• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Gay bars ban Yuengling after endorses Trump

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
http://www.theblaze.com/news/2016/10/31/gay-bars-ban-yuengling-after-brewery-owner-endorses-trump/

More than a dozen drinking establishments have stopped stocking Yuengling lager after the owner of the Pennsylvania brewery declared his support for Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump last week.

Richard Yuengling Jr. publicly endorsed the billionaire businessman’s presidential bid, and Trump’s son Eric Trump visited “America’s Oldest Brewery” in Pottsvile, Pennsylvania, to tout Yuengling’s support.

I always liked Yuengling and will support it even more now.

Definitely will pick it over that stupid flip another man's meat crap beer.

My go-to beer if I'm in a place with no selection of quality craft beers.
What doesn't make sense is that Trump is the candidate who wants to limit immigration of people belonging to a certain religion that believes in executing gay people while Hildebeast wants to let 580% more of them into the country (see Orlando, FL).

What doesn't make sense is that Trump is the candidate who wants to limit immigration of people belonging to a certain religion that believes in executing gay people while Hildebeast wants to let 580% more of them into the country (see Orlando, FL).

You are basically quoting the awesomeness known as Milo.

12 bars...wow, that'll really make a dent, lol.

Hildebeast=Liberal, so it doesn't matter what she does behind the scenes and what her foundation supports. She's liberal, dammit!!!

Not too many places will you see the owner of a company driving a tow motor around. When I was at the tour a few years ago Dick Yuengling was driving that tow motor around and came over and talked with us just like one of the guys. Great guy.

They used to do the tour with unlimited drinks afterwards. But the guys would come out of work and go there for a "tour" and get a load on for free, so they had to cut it down to 2 beers.

I'd support them if I drank beer. How crazy are the owners of those 12 bars to take such a stand.

Yuengling makes ice cream too. I've seen it in local stores and Walmart. It's very good, particularly their Black and Tan Ice Cream which is half Chocolate and half Salted Caramel. It's high quality, on par with top end ice creams.

Yuengling makes ice cream too. I've seen it in local stores and Walmart. It's very good, particularly their Black and Tan Ice Cream which is half Chocolate and half Salted Caramel. It's high quality, on par with top end ice creams.

I like ice cream. ;)

Buying my Yuengling at COSTCO pays for my membership every year.

It's my brand of choice and that's never changing. Cheap and 10 times better than anything that foreign conglomerate of Miller/Budweiser/Busch makes.

I've been buying it for 20 years now as my #1 everyday beer.

It's just sad that liberals who have espoused tolerance for DECADES all seem to love trying to silence anyone with an alternate opinion. You should see the crap Peter Thiel, who is one of the great success stories of the gay community, is getting treated in "liberal" Silicon Valley because he supports Trump.

It's a disgrace.

So which Yuengling do yinz drink? Lager, Black & Tan, etc.

I used to drink a lot of Yuengling Lager 25 years ago before the craft and micro-brewery explosion.

It's just sad that liberals who have espoused tolerance for DECADES all seem to love trying to silence anyone with an alternate opinion. You should see the crap Peter Thiel, who is one of the great success stories of the gay community, is getting treated in "liberal" Silicon Valley because he supports Trump.

Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.

/s William F. Buckley, Jr.

So which Yuengling do yinz drink? Lager, Black & Tan, etc.

I used to drink a lot of Yuengling Lager 25 years ago before the craft and micro-brewery explosion.

All lager. I went through a black and tan phase right after college, but lager is a solid every day beer I would strongly recommend. And it's a good price. $20/case at most. I get it for $16.89/case at COSTCO (and have seen it as cheap as $15.49/case in COSTCO on special). No tax or deposit anymore in Delaware either :-)

P.S. Only get it in bottles unless you HAVE to buy cans for some reason (at the pool, for camping, etc.)

Yuengling Chesterfield Ale is pretty good. When i lived in State College, i used to get cases of 16 oz Yuengling Premium returnables.

True, the bottles are better.

really?? I gotta find this, is it just in Pennsylvania, or do you think their ice cream might be in Ohio?

This boycott effects my life in zero ways.

really?? I gotta find this, is it just in Pennsylvania, or do you think their ice cream might be in Ohio?

Total wine in Abq had it a few months ago. Try a liquor store. I am yet to try an Iron City brew. But I am in full support Yuengling

I did the tour out in Pottsville a couple years ago ...was pretty cool...if I remember correctly ..the ice cream was a front for them during prohibition..

Yuengling is a family owned and run company. It is one of 2 major Breweries (Sam Adams is the other) that are truly an American Brewery. It's the oldest in the country, and I've toured both Pottsville and Tampa's breweries. I would never fault their beer or hold the workers accountable for any political affiliations of the owners (much like many of us do with the Steelers and the Rooney's affiliations). I may lean socially liberal, but I'd never consider not drinking Yuengling. It's the last of the American breweries, and it's the oldest!

Grew up on Lager. I used to drive it by the case to MD and sell it for twice the price to Frats on campus. Loved it, and back then, it was the only brewery that offered more than just an American Adjunct Lager beer. Now I prefer premium since I can get it for $12.99 a case at Joe Canal's in NJ. Usually I'll keep a case of black and tan pounders around, if I'm in the mood for a beer with substance. I absolutely loved their Bock beer, but they only made it for 2 seasons. It was excellent!