• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Gay Marriage Upheld by Supreme Court

Spike

Reaction score
WASHINGTON — In a long-sought victory for the gay rights movement, the Supreme Court ruled on Friday that the Constitution guarantees a nationwide right to same-sex marriage.

Justice Anthony M. Kennedy wrote the majority opinion in the 5 to 4 decision. He was joined by the court’s four more liberal justices.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/27/us/supreme-court-same-sex-marriage.html?_r=0

-------------------------------

Who didn't see that coming

Gay people should have the same right to lose half their **** in a divorce as I did.

Maybe now the homos will finally shut up about it.

Oh no....the Gay Mafia will not stop until they've made us all pole smokers, or think they have.

Thank goodness Obama is speaking about it. I wouldn't be surprised if he addressed the nation after the deflate-gate ruling

10984617_907032329371253_528015296388854982_n.jpg

I don't get all the hype around this. I mean, I guess if you are gay, this is the top of the mountain. If you're not gay, I do not see how it affects your life. I know a handful of gay people, and they seem pretty "meh" over the whole deal. Whatever. Yay for gays! What's on TV tonight?

Well I guess they figure this is more of a moral issue than a legal one.

And now the so called "gay" people can deduct their spouses on their income tax.

I heard the Pope is against it and he will be recalling all his Catholics from the US in protest

well, that's what i heard

About time IMO. Now will the SCOTUS please make it so I can get a CCW in NJ? Please.

My only issue with the decision is how it was worded....that "2 people" should be allowed to marry. Guess with wording that vague, Hank can marry a 10 year old.

My only issue with the decision is how it was worded....that "2 people" should be allowed to marry. .

Easily changed to 3 or 4 or 10.

They'll change it after the next protest march.

Does this set precedent to disallow states to independently decide at what age people can legally marry, if it's legal for first cousins to marry, etc.?

Don't statutory rape laws vary by state as well?

Will they have to go to Canada to be divorced?

who ******* cares? Next up on the list...2nd Amendment on deck

Does this set precedent to disallow states to independently decide at what age people can legally marry, if it's legal for first cousins to marry, etc.?

That's why I have an issue with the way it's worded. It's a slippery slippery slope. Just wait until the first 50 year old guy wants to marry a 10 year old. They are both people. I guarantee it will happen.

Maybe, it goes that far, who knows. To me, if a marriage is nothing more than a contract between consenting adults, there should be nothing that makes it illegal for that contract to include more than 2 adults. Polygamy almost has to be next.

The overall issue is, really, even easier to solve. Remove all federal and state legislation that references "spouse" or "married". Done, problem solved. No more treating people as married or unmarried. If you want to keep the relative benefits, change references to "domestic partner(s)" and "civil union". If people want to be "married", the individuals and churches can decide to do whatever they hell they want and don't need a state contract or permission. If you want to be "married", but don't want to get the civil contract, OK by us, don't file for federal or state benefits for your partner(s)

Just wait until the first 50 year old guy wants to marry a 10 year old. They are both people. I guarantee it will happen.

It used to happen all the time when a wealthy 50 year-old took a liking to a girl from a modest family and made her father an offer.

Let anyone who wants to marry get married.

A more interesting question is will any of the supreme court justices come out of the closet? I have heard all three women on the court bat for the other team. Kagan and Ginsburg in particular.

http://www.christiannewswire.com/news/8606913872.html

As I have said before, Who ******* cares. It does not change my marriage in the slightest. I also could care less if you want to have 10 wives, you are the dumb *** who has to put up with them.

I believe the legal age to marry should be set at the age of ADULTHOOD, and that is currently 18. 18 should be the legal age for drinking also. If you are 18, marry whoever the **** you want. You are still a minor until you turn 18, and can not marry, drink, vote or **** anyone over the age of 18.

A more interesting question is will any of the supreme court justices come out of the closet?
I think if any of them come out, it will be either Scalia, Thomas or Alito. It always seems to work out that way.

who ******* cares? Next up on the list...2nd Amendment on deck

wait till priests are forced to marry gays and school teachers required to teach the gay lifestyle, then the fun starts - that's just the beginning

LGBT Leaders: Gay Marriage Is Not Enough

“Now that we’ve won marriage, we need immediate and concrete support for bisexual community issues like domestic violence, rape and sexual assault, poor health, poverty and suicidality,”

“As we look ahead to a movement beyond marriage equality, we know that the work of affirming Christians is not yet finished. It’s now time for churches to move beyond simply accepting what we understand, to affirming LGBTQ people as they are,” the organization said in a statement.

Alongside religious advocacy efforts, changing the internal culture of families and schools seems vital but similarly impossible to achieve through legislation and Supreme Court rulings alone. The LGBT movement should prioritize homelessness, immigration reform, discrimination, and transgender issues

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/06/26/same-sex-marriage-is-legal-now-what.html