• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Getting it right...................STEELERS not interested

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm hoping this is the reality. It's the only rational approach, IMO.

I have you know Joe schmoe and the did you know reportitid it, it must be true.

We are getting every QB reported coming to the Burgh and yinz all are going to like it!

Finally, some common sense written about the subject. The Steelers WILL go into camp with four QB's and I believe the Steelers will sign Mason to a decent contract. So, having two QB's on the roster they'll look to sign a vet like Tannehill and draft another in the Mid to late rounds. I REALLY hope it isn't Spencer Rattler...He is absolute trash.

Should and when they sign Mason Rudolf, he will be the highest paid QB on this team. That could come into play later, hence the season.

I think Mason will make slightly-2million more than they paid Mitch.

Salute the nation

Everybody is throwing in the towel on Kenny and I keep saying how wrong that is.
We should all be on board to give Kenny our support for 24 and not give up so easily.
His last full game post Canada he played well at Cincinnati and the next game against the Cards didn’t play badly in the first half. If he doesn’t injure his ankle in that game we may be having a whole different conversation about Kenny.
I personally think under a legitimate OC, Kenny working on his mechanics this offseason, he will play much better in 24.
Also consider! Kenny doesn’t need to play at an all pro level. He doesn’t even need to be a pro bowl QB.
Kenny can throw for 25 TDs, 3500 yards, low ints,
improve on his QB rating and completion % this offense with its running game can be efficient.
We do not need slugs like Fields or Wilson and certainly aren’t paying for Cousins so I think we stay the course and support our guy.
If Mason wants to come back and compete then fine, come back and compete and let’s see where that takes us. If not, move on!
Most likely scenario sign Tannehill who can be a good support system for Kenny and a backup if Mason decides to move on.
Draft the strong armed Spenser Rattler in the fourth round to develop.
This is most likely what I think the organization will do. Don’t think they were ever going the Fields route and giving up prime draft picks for a guy that defines what Tomlin hates. Turnovers!
Wilson and Cousins will go elsewhere but not Pittsburgh.

Everybody is throwing in the towel on Kenny and I keep saying how wrong that is.
We should all be on board to give Kenny our support for 24 and not give up so easily.
His last full game post Canada he played well at Cincinnati and the next game against the Cards didn’t play badly in the first half. If he doesn’t injure his ankle in that game we may be having a whole different conversation about Kenny.
I personally think under a legitimate OC, Kenny working on his mechanics this offseason, he will play much better in 24.
Also consider! Kenny doesn’t need to play at an all pro level. He doesn’t even need to be a pro bowl QB.
Kenny can throw for 25 TDs, 3500 yards, low ints,
improve on his QB rating and completion % this offense with its running game can be efficient.
We do not need slugs like Fields or Wilson and certainly aren’t paying for Cousins so I think we stay the course and support our guy.
If Mason wants to come back and compete then fine, come back and compete and let’s see where that takes us. If not, move on!
Most likely scenario sign Tannehill who can be a good support system for Kenny and a backup if Mason decides to move on.
Draft the strong armed Spenser Rattler in the fourth round to develop.
This is most likely what I think the organization will do. Don’t think they were ever going the Fields route and giving up prime draft picks for a guy that defines what Tomlin hates. Turnovers!
Wilson and Cousins will go elsewhere but not Pittsburgh.
I feel somewhat plagiarized here lol. I agree almost entirely aside from maybe waiting and taking a flyer on Milton later instead.

Everyone well almost everyone wants to throw Kenny away but if you truly know the Steelers this ain’t how they conduct business. They simply do not overreact or cater to the fans outcries.
They invested a first round pick two short seasons ago and if anyone thinks they are giving up on him in 24 then you don’t know the Steelers.
Doesn’t matter what fans think, they do what they do and KP is our starter in 24.
I honestly think KP comes back and embraces a real offensive scheme and we see a much improved Kenny and offense.
We need to now add to this OL and WR room and all will be ok.
Take a deep breath boys, it will be better in 24.

Finally, some common sense written about the subject. The Steelers WILL go into camp with four QB's and I believe the Steelers will sign Mason to a decent contract. So, having two QB's on the roster they'll look to sign a vet like Tannehill and draft another in the Mid to late rounds. I REALLY hope it isn't Spencer Rattler...He is absolute trash.
I'm not sure they will go with Mason AND another QB vet, maybe just Mason if he signs. If not, then a Tannehill and a rookie, perhaps undrafted. I hope Tomlin isn't allowed to take his "gut feel" on another QB who won't even receive one preseason snap like Oladokun in 2022.

Everyone well almost everyone wants to throw Kenny away but if you truly know the Steelers this ain’t how they conduct business. They simply do not overreact or cater to the fans outcries.
They invested a first round pick two short seasons ago and if anyone thinks they are giving up on him in 24 then you don’t know the Steelers.
Doesn’t matter what fans think, they do what they do and KP is our starter in 24.
I honestly think KP comes back and embraces a real offensive scheme and we see a much improved Kenny and offense.
Kenny has the worst TD% of ANY QB in NFL history with 500 attempts. That ain't good, as they say. They kept Mark Malone around for a long time after drafting him, how did that turn out? Just because "their way" is the "Steeler way" doesn't make it right in 2024. What may have made sense in the 70's and 80's doesn't automatically make it make sense today. Most of Kenny's faults are not from the offensivesive system; locking on to his prime receiver every play, for instance. Getting "happy feet" too early, when there isn't any pressure, for another. Not seeing wide open targets for another. Missing wide open receivers from poor throws is another.

Can one of the Pitt fans please tell me what you see in Kenny Pickett? Just about every fanbase and sports analysts in the country can see that our QB room is a mess.

And don't tell me about '4th quarter comebacks' or moxie, because Tim Tebow had plenty of that and still sucked at QB.

Arthur Smith has eyes. If he thinks Pickett is a basket case, I'm sure he'll let someone know before the draft.

I'm not sure they will go with Mason AND another QB vet, maybe just Mason if he signs. If not, then a Tannehill and a rookie, perhaps undrafted. I hope Tomlin isn't allowed to take his "gut feel" on another QB who won't even receive one preseason snap like Oladokun in 2022.

Oladokum now has 1 SB ring and has re-signed with the chiefs to get possibly his second.

Salute the nation

Reactions: xjx
The real question is...will we see tomlins horizontal offense? If so, it doesn't matter who the qb is.

Arthur Smith has eyes. If he thinks Pickett is a basket case, I'm sure he'll let someone know before the draft.
He did revise Tannehill's career so I trust that guy to give him a good look and see if it is workable.

This is pretty much Steeler gospel here. They have a long history of not abandoning ship in a short period of time. Even more so after they invest in that player.

Kordell Stewart was a prime example of a qb they stuck with for several years past what normal teams would have done.

They invested in him with a new contract and it just didn't work out.

Now if Kenny stinks it up,he will probably be going to backup land for good. If he shows significant improvement, then they'll probably get that 5th year option on him.

Anyone who has followed the team for a long time should know exactly how they operate.

This team is another good draft or two away from really competing. That's if they get their **** together in scheme.

I would be surprised if they didn't continue investing in the lines and a turn back to a power running game.

The biggest thing they need to work ok, is ******* scoring in the red zone.

That should be priority 1,2 and 3 for the offense.

Our OC for the last 3 years sucked. I don't care if Mason came in and played good for two games. He had absolutely nothing to lose and 5 years of practice.

Oladokum now has 1 SB ring and has re-signed with the chiefs to get possibly his second.

Salute the nation
That's two SB rings for Mr. Oladokun; one for '22 season and one for the '23 season.