covered for his 4-hour daily commute) that the company could no longer cover his fuel costs & had to make other arrangements or be released.

14 years they have compensated him for driving to sites all over Florida but less than 3 months into this one, it’s already a budget issue.

Just one example of many that the gross incompetence of this administration, which they announced they would do, has repeatedly screwed us up with their ridiculous “green” policies

"as long as it takes"

Why is everything Russia’s fault?

I remember Barry O saying how Russia laughed off Russia being any kind of threat.

So with all this inflation, gas prices and all the other bs…..did the price of hookers go up too? Asking for a friend.
They are getting getting squeezed out by OnlyFans since Johns can’t afford to leave the house

It's not just that, but they rightly figure that even if the Republicans win massively in November they won't have the stones to reverse what the Democrats have done.
There are a few in the House, in the Senate only Ted Cruz and Rand Paul have any balls.
Hard to say this because just getting the House & Senate majority back doesn’t necessarily mean they will have enough to get the 2/3rds of both to overcome a vetoed bill into law