• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

How is this acceptable but when Trump gives his speech on Jan 6th they want to impeach him

This ought to get Tibs hypocritical feathers all in a ruffle. His fave, Marjorie Taylor Greene, is one introducing resolution to expel Maxine Waters.

Tibs will support Maxine staying and inciting more and more violence just because his most favoritist Congressperson introduced the legislation....

I just wrote my Congressman. Feel free to copy and paste if you'd like.

As our Nation awaits the verdict and sentencing of former Police Officer Derek Chauvin, there are many people who are poised and prepared to act violently out of frustration and anger for what they perceive, right or wrong, as a failed judicial system. Rather than calls of civility and a message of unity to allow us all to heal as a Nation, united in this tragedy, Congresswoman Maxine Waters inserted herself into the streets and called for people to "Get more confrontational". Inciting a riot from the front lines of boiled emotions is not only reckless, it's irreprehensible and casts a dishonorable shadow on the House. I'm asking that you call for the immediate resignation of Congresswoman Maxine Waters or have her charged under Article 1, Section 5, of the United States Constitution.

Further, her words are DIRECT calls for insurrection.

LOL, no they're not. She is speaking about protesting against police brutality, not overthrowing the friggin' federal government, like your main squeeze did after he lost the election.

You're stretching more than Gumby on this one.

Rep. Maxine Waters said people should be 'confrontational.' Words have multiple meanings. Confrontational can mean 'argumentative'. Look it up.

Good luck trying to make a case that she specifically called for violence. But of course that won't keep the right-wing media from losing their minds over it.

Having said that, she - and other elected officials - would be best served keeping her mouth shut about an ongoing court case. Just a dumb move on her part to come out and say anything, especially using inflammatory language that could be misconstrued and pounced on by her political opponents, as we've seen here.

Here is an article in which Rep. Maxine Waters clarifies her statement, which caused the entirety of the American right-wing to collectively lose their minds.

It's well worth a read.

In an exclusive interview with theGrio, Waters dismissed suggestions that she was encouraging violence. I am nonviolent,” she said. The congresswoman said attempts to characterize her words and suggest otherwise is nothing more than a political tactic by the GOP.

“Republicans will jump on any word, any line and try to make it fit their message and their cause for denouncing us and denying us, basically calling us violent … any time they see an opportunity to seize on a word, so they do it and they send a message to all of the white supremacists, the KKK, the Oath Keepers, the [Proud] Boys and all of that, how this is a time for [Republicans] to raise money on [Democrats] backs,” Waters added.

“This is a time for [Republicans] to keep telling our constituents that [Democrats] are the enemy and they do that time and time again,” Waters said of what she described as a Republican strategy. “But that does not deter me from speaking truth to power. I am not intimidated. I am not afraid, and I do what needs to be done.”

Further clarifying her comments on being “confrontational,” the California congresswoman said “I talk about confronting the justice system, confronting the policing that’s going on, I’m talking about speaking up. I’m talking about legislation. I’m talking about elected officials doing what needs to be done to control their budgets and to pass legislation.”

She continued, “I am not worried that they’re going to continue to distort what I say. This is who they are and this is how they act. And I’m not going to be bullied by them.”

When asked if she’s worried about potential violence on American streets if former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin is found not guilty in the death of Floyd, Waters said she is more concerned about the “disappointment and hopelessness” such a verdict would have on the Minneapolis community and Black communities across the country.

“I’m worried about the disappointment of particularly the young people and young Black males who are more and more frightened of the police, afraid to drive their cars when they see police coming and thinking that their lives will be in danger,” said Waters. “I’m afraid that it further helps to cement the feeling that somehow justice just does not work for us in America. And so whatever that causes, it will cause … I don’t know what will happen, but I know that disappointment and hopelessness is not a good thing.”

If Chauvin is found guilty, however, Waters said it would signal activists and politicians calling for police reform are “making some progress and that everything that we have done, including the protests, has led us to a point where we’re being taken seriously and we’re being treated fairly.”

This woman is inciting an insurrection. She should be impeached and removed from Congress.

I have to ask, do you know what an insurrection is, by definition?

LOL, no they're not. She is speaking about protesting against police brutality, not overthrowing the friggin' federal government, like your main squeeze did after he lost the election.

Rep. Maxine Waters said people should be 'confrontational.' Words have multiple meanings. Confrontational can mean 'argumentative'. Look it up.

Good luck trying to make a case that she specifically called for violence. But of course that won't keep the right-wing media from losing their minds over it.

Having said that, she - and other elected officials - would be best served keeping her mouth shut about an ongoing court case. Just a dumb move on her part to come out and say anything, especially using inflammatory language that could be misconstrued and pounced on by her political opponents, as we've seen here.

You're so pathetic in your attempts to spin Tibs. It really is contemptible.

On the one hand, you WILL say Trump basically told his supporters to go overthrow the whole government and start a revolution because he said to go fight....something every leader ever has said over and over, including your own beloved Obama.

Yet...when a Congresswoman says "If you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd, and you push back on them, and you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere," you will say "those aren't calls for violence.

What happened after she said those things Tibs? Congresspeople were attacked in their yards and run off the roads by other vehicles. Coincidentally, we started seeing her mobs begin to harass and attack patrons in restaurants. We saw the Republican Congresspeople surrounded and harassed needing police protection in DC last year, countless numbers of them...as they took to the streets "pushing back on them."

Of course you will deny that these new events we've seen - Congresspeople being attacked, run off of roads, harassed in restaurants and in the streets - exactly what SHE called for...as being connected...because you spin for her because she's a Democrat.

Of course she's now coming out and trying to clarify her calls for "confrontation" given there are now formal motions demanding her removal from Congress, and you will accept her clarifications. But you won't ever, ever, ever, ever accept a Republican's attempts to clarify anything they have ever said. No, instead you call for heads to roll and engage in the strongest hyperbole and exasperations you can muster.

There is no spin, none whatsoever to telling a truly frenzied mob in the streets the following: "We've got to stay on the street and we've got to get more active, we've got to get more confrontational. We've got to make sure that they know that we mean business."

She tells them to stay on the street (where a portion of them are being violent and destructive) then calls for "more confrontation."

She is inciting violence. And her words are far more dangerous than anything I can recall hearing from a US Government official in my lifetime when it comes to inciting violence. Twice now.

Mad Max has no business in her role any longer.

Last edited:

Let me clarify it for you, before you attempt to spin it.

Insurrection: a violent uprising against an authority or government.

It's that simple.

Attacking and burning Federal buildings is insurrection. It's not even a debate.
Storming Congress and breaking down the doors is insurrection. It's not even a debate.
Attacking the police and police barracks is an insurrection....

No you say?

Why yes it is.

"In the United States, state police power comes from the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution, which gives states the rights and powers "not delegated to the United States." States are thus granted the power to establish and enforce laws protecting the welfare, safety, and health of the public."

Local and state police are a Constitutionally-provided power.

So not only is attacking the police and their facilities a "violent uprising against an authority or government," it is an insurrection against the local government, the state government AND the federal government given these powers are ordained by the Constitution.

How many Federal buildings and police forces and facilities have been attacked, burned, stormed, overrun in the past 14 months or so...and by which parties?

Waters stood by the use of the word “confrontational,” saying: “The whole Civil Rights movement is confrontation.”

She's right, you know. (y)

I just wrote my Congressman. Feel free to copy and paste if you'd like.

As our Nation awaits the verdict and sentencing of former Police Officer Derek Chauvin, there are many people who are poised and prepared to act violently out of frustration and anger for what they perceive, right or wrong, as a failed judicial system. Rather than calls of civility and a message of unity to allow us all to heal as a Nation, united in this tragedy, Congresswoman Maxine Waters inserted herself into the streets and called for people to "Get more confrontational". Inciting a riot from the front lines of boiled emotions is not only reckless, it's irreprehensible and casts a dishonorable shadow on the House. I'm asking that you call for the immediate resignation of Congresswoman Maxine Waters or have her charged under Article 1, Section 5, of the United States Constitution.
I emailed my representative as well, but I live in a Republican district, so I'm betting his response will be in agreement with my concern. It would be interesting to see responses from Democratic districts, a song and dance, I'm sure.

Yes, absolutely. She should resign the split second Ted Cruz, Josh Hawley, Marjorie Taylor Greene, Kevin McCarthy, Steve Scalise, Mo Brooks, Ron Johnson, Paul Gosar, Lauren Boebert, Matt Gaetz and every single Republican resigns who voted to overturn the election result, supported the fraudulent Stop the Steal movement and helped incite a violent insurrection.
I have no dog in this fight, as I hate almost all of our elected crooks regardless of the letter behind their name and state.
However, Tibs, you do know that both ReBloodlicans and Democrips have both previously “voted to overturn the election” going as far back as 2017 for Trump’s election. Senators stood up and objected, all Dems mind you, claiming fraud and shenanigans.
And hey, these aren’t the only 2 instances. It’s been rather frequent since around the late 60s.
And this is why I LOATHE people who stand up for “their side” even when they know they’re wrong.
This isn’t JUST directed at Tibs. Anyone that is first in line to defend their party and attack the opposition, but then go mute or spin when the exact same scenario plays out are the problems.
We’re so far entrenched into gang warfare instead of holding these turds accountable.
If we spent as much time fighting against the greedy corporate shills that take bribes from lobbyists FROM ALL PARTIES that we did against one another, we could stop trying to kill one another and start arguing REAL issues with decorum and intellect.
Attack and defend people/ideals equally, regardless of the party they’re affiliated with.

“I’m worried about the disappointment of particularly the young people and young Black males who are more and more frightened of the police, afraid to drive their cars when they see police coming and thinking that their lives will be in danger,” said Waters.
Hmmm, They don't seem particularly "frightened" when they are getting confrontational and combative with police. When I get pulled over by police I am slightly nervous. So, how do I react? I listen to police directives, provide the documents they request. And obviously, since I'm still here, I haven't been shot dead. So, Maxine, spare us the "frightened" young men ****. More like emboldened ******** that have zero respect for any and all authority.

I have no dog in this fight, as I hate almost all of our elected crooks regardless of the letter behind their name and state.
However, Tibs, you do know that both ReBloodlicans and Democrips have both previously “voted to overturn the election” going as far back as 2017 for Trump’s election. Senators stood up and objected, all Dems mind you, claiming fraud and shenanigans.
And hey, these aren’t the only 2 instances. It’s been rather frequent since around the late 60s.
And this is why I LOATHE people who stand up for “their side” even when they know they’re wrong.
This isn’t JUST directed at Tibs. Anyone that is first in line to defend their party and attack the opposition, but then go mute or spin when the exact same scenario plays out are the problems.
We’re so far entrenched into gang warfare instead of holding these turds accountable.
If we spent as much time fighting against the greedy corporate shills that take bribes from lobbyists FROM ALL PARTIES that we did against one another, we could stop trying to kill one another and start arguing REAL issues with decorum and intellect.
Attack and defend people/ideals equally, regardless of the party they’re affiliated with.
We no longer are represented by statesmen (gender neutral for those offended), perhaps we never were, but now they are all clearly politicians.
And because they are politicians first and foremost, even if a bill is presented that will benefit the country as a whole, it won't be passed unless it meets the party ideology.
This works both left and right. Being a fiscal conservative, I tend to lean right, but willing to listen. The problem as I see it, it that the left has gone off the deep end and party comes first, never compromising. It wasn't always this way, but Washington DC is now a shithole, this has spread across the country, and we have no one to blame but ourselves.

Hmmm, They don't seem particularly "frightened" when they are getting confrontational and combative with police. When I get pulled over by police I am slightly nervous. So, how do I react? I listen to police directives, provide the documents they request. And obviously, since I'm still here, I haven't been shot dead. So, Maxine, spare us the "frightened" young men ****. More like emboldened ******** that have zero respect for any and all authority.
I've been pulled over several times, seems you aren't allowed to go 95 on I-80 through Ohio. However, I always had my drivers license, insurance and owners card out before the officer arrived at my window. And as it turned out, I had to follow him to empty my bank account before I was allowed leave the state. Broke, but physically unharmed.

Sure. I learned it from CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC. It means making up **** to support your political goals.

Waters stood by the use of the word “confrontational,” saying: “The whole Civil Rights movement is confrontation.”

She's right, you know. (y)

Yeah save for the context. Her spin is bullshit, you know it, you just don't have the sac to be moral and admit.

When you tell people on the street to stay on the street, to get more confrontational, to gather as crowds and get in people's faces, it is absolutely, totally, utterly NOTHING like what Dr. King asked for and led. Nothing.

In fact it is of the gravest disrespect for her to liken her calls for violence to those things that happened in the Civil Rights movement. King rolls over in his grave at that notion.

Yeah save for the context. Her spin is bullshit, you know it, you just don't have the sac to be moral and admit. When you tell people on the street to stay on the street, to get more confrontational, to gather as crowds and get in people's faces, it is absolutely, totally, utterly NOTHING like what Dr. King asked for and led. Nothing. In fact it is of the gravest disrespect for her to liken her calls for violence to those things that happened in the Civil Rights movement. King rolls over in his grave at that notion.
Dude, hate her all you want, Maxine Waters has been fighting for civil rights her entire adult life. She has a big mouth and isn't afraid to speak her mind. I know that irks you and gets under your skin. I get it. When she uses the phrase 'confrontational,' it's what Rep. John Lewis referred to as good trouble. It makes people uneasy.

You seem oblivious to the reality that African-Americans are still fighting the cause, the incessant cases of police brutality and mistreatment of African Americans is real, and causes constant fear, heartache & pain for this segment of the community. And that too, seems to make you uncomfortable, because in your immediate orbit you see no racism. That doesn't mean it's not out there, and for millions of Americans around the country, it continues to be a real struggle.

Dr. King said, 'the arc of the moral universe is long but it bends toward justice.' It shouldn't shock you there are some who won't rest until they get there, to a more equitable society. Instead of reacting negatively to it and having hurt feelings about it, you should join the fight for a better version of America.

Dude, hate her all you want, Maxine Waters has been fighting for civil rights her entire adult life. She has a big mouth and isn't afraid to speak her mind. I know that irks you and gets under your skin. I get it. When she uses the phrase 'confrontational,' it's what Rep. John Lewis referred to as good trouble. It makes people uneasy.

You seem oblivious to the reality that African-Americans are still fighting the cause, the incessant cases of police brutality and mistreatment of African Americans is real, and causes constant fear, heartache & pain for this segment of the community. And that too, seems to make you uncomfortable, because in your immediate orbit you see no racism. That doesn't mean it's not out there, and for millions of Americans around the country, it continues to be a real struggle.

Dr. King said, 'the arc of the moral universe is long but it bends toward justice.' It shouldn't shock you there are some who won't rest until they get there, to a more equitable society. Instead of reacting negatively to it and having hurt feelings about it, you should join the fight for a better version of America.
Spoken like a guy that doesn't live in this country, but gets all of his perceptions from the woke media.

Spoken like a guy that doesn't live in this country, but gets all of his perceptions from the woke media.

Spoken like a guy who lives in the country, but is so wrapped-up in his own little bubble & echo chamber, has no idea what's happening around him.

Quite literally your entire diatribe was a waste of time.

As you have read on this site, I do more to support the African American community than you've likely dreamed of in your lifetime.

That said, I'd venture to argue I know more about the Civil Rights movement and those who participated like Medgar Evars and Dr King than you.

While it isn't a competition, I know I speak the truth when I say that Lewis, Medgar and Dr. King would vehemently condemn Maxine's calls for violence. They didn't advocate violence. There's a wide chasm between calling for violence and calling to make people uncomfortable.

You trying to tie her calls for violence to the Civil Rights movement as a means of justifying her calls for violence is an insult to the movement itself. You should be ashamed for advocating said calls for violence, but you're vile...so there's no hope.

Sorry Tibs, THAT IS BULLSHIT! If Trump said the same exact thing you would be losing your ******* mind. I am not one to be this direct particularly as I consider you a friend but come on man! You are off the deep end now with this. What she did was not excusable no matter how much back pedaling she does after the **** she said about Trump. Damn man I am so ******* sick of the total and blatant hypocrisy of the left.

She said people should be confrontational. That's what she said.

You're now quite literally defending her. Public record.

No Tibs. She's said more than that and as I pointed out, the context matters. She spoke directly to violent people already assembled IN THE STREET who've been causing destruction and told them to be more active and more confrontational.

There's no confusing what she meant. None. All you're doing is trying to spin it down and make it appear Civil Rights like.

Shame on you.

Sorry Tibs, THAT IS BULLSHIT! If Trump said the same exact thing you would be losing your ******* mind. I am not one to be this direct particularly as I consider you a friend but come on man! You are off the deep end now with this. What she did was not excusable no matter how much back pedaling she does after the **** she said about Trump. Damn man I am so ******* sick of the total and blatant hypocrisy of the left.

She's a Democrat. We've long said, Hillary or Maxine or Biden himself could murder someone...and Tibs would defend it.

There isn't an ounce of morality in the poor soul.

I hear you Lebanon. My initial response was pretty clear, in this thread or in one of the other fifteen or so where Maxine Waters has since popped up, where I stated what Walters said was wrong.

I'm also suggesting I understand where she's coming from.

Have a good day, dude.