• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Get used to it.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
This is who we are now. I am too young to remember much of it but I do remember somewhere in the mid 80's where we were average to below average. That is where we are. We need a change and that change does not come until Art Rooney II takes a step back at the very least and let Dan Rooney (not that Dan Rooney) have more control of the day-to-day operations. I personally believe, (warning speculative) that doesn't happen until after the 2024 season. I believe that is when Tomlin's contract comes up and the team gives him the option of retiring and being a shoe in for the hall of fame or not renewing his contract where he risks leaving and tarnishing his career. I think MT retires. I feel at that point things get better. I feel Daniel Rooney is a football guy unlike Art Rooney II who is more of a CPA than anything. I think we finally get the staff in place and accountability is held. Who all stays and goes I am not sure. Omar Khan will have a few years to prove himself at that point. I don't think he would immediately go anywhere unless he had a horrid 2023 draft. I think the coaching staff would have a big shake up. I don't see us winning more than 6-8 games a year anytime soon. But out of the ashes a better football team will rise. It all starts at the top. The last Dan Rooney was instrumental in putting Noll and Cowher in charge which lead to phenomenal teams. So lets yank off the band-aid. Three poor years is nothing compared to what Browns and Bengals fans have endured. Sit back, drinks some beers, watch this shitshow the Steelers are putting on the field and just know it is the means to an end.

If Pickett truly is our man, it is going to take a good 2 years after this year to build the team around him. Most of our DL will be gone (Heyward, Alualu, etc.). We must take the first 3 picks in this draft and take the best OL in round 1 and then take another in 2 or 3 with the other being DL. Then the following year, we will need another top DL and possibly OL. We need to rebuild the big uglies. And, yes, we need a top NT. Adams isn't a "high pedigree" guy but when he was in the game at NT yesterday (just like the end of last year), you could tell the difference. Alualu seems to be nowhere near what he was before his injury. I have been screaming this since Big Snack left.

Thats a very realistic endgame for him.. especially if he gets a good taste of post Ben life…
Tomlin is so long winded and almost incoherent with his vocabulary that if he goes on National Broadcasts he is going to get eaten alive.

Tomlin is so long winded and almost incoherent with his vocabulary that if he goes on National Broadcasts he is going to get eaten alive.
Yep, I can just see it now - all the other commentators looking at each other with that dumbfounded look on their face that just screams, What did he say?

If Pickett truly is our man, it is going to take a good 2 years after this year to build the team around him. Most of our DL will be gone (Heyward, Alualu, etc.). We must take the first 3 picks in this draft and take the best OL in round 1 and then take another in 2 or 3 with the other being DL. Then the following year, we will need another top DL and possibly OL. We need to rebuild the big uglies. And, yes, we need a top NT. Adams isn't a "high pedigree" guy but when he was in the game at NT yesterday (just like the end of last year), you could tell the difference. Alualu seems to be nowhere near what he was before his injury. I have been screaming this since Big Snack left.
He already has a good team around him. Better than average Oline and a good receiving corps and excellent RBs. What more can you ask for? Defensively they might be rebuilding/retooling but it's no different than 2013.

opened this thread expecting it to be about Najee tryna single-handedly **** up the Clowns.

I've said this before, but for the many positives of consistency, there are negatives. With Tomlin I imagine it is the fact that he has built relationships in the organization as well as the community. I guess it's hard to just march into his office and say "You're fired!" But they gotta do it, for clear, observable reasons. First off, the results. No more really needs to be added except that one of Tomlin's favorite saying about players used to be they are ascending or descending. That's gotta be true for coaches, right? The guy is certainly descending as seen by the results.
Next, this team does nothing well. They can't run, or pass and they can't stop the tun of pass. I have theories as to why, but that is speculation. Everyone can see they don't do anything well.
They are not drafting well. Not to say the players don't have talent, but they are like a sports car enthusiast who buys a farm and has no pick up truck to do the work. Makes no damn sense.
But I also don't like who they draft. George Pickens, for example, may have all the talent in the world, but just watching him out there...he's gonna be a pain in the asss for 4 years until he leaves.

Tomlin may be the only HC that has coached for as long as him without a single branch on the coaching tree. Even Mike Mccarthy has a coaching tree.. maybe not a good one but still has one. Tomlin has nothing. It's unheard of really.

This is who we are now. I am too young to remember much of it but I do remember somewhere in the mid 80's where we were average to below average. That is where we are. We need a change and that change does not come until Art Rooney II takes a step back at the very least and let Dan Rooney (not that Dan Rooney) have more control of the day-to-day operations. I personally believe, (warning speculative) that doesn't happen until after the 2024 season. I believe that is when Tomlin's contract comes up and the team gives him the option of retiring and being a shoe in for the hall of fame or not renewing his contract where he risks leaving and tarnishing his career. I think MT retires. I feel at that point things get better. I feel Daniel Rooney is a football guy unlike Art Rooney II who is more of a CPA than anything. I think we finally get the staff in place and accountability is held. Who all stays and goes I am not sure. Omar Khan will have a few years to prove himself at that point. I don't think he would immediately go anywhere unless he had a horrid 2023 draft. I think the coaching staff would have a big shake up. I don't see us winning more than 6-8 games a year anytime soon. But out of the ashes a better football team will rise. It all starts at the top. The last Dan Rooney was instrumental in putting Noll and Cowher in charge which lead to phenomenal teams. So lets yank off the band-aid. Three poor years is nothing compared to what Browns and Bengals fans have endured. Sit back, drinks some beers, watch this shitshow the Steelers are putting on the field and just know it is the means to an end.
Tomlin will tarnish his career if he stays too. His record isn’t going to improve.

Tomlin may be the only HC that has coached for as long as him without a single branch on the coaching tree. Even Mike Mccarthy has a coaching tree.. maybe not a good one but still has one. Tomlin has nothing. It's unheard of really.
The Bruce, but he was here before Shades. That’s all I got.

Tomlin is also the only head coach I see blowing kisses into the sideline cameras after wins, and dancing around in the locker room to a song about trap houses(selling drugs) after week 1 win that was extremely lucky. It’s just a bad look IMO. Act like you’ve won something before, ya clown. With Tomlin, it’s always been “look at me.”

Tomlin likes to be a showman....like Sammy Davis Jr.

He already has a good team around him. Better than average Oline and a good receiving corps and excellent RBs. What more can you ask for? Defensively they might be rebuilding/retooling but it's no different than 2013.
Better than average Oline? Where? They may get there later this year but they are well below average right now.

I actually think their pass protection has been very good. Run blocking is improving also but lagging a bit. This Oline is far better than what they had last year.

we need a top end LT and LG, and the D needs a blue-chip DL

We don’t utilize a true NT anymore, just hybrid Dt’s we list alualu as one, but the scheme for the DL is now penetrating and pass pressure more than simple gap containment. They simply will not draft a NT like hampton under this staff

As for DE… Loudermilk and Leal are probably future starters. Loudermilk is only inactive because they think Wormley can play all three positions… I’d rather double down on olinemen right now… but if we get a high pick we should just go BPA… never reach for a need when you can get a potential gamechanger…

I definitely don’t think their issue is lack of talent at most of these positions… its definitely scheme and techniquerelated