• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Heyward for a 2nd and 4th- would you take on this trade?

He was injured last year. came back early and worked his way into playing shape. No one knows how this year will go, but hopefully he is back. A healthy Cam makes any team better
For his price tag that is all we can hope for I guess.

He was injured last year. came back early and worked his way into playing shape. No one knows how this year will go, but hopefully he is back. A healthy Cam makes any team better
I understand he was injured. I also agree healthy Cam does make any team better. The big question is how much better. Good enough for day after wildcard weekend groundhog day? Or serious contender better. No one is offering a 2nd and a 4th for Cam even if the Steelers paid more then half the salary. Considering the player and the team's contending position you would have to be the village idiot to not make that deal.

From what I saw last year? I'm RUNNING to the podium for a #2 & #4...

That said, this isn't last year, we are in WIN NOW mode & I need Cam Clogging up the middle.

So you keep that 2 & 4 & talk to me before the trade deadline & we'll see where we are at aw'right?

The guys they've drafted in the 2nd? You have to make that deal. Never in a million years is that deal happening. Their defense stabilized last year with him playing hurt. They have significantly better off ball linebackers to and Benton is only going to get better. But none of that really matters because they are onion skin thin at receiver and corner. There is no way around that if you are gonna really contend.

Super Bowl winning team

Let him go out with that on his resume

Salute the nation

Boom! I’m making that move all day long. Look, this team needs quality youth and Hayward’s best days are waaay behind him now. Go with what you have on the DL this year and build for the future.
You ain’t winning anything this year with or without Hayward. Take the draft picks!

If we get the picks and whatever team picks Cam up gets his entire salary - Hell yes!

From what I saw last year? I'm RUNNING to the podium for a #2 & #4...

That said, this isn't last year, we are in WIN NOW mode & I need Cam Clogging up the middle.

So you keep that 2 & 4 & talk to me before the trade deadline & we'll see where we are at aw'right?
aw'right

I wouldn't, no. Not after witnessing what Omar has done to potentially win a championship this year. The Steelers will need to rotate their depth more this season to keep Cam healthy. He'll still give you a 50 combined and 20 assisted tackles this next season and those are still respectable numbers.

I wouldn't, no. Not after witnessing what Omar has done to potentially win a championship this year. The Steelers will need to rotate their depth more this season to keep Cam healthy. He'll still give you a 50 combined and 20 assisted tackles this next season and those are still respectable numbers.
Fantasy Land.

M-O-N-D-A-Y

Might as well ask if you would give cam up for 3 1sts and 2 2nds plus a top reciever?

There is only ONE, who could pull that off, and he’s been MIA since the Bell incident……………………….

Salute the nation

if we were not expected to make a run at the north crown i.e say Pickett was back and say Minshew or some vet like him was brought as competition.
But what I would be looking to do is adda year to Cam and try to get Leal more out there have MT and Austin have Cam mentor Leal.
I would then havily target Mason Graham and Grant from Michigan to be the long term fixture.

you trade Heyward who do you replace him with Fletcher Cox and Hasan Ridgeway.
if we are at pick 20-26 You should be looking at Kenneth Grant kis has the makings of Vince Wilfork, if not then CB like Burke and later UGA DL Nazir Stackhouse