• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Halftime show…

He needs to lay off the Pens games lol

And switch to low sodium soy sauce if he's going to continue eating all that Japanese food.

Reactions: MTC
Black guy named Juan?

RAYCIS!

donald-sutherland-pod.gif

Meh while some of the criticism of some rap is legit, half the people i know who gripe about rap jam out to queens another one bites the dust , the beastie boys, and kid rock, so I’m inclined to think at least some of the criticism is racist in nature…

I don't know if it's racism so much as just not giving something a chance because you're so set in your ways. I know I did it with modern country. Minus Jimmy though, he's a straight KKK Grand Wizard wannabe in waiting (kidding Jimmy). There are probably more than a few out there who look at in color though. But Indy posting that Ice Cube meme gives me hope, he kicks *** and would come around one of these days if we showed him some of the better stuff. There is a lot of **** rap, but there's also a lot of **** in other genres. Since it's Friday night and it's time to forget the bullshit, gonna post more of a fun one than the more serious stuff:

I don't know if it's racism so much as just not giving something a chance because you're so set in your ways. I know I did it with modern country. Minus Jimmy though, he's a straight KKK Grand Wizard wannabe in waiting (kidding Jimmy). There are probably more than a few out there who look at in color though. But Indy posting that Ice Cube meme gives me hope, he kicks *** and would come around one of these days if we showed him some of the better stuff. There is a lot of **** rap, but there's also a lot of **** in other genres. Since it's Friday night and it's time to forget the bullshit, gonna post more of a fun one than the more serious stuff:

There’s a jukebox thread fer christ sakes! Get off my lawn yinz poo nanny crusted apple dumpling

I certainly don't think its all racism, and I was in the same boat as you with all country when I was younger lol, but I am saying with some of the guys I know it certainly is...

Now what the super bowl should do is have a bunch of artists who cover famous songs in other genres... Heads would melt when people hear the Kanye cover of Bohemian Rhapsody or the gourds cover Gin N Juice in their rockabilly style... Maybe a little Steve N Seagulls bluegrass cover of ACDC's thunderstruck or GNR's November rain to confuse the music snobs lol

There’s a jukebox thread fer christ sakes! Get off my lawn yinz poo nanny crusted apple dumpling

I know, right? But it mainly consists of Lunar, Coolie (reminds me of main American Pie guy, but much older and dirtier) - and us, every so often. I know members pop in every now and again, but P&R is the place - because everybody likes a sad crash and/or trauma story.

I mean let's be honest with ourselves, we typically come here first because there's always something new to get ourselves worked up about. Emotions are a *****. But then thankfully there are waves of logic and lucidity that make up for it.

• Wow
Reactions: MTC
Back on topic.The Prince Halftime Show was the best SB show for me to date. The element of it pouring down rain while singing Purple Rain was the exclamation point! Guy was a true artist and extremely talented musician.
You'll have to click link because YouTube and the NFL are ********.

Last edited:
I know, right? But it mainly consists of Lunar, Coolie (reminds me of main American Pie guy, but much older and dirtier) - and us, every so often. I know members pop in every now and again, but P&R is the place - because everybody likes a sad crash and/or trauma story.

I mean let's be honest with ourselves, we typically come here first because there's always something new to get ourselves worked up about. Emotions are a *****. But then thankfully there are waves of logic and lucidity that make up for it.
Since I’m not really emotional you and Huey have to represent that aspect for me.

I do like to see a sad crash/trauma story cause it’s real life and entertaining. I’m mean lol

Back on topic.The Prince Halftime Show was the best SB show for me to date. The element of it pouring down rain while singing Purple Rain was the exclamation point! Guy was a true artist and extremely talented musician.
You'll have to click link because YouTube and the NFL are ********.

**** youtube and the nfl

Meh while some of the criticism of some rap is legit, half the people i know who gripe about rap jam out to queens another one bites the dust , the beastie boys, and kid rock, so I’m inclined to think at least some of the criticism is racist in nature…
I have to disagree, at least from my perspective, not being able to answer for others.

Smokey Robinson, Miles Davis, B B King, Jimi Hendrix, Etta James, Ray Charles, Louis Armstrong, Stevie Wonder, Prince, Tina Turner, Nat King Cole, Isaac Hayes, Sam Cooke,
Marvin Gaye, Billie Holiday, Michael Jackson, Bob Marley, Muddy Waters, Aretha Franklin, Buddy Guy and Robert Johnson down at the crossroads. I could go on, but all of these
people had more talent, in my opinion, than any rap artist, regardless of their skin tone.

Like what you want, rap is crap in my opinion and that has nothing to do with race.

I have to disagree, at least from my perspective, not being able to answer for others.

Smokey Robinson, Miles Davis, B B King, Jimi Hendrix, Etta James, Ray Charles, Louis Armstrong, Stevie Wonder, Prince, Tina Turner, Nat King Cole, Isaac Hayes, Sam Cooke,
Marvin Gaye, Billie Holiday, Michael Jackson, Bob Marley, Muddy Waters, Aretha Franklin, Buddy Guy and Robert Johnson down at the crossroads. I could go on, but all of these
people had more talent, in my opinion, than any rap artist, regardless of their skin tone.

Like what you want, rap is crap in my opinion and that has nothing to do with race.
I agree. I have to be in the mood for rap lol. Which very seldom.