• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Hundreds Of Scientists Urge Trump To Pull Out Of UN Environmental Climate Treaty

Spike

Reaction score
Hundreds of scientists and policy experts sent a letter to President Donald Trump asking him to withdraw from a major United Nations environmental treaty ratified during the Bush administration.

More than 300 eminent scientists signed the letter to Trump, delivered Thursday, arguing he should pull out of the UN Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) because it targets carbon dioxide — a gas essential for life.

CO2 “is not a pollutant but a major benefit to agriculture and other life on Earth,” reads the petition. “Observations since the UNFCCC was written 25 years ago show that warming from increased atmospheric CO2 will be benign — much less than initial model predictions.”

"There is clear evidence that increased atmospheric carbon dioxide is environmentally helpful to food crops and other plants that nourish all life. It is plant food, not poison,” Lindzen wrote.

Increasingly, scientists are finding the world has actually greened in the past few decades largely due to increased CO2 emissions into the atmosphere. CO2 fertilization is even greening some of the world’s most arid regions.

It’s not clear when Trump plans on withdrawing from the Paris agreement, but some sources say executive orders on the matter could be coming in the next few weeks.

Obama never brought the Paris agreement before the Senate for ratification, so Trump can treat it as an executive agreement, rather than a treaty, and pull out without congressional consent.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/23/h...-25-year-old-un-environmental-treaty/?print=1

---------------------

So, the science is settled. CO2 is plant food and nothing more.

Oh my goodness. This has to be the biggest flip flop in recorded history. I never bought the **** and I have a technical community college degree. I'd love to be a PHD holder but I can't afford to. Life and all that.

It is about freaking time.

Hey, elfiePolo: better luck on your next idea for additional taxes/governmental controls.

All we ever heard was 'It's so many scientists. There's no way that they are all ...' For a long, long time I've believed that they were threatened with monstrous repricussions if they did not tow the agreed upon 'science'.

If you further read the article it kinda bursts your bubble... this letter from 300 scientists came after 800 scientists urged Trump to stay the course.

It also states that pulling out of UNFCC agreement will be tricky to pull off because it was enacted by congress under Bush, not by executive order.

The other climate agreement this article talks about, The Paris agreement, Trump could expunge with his pen because it was an Obama executive order.

300 out of 1100 is better than 0 out of 1100. It's too bad that Bush's action will be hard to undo.

Obama never brought the Paris agreement before the Senate for ratification, so Trump can treat it as an executive agreement, rather than a treaty, and pull out without congressional consent.
That's because He knew it wouldn't pass, so He implemented essentially the same things through EPA regulations. That's the problem with governing by the pen and the phone. The next guy can reverse everything.

If you further read the article it kinda bursts your bubble... this letter from 300 scientists came after 800 scientists urged Trump to stay the course.

It also states that pulling out of UNFCC agreement will be tricky to pull off because it was enacted by congress under Bush, not by executive order.

The other climate agreement this article talks about, The Paris agreement, Trump could expunge with his pen because it was an Obama executive order.

The data manipulation, and policy effects have been ongoing for a generation, such that young folks know with certainty about this subject.

A few months ago, the cry was "the science is settled".

Now 300 scientists come together to combat the wrongs they understand.

Given this is two months into a new government, and whistleblowers are just starting, one can imagine how pervasive the fear must have been during the past several years. Remember, all scientists at land grant universities are effectively federally funded.

Shame on Bush for playing into this. It is understandable that Trump will want to revamp much of the governmental departments after clear bullshit like this.

The data manipulation, and policy effects have been ongoing for a generation, such that young folks know with certainty about this subject.

A few months ago, the cry was "the science is settled".

Now 300 scientists come together to combat the wrongs they understand.

Given this is two months into a new government, and whistleblowers are just starting, one can imagine how pervasive the fear must have been during the past several years. Remember, all scientists at land grant universities are effectively federally funded.

Shame on Bush for playing into this. It is understandable that Trump will want to revamp much of the governmental departments after clear bullshit like this.

Yep.
I just posted a whistleblower link from earlier this month.

For 1500 years the consensus of the world's thinkers was that the sun revolved around the earth!

The cult of the warmists is just like that now, spewing it's "settled" nonsense.

Speaking of chaos

From rocks in Colorado, evidence of a ‘chaotic solar system’

http://news.wisc.edu/from-rocks-in-colorado-evidence-of-a-chaotic-solar-system/

-------------------------------

A new culprit for climate change is found, but it’s not of this Earth

The actual culprit for the repeated rise and fall of global temperatures might actually be Mars.

That’s right. The actual culprit for the repeated rise and fall of global temperatures might actually be Mars. That sort of thing is rather hard to square with our current debates but it all has to do with the “chaos” inherent in the orbits of the planets and how they interact with each other. The journal Nature broke the story this week and the details are contained in this release from the University of Wisconsin.

Using evidence from alternating layers of limestone and shale laid down over millions of years in a shallow North American seaway at the time dinosaurs held sway on Earth, the team led by UW–Madison Professor of Geoscience Stephen Meyers and Northwestern University Professor of Earth and Planetary Sciences Brad Sageman discovered the 87 million-year-old signature of a “resonance transition” between Mars and Earth. A resonance transition is the consequence of the “butterfly effect” in chaos theory. It plays on the idea that small changes in the initial conditions of a nonlinear system can have large effects over time.

In the context of the solar system, the phenomenon occurs when two orbiting bodies periodically tug at one another, as occurs when a planet in its track around the sun passes in relative proximity to another planet in its own orbit. These small but regular ticks in a planet’s orbit can exert big changes on the location and orientation of a planet on its axis relative to the sun and, accordingly, change the amount of solar radiation a planet receives over a given area. Where and how much solar radiation a planet gets is a key driver of climate.

GlobalTemp.gif

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/02/...te-change-is-found-but-its-not-of-this-earth/

And in other important Dailycaller news it turns out Trump is the love child of Elvis and a Bigfoot. Nice source. Holy ****.

RED ALERT! Global Cooling!

‘Phenomenal’ California Snowpack Nears Record Levels

The Sierra Nevada snowpack is close to setting records notched more than three decades ago.

Content of the snowpack up to a “pretty phenomenal” 185 percent of normal

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2017/03/01/phenomenal-california-snowpack-nears-record-depths/

I blame global warming, uhhh, climate change, uhhh, climate variation, uhhhm, global cooling, ehhhh, global-some-*******-made-up-thing-so-long-as-I-continue-to-suck-the-government-tit.

Never gets old. In 1978, these "Scientists" warned us that we were heading towards an Ice Age. 10 minutes later they told us, "Ooops, we are overheating."

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1kGB5MMIAVA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Never gets old. In 1978, these "Scientists" warned us that we were heading towards an Ice Age. 10 minutes later they told us, "Ooops, we are overheating."

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1kGB5MMIAVA" frameBorder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Science teachers peddling this scared the **** out of me with this.

Science teachers peddling this scared the **** out of me with this.

You and me both. Literally. I remember being in school hearing about this and remember talking to my mom about how we were all going to freeze to death.

GLOBAL COOLING RED ALERT!

Snow Falls on the Sahara Desert for First Time in 40 Years

First Sahara desert snow in 40 years captured in photographs

sahara-snow-1.jpg

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...lgeria-karim-bouchetata-a7488056.html#gallery

------------------------

aLLAH aKBAR!

Below Zero? Snow Covers Sand in Saudi Regions

185d00fd-e6d2-49e7-86b7-2aa91d3d1278_16x9_788x442.jpg

White and brown merged into one color as snow covered the desert sand in central and northwestern regions in Saudi Arabia after temperatures dropped below zero Celsius.

In the central city of Shakra’ and the northwestern city of Tabuk, thin layers of snow carpeted the ground.

C34BnRyWcAADBHA.jpg

https://english.alarabiya.net/en/Ne...-Snow-covers-sand-in-some-Saudi-regions-.html

Last edited: