• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Hollywood is racist.

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score
Chris Rock called them out.

I am sure Hollywood is upset. After all, they voted for Obama. I wonder how they will respond.

Who the hell cares? I watched some American Horror Story and went to sleep early. Anyone who puts any stock in what these overpaid blowhards say needs his head checked.

I am sure Hollywood is upset. After all, they voted for Obama. I wonder how they will respond.

They aren't upset. They've known it was coming and people with white guilt would never get upset being called racist by a black person, they're more likely to feel ashamed.

I only watched a little, but every black person who appeared on that show had to say something about it. It was required.

This is probably the third year in a row I have not seen any of the nominated movies, or even heard of half of them. I even read the book Room and had no idea they made a movie out of it. I guess I've been living under a rock lately. I never see movies any more, and I barely watch TV except for football, basketball and news so I guess I'm not even seeing the ads for them.

I saw the Revenant. It was ****. One of the most overrated movies of all time.

**** Hollywood. They can cram that Oscar up their collective *****.

BET should broadcast the Oscars.

All of these "We love us" shows are stupid. Hollywood ads nothing to my life. I don't have white guilt and don't know how BET gets away with racist programing.

Happy Black History Month, y'all.

There have been plenty of black actors that deserved and won Oscars. This year there weren't any that stood out.

Here's what I do not understand. There are more Latinos than African American's, and they never say anything. Nor do the Asians who are seldom nominated.

I watched the Walking Dead.

The Hollywood elite are collectively the most narcissistic bunch of people on the planet, and the Academy awards is certainly the biggest 'pat yourself on the back' night of the year for them.

That being said, I enjoy movies and I enjoy live broadcasts on TV -- so the combination is something I like to watch.

But last night? Nothing like being preached to for 3 1/2 hours. Some of Chris Rock's performance was funny, but to keep going back to the racist bit for laughs really just made a mockery of the issue.

The perception from the overreaction is that blacks are under represented for the major awards, but until the movie studios expand their hiring practices, it's not going to change. There were definitely 'people of color' that walked away with awards, but since none were nominated for some of the top prizes - (actor, actress, supporting actor, supporting actress), there was false outrage.

I remember back in the day when Paul Newman finally won an Oscar for The Color of Money, the buzz was about his wife's campaign to get him the nomination and award.

I found this article to be very enlightening -- shows the people in power in Hollywood are so much less altruistic then they pretend to be:

http://mentalfloss.com/article/55360/why-were-oscars-created

I only watched a little, but every black person who appeared on that show had to say something about it. It was required.

This is probably the third year in a row I have not seen any of the nominated movies, or even heard of half of them. I even read the book Room and had no idea they made a movie out of it. I guess I've been living under a rock lately. I never see movies any more, and I barely watch TV except for football, basketball and news so I guess I'm not even seeing the ads for them.

Screw the Mutual Admiration Society

I saw the Revenant. It was ****. One of the most overrated movies of all time.

**** Hollywood. They can cram that Oscar up their collective *****.

Too bad..........was really looking forward to that. Book was great.

There are black actors, producers and directors that are members of the Motion Picture Academy. They can nominate black films. But they didn't and this didn't become an issue till now.

When will there be a outcry about the NBA ? We need more slow white guys that can't jump. It isn't fair, it doesn't matter who is best it just matters now what color you are. More PC bullshit.

Screw the Mutual Admiration Society

Too bad..........was really looking forward to that. Book was great.

It's still probably worth watching for the scenery alone. It was just so hyped up that I thought it was very underwhelming.

It's still probably worth watching for the scenery alone. It was just so hyped up that I thought it was very underwhelming.

Isn't it basically a re-do of that Redford movie from about 35 years, ago, "Jeremiah Johnson"?

When will there be a outcry about the NBA ? We need more slow white guys that can't jump. It isn't fair, it doesn't matter who is best it just matters now what color you are. More PC bullshit.

I've got some time to play a couple minutes every night. Has to be broken up though. One trip down there half court and I have to rest.

There is something satisfying to see liberals called out for racism. Nowhere near satisfying enough to watch that crap, but nice to read about.

Didn't watch it but I read a column today from an angry black columnist lady who was furious at Chris Rock for making light of the problems that Black people face in society. She was particularly irate about a crack Rock made where he said something to the effect that 50 years ago Blacks were worried about real problems like being hung and blasted with fire hoses. She made the comment that she almost turned the broadcast off in disgust and he should be ashamed of himself for not supporting the plight of Black people and most definitely NOT be making jokes about it.

Meh I thought he got it right... its a giant sorority. Its probably not overt "I hate black people" racism... its a subjective award in an industry where nepotism runs wild... you give it to friends and family, and unless the actors and actresses are running in the right cliques they don't get a real shot... just like if the movie they star in isn't one of the accepted genres, you got no real shot at anything...

You know what i hate more than waaaaaaaaaaaay overpaid hollywood douchebags patting themselves on the back for being good pretenders? I hate this weaponized race horseshit. It's ******* old. cry like a little ***** when you don't get your way and cry race. **** you. Get the **** over yourself. try uniting people you stupid *****. we had a president who could done just that but he chose to be a divisive ********. the rest of his pals just keep the fire burning. piss off.

Meh I thought he got it right... its a giant sorority. Its probably not overt "I hate black people" racism... its a subjective award in an industry where nepotism runs wild... you give it to friends and family, and unless the actors and actresses are running in the right cliques they don't get a real shot... just like if the movie they star in isn't one of the accepted genres, you got no real shot at anything...

The academy is an organization largely populated by old white Jewish guys. They give awards to stuff that old white Jewish guys like.