• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Gay Marriage Upheld by Supreme Court

So, it's only separation of church and state when the church is not allowed influence the state. But the state is allowed to dictate to the church. Freedom of religion be damned. Hypocracy at its finest.

So, it's only separation of church and state when the church is not allowed influence the state. But the state is allowed to dictate to the church. Freedom of religion be damned. Hypocracy at its finest.

The ruling doesn't force the church to marry people. It forces the state to issue a marriage license. Right?

The ruling doesn't force the church to marry people. It forces the state to issue a marriage license. Right?

Just wait...

In 5, 4, 3, 2....

**** canada.
freedom. liberty. leave me alone to find my own way home.

Cruz: Clerks Should be Able to Opt Out of Gay Marriage Licenses

U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz on Saturday said county clerks in Texas should "absolutely" be able to opt out of issuing same-sex marriage licenses if they have religious objections.

"We should respect diversity and tolerance," Cruz added. "There is this liberal intolerance and fascism that seeks to force Bible-believing Christians to violate their faith, and I think it makes no sense."

http://www.texastribune.org/2015/06/27/cruz-clerks-should-be-able-opt-out-gay-marriage-li/

I am all for people being able to opt out of issuing a license the do not believe in, QUIT AND FIND A DIFFERENT JOB. As an employee in the PUBLIC sector, you need to leave your beliefs at the door. What you do before or after work is up to you. Public sector employees work for EVERYONE, not just those you agree with.

That's funny because without all the low information, entitlement seeking free stuff "Obama is gonna pay for my gas an mortgage" liberal idiots, a democrat president would never be elected.

The crazies reside on the left,,,you ******** voted for Obama, twice.
So, the three you mentioned are and embarrassment but Hillary is cool? Hillary is a wench, a liar, a disingenuous piece of **** that you'll vote for in a heartbeat because she has D after her name. I'll take any of the three you mentioned over Hillary.

Let's not get carried away there Champ.

Just wait...

In 5, 4, 3, 2....

So if I said I will give you $100/day, every day after the first clergy member is forced by law to marry a gay couple if you give me $10/day until that actually does happen, you would take me up on it?

Just wait...

In 5, 4, 3, 2....
So if I said I will give you $100/day, every day after the first clergy member is forced by law to marry a gay couple if you give me $10/day until that actually does happen, you would take me up on it?
What will happen is that the government will disallow the tax-exempt status of churches that refuse to do same-sex weddings.

You sure? In Idaho (yes, that's Idaho - not California, not NYC), it's already on. You want this bet? In Canada, it's on. And we just made it a law. And you're **** sure you know just how this is going to play out?

LOL

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/oct/20/idaho-citys-ordinance-tells-pastors-to-marry-gays-/

What will happen is that the government will disallow the tax-exempt status of churches that refuse to do same-sex weddings.

This will also happen. As our Government is adept at doing they will use money to make this happen. Don't wanna teach Common Core, forget the subsidies? Don't wanna marry gays? Pay taxes you can't afford.

“Journalist Ben Shapiro notes that there is already a movement on the state level “to revoke non-profit status for religious organizations that do not abide by same-sex marriage.” The Supreme Court’s decision could make churches refusing to comply “private institutions engaging in commerce,” and therefore subject to laws already in place. Refusal to perform a same-sex wedding would put a church out of business.

From: http://allenbwest.com/2015/06/why-the-supreme-court-ruling-on-gay-marriage-could-lead-to-civil-war/

Good overall piece by the way.

At least one state is standing up for our rights.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...e-sex-marriage-licenses-on-religious-grounds/

Texas Attorney General: County Clerks May Refuse to Grant Same-Sex Marriage Licenses on Religious Grounds

In response to the U.S. Supreme Court legalizing gay marriage last week, Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton on Sunday declared that county clerks in the state may refuse to grant same-sex marriage licenses on grounds of religious objection.

“Friday, the United States Supreme Court again ignored the text and spirit of the Constitution to manufacture a right that simply does not exist,” Paxton said in a statement. “In so doing, the Court weakened itself and weakened the rule of law, but did nothing to weaken our resolve to protect religious liberty and return to democratic self-government in the face of judicial activists attempting to tell us how to live.”

“Texas must speak with one voice against this lawlessness, and act on multiple levels to further protect religious liberties for all Texans,” he said, “but most immediately do anything we can to help our County Clerks and public officials who now are forced with defending their religious beliefs against the Court’s ruling.”

Paxton’s declaration came two days after Texas Gov. Greg Abbott directed state agency heads to respect and preserve employees’ religious liberties and First Amendment rights — also in response to the Supreme Court’s ruling on gay marriage.

I don't care one way or the other who marries who. Marry your sister or your dog for that matter.

What does get me going a bit is the insistence of the very loud minority to shove it in everyone's face.

They do not want just the right to marry, but won't stop until they force anyone that can perform a ceremony to comply or be destroyed.

Tolerance for everyone

Catholic priest reports getting spit on at gay marriage parade

Walking down Broadway and 22nd St just now, I ran into gay marriage parade. Two men walked by and spat on me. Oh well… I deserve worse. — Fr. Jonathan Morris (@fatherjonathan) June 28, 2015

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2015/06...getting-spit-on-at-gay-marriage-parade-219042

They're as sweet as our islamic brothers when you disagree with them. Gay divorce court will be a hoot for sure.

You sure? In Idaho (yes, that's Idaho - not California, not NYC), it's already on. You want this bet? In Canada, it's on. And we just made it a law. And you're **** sure you know just how this is going to play out?

LOL

Now wait just one Goddamn minute!... There's gay people in Idaho?

Now wait just one Goddamn minute!... There's gay people in Idaho?

Funny.

But the point remains. You and anyone else who thinks that this is the end, that gays and lesbians go off and live happily ever after and we get to continue to live our lives the way we have, and we get to practice our religion the way we have, are smoking the funny stuff. Religious persecution will continue, and worsen. Government control of speech will increase.

This is just the beginning.

Just wait...

In 5, 4, 3, 2....

Won't happen because they'd have to force the mosques to marry gays too, and Muslims are protected. Side note, when you find yourself on the same side as the Muslims in a debate, stop and re-evaluate your position.

I am all for people being able to opt out of issuing a license the do not believe in, QUIT AND FIND A DIFFERENT JOB. As an employee in the PUBLIC sector, you need to leave your beliefs at the door. What you do before or after work is up to you. Public sector employees work for EVERYONE, not just those you agree with.

I don't think any of them would give up their jobs, they are just handing out slips of paper anyway

I don't think any of them would give up their jobs, they are just handing out slips of paper anyway

Not to hear them talk about it. They are being FORCED against their religious beliefs to issue that piece of paper and it is the same thing as them being raped every minute of every day. I still say they need to find a different job where they will not have to take that abuse.

Not to hear them talk about it. They are being FORCED against their religious beliefs to issue that piece of paper and it is the same thing as them being raped every minute of every day. I still say they need to find a different job where they will not have to take that abuse.

That's the Attorney General talking. If you work for the government, you do what the government says. The AG is just doing a little Lone Star grandstanding.

Won't happen because they'd have to force the mosques to marry gays too, and Muslims are protected. Side note, when you find yourself on the same side as the Muslims in a debate, stop and re-evaluate your position.
They won't do squat to the Muzzies and conveniently ignore their hypocrisy. It's not just about gays getting married, it's about destroying, or at least harming, Christianity that they don't like.

The Sith weren't able to take over the empire without eliminating the Jedi/religion

here we go

Cruz suggests states can ignore gay marriage ruling

Houston Chronicle - Texas senator and GOP presidential hopeful Ted Cruz said during an NPR interview on Monday that states should ignore the Supreme Court's landmark ruling legalizing gay marriage nationwide.

His reasoning? States not specifically named in the case don't have to follow the ruling.

The states listed in the gay marriage suit included Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky and Tennessee.

"... On a great many issues, others have largely acquiesced, even if they were not parties to the case. But there's no legal obligation to acquiesce to anything other than a court judgment. And I would note that the next major battlefield that is going to occur following this marriage decision is religious liberty"

http://www.chron.com/news/nation-wo...ges-states-to-ignore-gay-marriage-6356881.php

And I would note that the next major battlefield that is going to occur following this marriage decision is religious liberty"

S9gRpSw.png