• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Heyward for a 2nd and 4th- would you take on this trade?

From what I saw last year? I'm RUNNING to the podium for a #2 & #4...

That said, this isn't last year, we are in WIN NOW mode & I need Cam Clogging up the middle.

So you keep that 2 & 4 & talk to me before the trade deadline & we'll see where we are at aw'right?
We were in the bottom half vs the rush last year. Where will we end up with a "healthy" Cam in 2024? Top 10? Top 5?

I understand he was injured. I also agree healthy Cam does make any team better. The big question is how much better. Good enough for day after wildcard weekend groundhog day? Or serious contender better. No one is offering a 2nd and a 4th for Cam even if the Steelers paid more then half the salary. Considering the player and the team's contending position you would have to be the village idiot to not make that deal.
Again. I find myself agreeing with your well thought, non-myopic post. Cam has a signed contract. Looks like he will get his payday, and the Steelers will be better off having cam.

Well, I take you think his return will be vigorous, so top 5 rush D then?
Cam does have the screenshots that he will post once he proves his nay sayers wrong.

Again. I find myself agreeing with your well thought, non-myopic post. Cam has a signed contract. Looks like he will get his payday, and the Steelers will be better off having cam.
Our run defense as been average at best the last handful of seasons. Hopefully Cam's desire to prove his nay sayers wrong will drastically improve his run defense this coming season.....because our scheme won't be helping. The scheme will be the same as last season.

Our run defense as been average at best the last handful of seasons. Hopefully Cam's desire to prove his nay sayers wrong will drastically improve his run defense this coming season.....because our scheme won't be helping. The scheme will be the same as last season.
"The scheme" minus the proper personnel. We haven't had a real NT since Cowher added one. Tomlin refuses to add a legit NT to the team and it shows with the rush D. We were in the bottom half of rush Ds last year, again (19th). In Dick Lambeau's' time, with a legit NT, we were often such a rushing juggernaut that teams had to quit trying to rush the ball. It's much easier to defend the rush with a big Casey Hampton in there. Tomlin refuses to learn that.

"The scheme" minus the proper personnel. We haven't had a real NT since Cowher added one. Tomlin refuses to add a legit NT to the team and it shows with the rush D. We were in the bottom half of rush Ds last year, again (19th). In Dick Lambeau's' time, with a legit NT, we were often such a rushing juggernaut that teams had to quit trying to rush the ball. It's much easier to defend the rush with a big Casey Hampton in there. Tomlin refuses to learn that.
Cam with all is saved screenshots should push us up into the top 10 easily this season.

Cam with all is saved screenshots should push us up into the top 10 easily this season.
:LOL: :pound::ROFLMAO: Yea, those saved screen shots are really going to bring his play and health up. But hey, look out, if Pgh doesn't start "playing ball" with him, he's off to Cleveland! Oh no!