• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

GLAD he's gone or would you KEEP.............................................

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Chase Claypool formrly known as "clayPUFF", has taken to the fashion world week in Paris.

He is doing his thing and respectfully so, in the off-season.

Myself, for what we got in return, I am glad he us gone.

Had we kept him, I'd think we would be still calling him clayPUFF and battling his incompetence and soft-ness.

Salute the nation

Me I’m pleased. The market for WRs was blazing hot, but even had he had an ok year last year, I'm not sure we could have gotten more than what we got for him last year. .
One weird thing is tgat we have done fantastic with third round and lower WRs the past few decades but honestly, our first and second round picks have all underperformed to an extent…

Glad he's gone. He had his opportunities in the burgh and did nothing with those opportunities. Showed the same in Chicago. Seems he'd rather be doing something else.

I think we got a steel. 1st round talent at CB for Him. If Austin and Pickens ends up doing well in the beginning of the season, I would look for a stupid trade partner for DJ

I think he is a pretty boy who knows it and wants To be the glamorous NFL wide receiver.

Look at me………..

I’m just glad Chicago has to deal with him and if his light bulb ever turns on, then more power to him.

Salute the nation

A couple years ago, DJ had a lot of drops. He worked hard and cleaned that up drastically.

He has had drops, but less than earlier in his career.

The problem has been that’s he seems to get a couple drops in a season that are in “EXACT” critical times of big games. Remember that our season has been critical to the very end to JUST sneak into the playoffs, so bigger magnifying glass.

The biggest problem with this offense, is the fact we have a very amateur OC.

Salute the nation

Last edited:
Seems like the bears have buyer regret over Claypool. I think we traded him at the right time. He has alot of talent, but is lacking in work ethic and intangibles.

Seems like the bears have buyer regret over Claypool. I think we traded him at the right time. He has alot of talent, but is lacking in work ethic and intangibles.
He really could be a Hall of Fame WR IMO, but like you said, he lacks the work ethic, drive, and competitiveness to be great. He's happy playing a game and being rich.

yeah, could have been a HOF WR with the talent he has, but he has the same drive that Mendenhall had.

I can see the Bears cutting him after next season.

yeah, could have been a HOF WR with the talent he has, but he has the same drive that Mendenhall had.

I can see the Bears cutting him after next season.

Wasn’t long ago, Mendy was spouting off about his SB fumble and how unjustified that it was a fumble…………..

He’s had other out cry’s but none justifiable.

Salute the nation

Say what you will about AB, but he had the single greatest work ethic any WR has had since Jerry Rice. If someone with Claypool’s talent had ABs drive and work ethic, he would be unstoppable

I’d have to add, they would need Jerry Rice’s mentality as well, because with their respective mental, they wouldn’t do **** as they have shown that aspect.

Salute the nation

He really could be a Hall of Fame WR IMO, but like you said, he lacks the work ethic, drive, and competitiveness to be great. He's happy playing a game and being rich.
HOFers don't lack in these areas.....typically anyways....or I would think.

Peppered BACON and blueberry pancakes…….. more bacon than pancakes……………

Salute the nation

Being a Canadian who cheers for ND I couldn't have been happier with the pick or his rookie season. Then his bullshit talk started. I didn't see that coming. I think he has the skills and the tangible. But in this game if you are mentally soft and say dumb **** you don't last long.

Give me just a little of the heart and soul of a Hines Ward with our current crop of talented WRs.
They would be unstoppable.

CMT should make a highlight reel and make it mandatory viewing.