• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Healthcare vote delayed pending McCain's recovery

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
PHOENIX (AP) -- Sen. John McCain's absence from the Senate as he recovers from surgery for a blood clot has led the GOP leadership to postpone consideration of health care legislation already on the brink.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Saturday night he was deferring action on the measure as McCain recovers at his home in Arizona. Surgeons in Phoenix removed a blood clot from above McCain's left eye on Friday. The 80-year-old Senate veteran was advised by doctors to remain in Arizona next week, his office said.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-07-15-22-56-36

These ******* are supposed to represent their constituents, so if we can't have term limits, make them subject to their own legislation. In fact, if this is so great, eliminate all government health plans immediately. Make them all sign up on the portal for a healthcare plan that maps to their situation. For a senator, that would be based on $174,00/yr. or whatever their household income is. If you have a government job that pays $40K, go sign up. What a mood swing that would be from the public sector.

McCains Surgery May Be More Serious Than Thought

The statement from Mr. McCain’s office said a two-inch blood clot was removed from “above his left eye” during a “minimally invasive craniotomy with an eyebrow incision” at the Mayo Clinic Hospital in Phoenix, “following a routine annual physical.”

A craniotomy is an opening of the skull, and an eyebrow incision would be used to reach a clot in or near the left frontal lobes of the brain

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...-experts-say/ar-BBEyAAt?li=BBnbcA1&ocid=edgsp

Can't stand that ******, but I hope he recovers. Patriot and hero. Just a goofy ****** who needs to retire.

I hope his insurance does cover this type of surgery. Welcome to what put up with

I thought they could do a proxy vote if they couldn't be there.

He could have voted, then went for surgery. This is a delay tactic.....intentional.

Still not enough votes for approval. **** or get off the pot.

******* congress....