• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Happy Sperm donors day

That's exactly how I feel. Raised two step kids. One likes me OK. One hates me. She taught our only "together" son to smoke weed and hate me.

The one son I didn't raise loves me.

Today always sucks.

That's exactly how I feel. Raised two step kids. One likes me OK. One hates me. She taught our only "together" son to smoke weed and hate me.

Today always sucks.
It sure makes one think of and marvel at God the Father’s love. He had only one son who was perfect. And he gave him for all of us ingrates through the ages with comparatively scant appreciation much less adoration in return.

That’s where we get into the story of the prodigal. I’m sure you have been a great father and may your son come to his senses and return home soon!

It sure makes one think of and marvel at God the Father’s love. He had only one son who was perfect. And he gave him for all of us ingrates through the ages with comparatively scant appreciation much less adoration in return.

That’s where we get into the story of the prodigal. I’m sure you have been a great father and may your son come to his senses and return home soon!
Thanks. Name is Josh. Pray for him. Just last Saturday he sent me a bunch of texts telling me how much of a bad guy I am. Then he thanked me for fixing his car. Whatever. Drugs do that to a brain.

Thanks. Name is Josh. Pray for him. Just last Saturday he sent me a bunch of texts telling me how much of a bad guy I am. Then he thanked me for fixing his car. Whatever. Drugs do that to a brain.
I sure will thank you for sharing.

Today always sucks.
Sorry man. Raising kids can be great but it can really suck some days.

True. He didn't have that. His mom is Mrs. Fan, and we are still together.

Shoot I misunderstood then. Apologies.

I do understand (to degrees) what you're going through. My mom & dad split when I was five. Dad married again within the year. Mom waited until the night before I left for college to get married. To a great man. A tremendous man..

He had a boy and a girl by his first wife. Then got my sister and I through marrying my mom.

His daughter disowned him completely and utterly. She was an infant when he left wife #1. Found out she had a boyfriend. Worked for some time to try and put an end to it with her. Then told her, never have him in the house with my kids. Gets a call one day at work from a neighbor - "the boyfriend's car is in the driveway." Drives 30 minutes home, enters the house having warned him and her not to get together in his house. Argument ensued. Fight ensued. The 'boyfriend' suffered a broken leg.

Now that makes him out to be a monster. Nothing could be further from the truth. He's spent 36 years caring for my mom, housing my sister who's been ill off and on her whole life, supporting her, paying her bills, paying for her children too. Housed my mom's mom for years too. Spent his hard earned money to put an addition onto the house for her. Played cards with her all the time. My grandma loved him. Hard working, salt of the earth man through and through. Been my best father too.

The ex poisoned her kids' minds. Literally. Made those kids hate their dad. I would say it's their loss, but it really was so unfair to him.

Happy Fathers Day Pops, love ya man.

Last edited:
Shoot I misunderstood then. Apologies.

I do understand (to degrees) what you're going through. My mom & dad split when I was five. Dad married again within the year. Mom waited until the night before I left for college to get married. To a great man. A tremendous man..

He had a boy and a girl by his first wife. Then got my sister and I through marrying my mom.

His daughter disowned him completely and utterly. She was an infant when he left wife #1. Found out she had a boyfriend. Worked for some time to try and put an end to it with her. Then told her, never have him in the house with my kids. Gets a call one day at work from a neighbor - "the boyfriend's car is in the driveway." Drives 30 minutes home, enters the house having warned him and her not to get together in his house. Argument ensued. Fight ensued. The 'boyfriend' suffered a broken leg.

Now that makes him out to be a monster. Nothing could be further from the truth. He's spent 36 years caring for my mom, housing my sister who's been ill off and on her whole life, supporting her, paying her bills, paying for her children too. Housed my mom's mom for years too. Spent his hard earned money to put an addition onto the house for her. Played cards with her all the time. My grandma loved him. Hard working, salt of the earth man through and through. Been my best father too.

The ex poisoned her kids' minds. Literally. Made those kids hate their dad. I would say it's their loss, but it really was so unfair to him.

Happy Fathers Day Pops, love ya man.
Thanks man. Cool story.

Sorry I hijacked this thread.

So many believe weed is harmless.

Uhh, yeah. Sure. Guess what the school shooters seem to have in common besides being ostracized and having no sex life?

Lots and lots and lots of weed.

Coincidence, I'm sure.

Stop being hard on yourself. From my personal interactions with you, you’re a good guy.

Time heals that type of animosity that your son has.

Uhh, yeah. Sure. Guess what the school shooters seem to have in common besides being ostracized and having no sex life?

Coincidence, I'm sure.
I think it’s the lack of intimacy that does them in.

I’m not against weed nor for it. Much like alcohol, recreational use can be used responsibly

Coincidence, I'm sure.
Then there would be shootings and group violence around the world ..... but thatvis not borne out statistically

Then there would be shootings and group violence around the world ..... but thatvis not borne out statistically

Weed advocates say this all the time, but the fact is this: chronic weed use results in paranoia and increased violence among those with pre-existing conditions, particularly those who use pot to try and self-medicate the condition.

This paper’s approach is from a public health perspective, focusing specifically on the cases of violence amongst some marijuana users. Here, we present 14 cases of violence with chronic marijuana users that highlight reoccurring consequences of: marijuana induced paranoia (exaggerated, unfounded distrust) and marijuana induced psychosis (radical personality change, loss of contact with reality). When individuals suffering from pre-existing medical conditions use marijuana in an attempt to alleviate their symptoms, ultimately this worsens their conditions over time. Although marijuana effects depend on the individual’s endocannabinoid receptors (which control behavioral functions, like aggression) and the potency level of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) in the drug, scientifically documented links between certain marijuana users and violence do exist.

Scott Krakower, DO, Unit Chief of Psychiatry at Zucker Hillside Hospital in Queens, NY, tells WebMD Connect to Care that he has observed anger in some marijuana users, especially those using high-potency cannabis preparations. “Cannabis use can be linked to anger, rage, and aggression in certain individuals,” says Krakower. “It is proposed that alterations in the endocannabinoid system may be the cause of these symptoms."

Researchers from Yale University School of Medicine and the Pennsylvania State University found a correlation between marijuana use and feelings of anger based on a sample of 43 recreational users. The 2015 study asked participants to journal angry feelings and outbursts, showing a 20% increase in hostility on days when subjects used cannabis.

The authors linked chronic marijuana use to changes in the anterior cingulate cortex (ACC) region of the brain, which helps to regulate emotional control and reactions to others’ behavior. These changes could lead to a “short fuse” and bursts of anger.

Weed advocates say this all the time, but the fact is this: chronic weed use results in paranoia and increased violence among those with pre-existing conditions, particularly those who use pot to try and self-medicate the condition.

See that’s why I’m good, trees be flowing. I do not have pre- existing mental issues. All mine are new…sleepy I’m looking at you.

My dad died last October. He was a Type A workaholic but he loved his family. I can't complain too much.
First wife left me for someone in her hometown in NY and stole our kids. Lived with a series of BF's. I did the best I could under the circumstances. Ron Jr. graduated HS and came here to go to college and Ronette moved with him and finished HS here. At some point my ex moved from Vermont to Pittsburgh "To be near her kids". They don't really want to have much to do with her though, they know the deal.
Ron Jr. visited for a while yesterday and me, him, and Mrs. B went to Primanti Bros. for sammiches.
Gonna tell my kids I had dinner with Dale Earnhardt Jr.

289442370_10221171457301588_1971333647776560069_n.jpg

My dad died last October. He was a Type A workaholic but he loved his family. I can't complain too much.
First wife left me for someone in her hometown in NY and stole our kids. Lived with a series of BF's. I did the best I could under the circumstances. Ron Jr. graduated HS and came here to go to college and Ronette moved with him and finished HS here. At some point my ex moved from Vermont to Pittsburgh "To be near her kids". They don't really want to have much to do with her though, they know the deal.
Ron Jr. visited for a while yesterday and me, him, and Mrs. B went to Primanti Bros. for sammiches.
Gonna tell my kids I had dinner with Dale Earnhardt Jr.

289442370_10221171457301588_1971333647776560069_n.jpg
Damn Ron …you have him when you were 10?