• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Happy Independence Day! July 4, 2019

ooh oooh I know the answer to this one!
Yeah, I live and work overseas as do millions of Americans. Over the years I've founded four separate companies, created hundreds of jobs, spread American know-how, goodwill and work ethic along the way. I've always held my head high and represented America with pride. Juggling multiple businesses and side projects, spending time traveling throughout Europe, meeting and befriending people from all walks of life, raising a family in a bustling, cosmopolitan city, life's not bad and I have no complaints. But I do long to return to the beaches of Southern California someday. Now that my kids are old enough, and I've hit fifty recently, I may indeed look into a move back stateside. In the meantime, I'm trying to squeeze whatever I can from the opportunities that I have. My three teenagers are American citizens, they may get back to the States before I do, enrolling in college. My love of America has only been strengthened over the years, and everything I have achieved is distinctly rooted in my past and upbringing. That's why July 4th is extra special to me. I give thanks and pray for America to continue to be the greatest country on earth, the shining beacon of hope, freedom and democracy the world over. Amen.

Last edited:
As an aside story for today, our fishing club at the Fleet Reserve sponsors a kids fishing day every 4 of July morning. There is a little lake with a city dock about 3 blocks from the club that we use and then we supply the 3 to 6 year olds and a second group of 6 to 12 year olds with rigged cane polls and worms then give them 1 hour to see who catches the most fish.

Well....surprise to none of us, the girls smoked the boys 5 - 1, they dun it last year too. I'm too inebriated to download the pictures now but that little 3 yo with his 3 OZ shell cracker was so bad ***.

OH yeah...there were a couple Trump booths full of everything from hats to bumper stickers, selling the **** outta that stuff and don't forget, this is Podunk, Florida
( Total Population 1,403)

th

fddc44568e3aabb7d28356285625ebb1.jpg

6JtgAzX.jpg

I guess not everyone is celebrating today :lol:

13603642-1077834352271255-6775096460145180438-o.jpg

You are a garbage piece of **** ************. GTFO of here with your anti-American bullshit. **********.

You really ought get yourself checked in somewhere before you burst an artery. I'd call you an unhinged, whiny c*nt, but it's 4th of July, so I won't insult a fellow American today. Enjoy the day Indy, hope it includes long walks & plenty of fresh air.

Last edited:
Happy 4th of July to all!

My grandfather would impress upon me the good fortune of being Anerican on a daily basis. He fought his *** off to get his family here. A two year wait in West Berlin after escaping from East Berlin while SS actively searched for them. One and a half weeks in the lower section on a ship over here. Ellis Island processing. Then a train across the country to Mesa, Arizona. A job, building a life with no g8vernment handouts. He spoke of it always. I knew he meant every word of his appreciation of this country and its greatness.

America the Beautiful!!!

Happy 4th of July to all!

My grandfather would impress upon me the good fortune of being Anerican on a daily basis. He fought his *** off to get his family here. A two year wait in West Berlin after escaping from East Berlin while SS actively searched for them. One and a half weeks in the lower section on a ship over here. Ellis Island processing. Then a train across the country to Mesa, Arizona. A job, building a life with no g8vernment handouts. He spoke of it always. I knew he meant every word of his appreciation of this country and its greatness.

America the Beautiful!!!

Wait a minute, are you telling me that back then there was a system where immigrants had to be checked in through official ports? I keep being told that America always just let anybody in no questions asked.

okay the celebrations are dying down....the 4th is almost over

now is anyone surprised that the only flag in any of tibbies posts was the British one????

okay the celebrations are dying down....the 4th is almost over

now is anyone surprised that the only flag in any of tibbies posts was the British one????

Eh, I thought it was was pretty funny.

Apparently, the British are pissed at the US Women's Soccer team. When USA scored the game winner vs England, they celebrated by pretending to drink tea with pinkies out.

Apparently, the British are pissed at the US Women's Soccer team. When USA scored the game winner vs England, they celebrated by pretending to drink tea with pinkies out.

**** 'em.....also it is woman's soccer...who really gives a ****

That US women's soccer team seems like a bunch of pissed off for no reason annoying chicks.

Wait a minute, are you telling me that back then there was a system where immigrants had to be checked in through official ports? I keep being told that America always just let anybody in no questions asked.

That's why they waited two years in west Berlin. My grandfather said he lived in fear the entire time. In Mesa they were given used furniture, clothing, etc and a house for rent to live in. He was set up with an interview for a job and worked there for the next 35 years.

Usually a sure sign of spoiled, coddled young adults. Seems to show itself as ungratefulness.

Probably were taught most of that bullshit in college.

Reactions: JMM
I found a website for my Dad's bomber group in WWII - https://www.b24.net

Have all his missions listed. Picture of his crew.

Holy ****. So cool. Great 4th. Taking the family to the reunion.

Very cool.

At 17, lied about his age, Dad was the flight engineer on the same plane, 486th, I think.

I knew my husbands grandfather for near 30 years before I learned that he signed a waiver to go to the Pacific in WWII because he was the only son of a farming family. He signed it over to the family farm hand while he fought the Japanese. He was a hero and most never knew it. He passed a year and a half ago. RIP Ellis.