• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Happy Birthday, Franco Harris: “The Best of Franco”

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Monday, Franco Harris turns 72 years young. We here at SteelerNation.com want to wish him the happiest of birthdays and take this time to show our appreciation for the Pittsburgh Steelers‘ legend and Hall of Famer.

Harris was originally drafted 13th overall out of Penn State by the Steelers in the 1972 NFL Draft. He eventually became NFL Iffensive Rookie of the Year, NFL Man of the Year (1976), NFL 1970’s All Decade Team, Super Bowl MVP, 9x Pro Bowler, and 2 Time First Team All-Pro. Oh, and not to mention 4 Time Super Bowl Champion.

Harris and his ‘Italian Army’ helped turn the Steelers into the Steelers that we know and love today. He’s the author of the greatest play in team history, the ‘Immaculate Reception’. That play would start the Steelers success of the 70’s and still continues in 2022.

Thank you for the memories, Franco! These are just some of our favorite highlights below:

CLICK THE PHOTO TO WATCH:

What was your favorite moment from Harris throughout his NFL career? Click to comment below!

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

Have an immaculate birthday Franco!

And yes it didn't touch the ground.

Last edited:
Happy Birthday Franco and may you welcome us as a greeter for many more years at the airport.!

Salute the nation

i met him in Kuwait airport. Had my picture taken with him. I was coming back to iraq from emergency leave. His brother took the photo and promised to send it to me. never did. Never would respond.

We were both at this lil baggage claim. and i knew who he was instantly,, and was wearing the required steeler cap and everything