• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

I do what I wanna do, **** it.

Why should it matter if the government monitors my internet usage or phone calls if I am not doing anything wrong? Why should it matter if the cops just come in my house anytime they want for any reason?
Sounds like the tenets of the Patriot Act....not sure what relevance it has here. Not to worry, Obama is slowly running out of time to confiscate all your guns and turn America into a Muslim caliphate. Maybe, just maybe, none of that will happen.

I only ask the question above because clearly people have different thougths on the phrase....why else would I be called a "raging lunatic" because my definition of the term is simply the prevention any interference whatsoever by the government.
Your freedom lasts - and goes only as far - as long as you're not infringing on someone else's freedoms and rights. The constitution is not an empty check to allow everyone the right to do anything they wish. Regardless of how badly some want to interpret the 2nd amendment in that manner.

Sounds like the tenets of the Patriot Act....not sure what relevance it has here. Not to worry, Obama is slowly running out of time to confiscate all your guns and turn America into a Muslim caliphate. Maybe, just maybe, none of that will happen.

The Patriot Act that was not repealed when the Dems ran both houses of Congress and the Presidency? I believe The Big O has even signed extensions and/or increases to the powers under the PA.

The gun has been called the great equalizer, meaning that a small person with a gun is equal to a large person, but it is a great equalizer in another way, too. It insures that the people are the equal of their government whenever that government forgets that it is servant and not master of the governed. When the British forgot that they got a revolution. And, as a result, we Americans got a Constitution; a Constitution that, as those who wrote it were determined, would keep men free. If we give up part of that Constitution we give up part of our freedom and increase the chance that we will lose it all.
~Ronald Reagan

If you're a law abiding citizen & gun owner, why does it matter to you if there are tighter gun control laws? Why bow down to the gun control lobby? What's at stake for you, really? If it saves the life of even a single child, why oppose sane gun control laws? Doesn't make any sense. And if you think they don't work, cause criminals will get their hands on guns anyway, then same question, why does it hurt you so much that the goverment is at least trying to do something about it? There really is no sane argument for it, hence the 'raging lunatic' moniker.

because our government can not NOT **** something up. I own guns. I like guns. I want more guns. However, I do not believe, in all honesty, that our government can even so much as run a goddamn brothel without it going bankrupt. As well, these laws will cause a small bloat in the government, then a larger one, and that will in turn increase. In essence, ALL this does is extract money from the taxpayer to give to the government for not a goddamn thing except more harassment and bureaucracy. as was said, the CRIMINAL element will always have guns. they're criminals for a reason.

I live in the Rt. 95 corridor (where something like 1/3rd of all gun violence happens - between Boston and Washington D.C.). I don't own a gun (although I kind of want a shotgun).

So to about 50% of all right wing gun advocates, I'm already against them and want their guns.

I don't mind what Obama is trying to do. Nothing he's implementing sounds against the constitution in my opinion and interpretation of the words. Nothing he's implement is really that much different than laws already on the books.

I do think we need a national right-to-carry type registration law that gets all states on the same page with regard to concealed weapons.

I don't interpret the term "arms" in the constitution to mean any/all weapon in the equivalent caliber and capabilities as the government.

I want to close the loopholes on giving guns to family members or friends, selling guns at gun shows and all sorts of ways that currently exist that get guns into hands of people that haven't passed background checks already on the books.

I am okay with gun registration on most handguns and military-style rifles. I would create "classes" of firearms with different training, registration and background checks required for each (just like you need a special drivers license for motorcycles or dump trucks or tractor-trailers).

I would like to see some buyback programs to reduce the total number of firearms in circulation. I would like to see greater punishment and prison time for doing crime with an illegal, stolen or non-registered firearm.

I want better access to mental health care and maybe some degree of "red flags" established on background checks that prohibits some mental health problems from being prohibited in owning a gun. I don't think felons should be able to own a gun. I think certain misdemeanors (like assault, road rage, domestic abuse, etc.) should forfeit your ability to own a gun for a certain amount of time (say 5 years).

I want to see gun owners be liable for crimes done with their guns if they are not stored properly or used by an immediate family member.

I would like to see more child safety checks on guns to prevent children under 6 from being able to discharge a firearm.

I don't see any problem with my opinions being legal with the constitution. None. And actually think this makes owning a legal gun that much better.

http://www.loc.gov/law/help/firearms-control/singapore.php

Why do gun laws work in other countries? For instance Singapore and South Korea have near zero gun deaths per year.
In Singapore if you have a gun illegally you face imprisonment and caning. If you commit a crime with a gun you get the death
penalty. Pretty simple and pretty effective.

In South Korea you can own a gun for hunting, but you have to store it at the local police station.

Seems to me if 30K plus Americans are dying unnecessarily by gunshot each year, the President of the United States should
be required to take action. If its not in the constitution, we better get it in there.

If you're a law abiding citizen & gun owner, why does it matter to you if there are tighter gun control laws? Why bow down to the gun control lobby? What's at stake for you, really? If it saves the life of even a single child, why oppose sane gun control laws? Doesn't make any sense. And if you think they don't work, cause criminals will get their hands on guns anyway, then same question, why does it hurt you so much that the goverment is at least trying to do something about it? There really is no sane argument for it, hence the 'raging lunatic' moniker.

I read this morning that doctors are being prompted to turn in "mentally ill" patients. The doctor-patient confidentiality is very important. You don't think that this will be twisted and manipulated for the control freaks' use? Also, SS recipients who have someone caring for their affairs will be targeted. WTH?

Why I care is that I KNOW that the government, especially the communist factions of it, would love to disarm all of us. Attacking and impeding the lawful owners is just one of their tactics. I'd like to know why judges are so quick to accept plea agreements for illegal gun criminals. This would be an effective way of reducing gun crime. But no...let's go after the law abiding citizenry. That makes a lot of sense.

I don't trust the government to have my best interests at heart because they've proven so many times that they do not. This is just another example.

Why do gun laws work in other countries? For instance Singapore and South Korea have near zero gun deaths per year.
In Singapore if you have a gun illegally you face imprisonment and caning. If you commit a crime with a gun you get the death

In South Korea you can own a gun for hunting, but you have to store it at the local police station.

Seems to me if 30K plus Americans are dying unnecessarily by gunshot each year, the President of the United States should
be required to take action. If its not in the constitution, we better get it in there.

how many of those 30k occur in gun-free utopias throughout this country?
is this in your goddamn book? i'm waiting to buy a few copies. will you autograph them for me?

how many of those 30k occur in gun-free utopias throughout this country?
is this in your goddamn book? i'm waiting to buy a few copies. will you autograph them for me?

And...how many of them are suicides? If someone wants to kill themselves not having a gun will not necessarily stop them. Why is suicide termed "violence"?

And...how many of them are suicides? If someone wants to kill themselves not having a gun will not necessarily stop them. Why is suicide termed "violence"?

ban bridges

https://grabien.com/story.php?id=44989

Montage: In 33-Minute Speech on Guns, Obama Refers to Himself 76 Times

While announcing his new executive actions on guns, President Obama spoke today about the pain of having to give speeches after mass shootings. He also spoke about meeting Gabby Giffords shortly after she was shot, and noted that she opened her eyes for the first time just an hour after his visit.

He spoke about his support for the Second Amendment, his background as a constitutional law professor, his critics, his frequent trouble locating his iPad, and perhaps most memorably, his anger when thinking about child victims of mass shootings.

If it's starting to sound like Obama made frequent mention of himself, that’s because he did.

In total, we counted 76 references to himself during his 33-minute address.

Note that in arriving at this calculation, we included mentions of "we" when he was clearly including himself as part of the plural pronoun; the many uses of "we" in referring to America at large were not included. "Me," "myself," and "our" were also included.

Did we miscount? Feel free to let us know in the comments section.

The death penalty is against human rights in this country, except Texas. Yeah let's flood the already packed jails while these ***** wait decades to be put down.

If you kill your ******* baby before it's born ******* death penalty. If you sell any kind of drug and it causes death of another person either directly or indirectly death penalty. If you spread a HIV by having unprotected sex death penalty. Hell i could come up with tons here. These liberal ***** may be onto something. who would have thought it.

I really think dear leader and all of his glorious party followers in government should lead by example and ditch those pesky security details for them and their immediate family. It's just the right thing to do. The killing just has to end.

Last edited:
Wow, PMSNBC listeners want more gun control. Color me as shocked as Captain Renault!

attachment.php

Did Chris Matthews get a tingle up his leg when he saw that?

Your freedom lasts - and goes only as far - as long as you're not infringing on someone else's freedoms and rights. The constitution is not an empty check to allow everyone the right to do anything they wish. Regardless of how badly some want to interpret the 2nd amendment in that manner.

Hence it is legal to own a gun because that does not infringe on anybody else's rights, but shooting somebody with that gun is a crime

Liberals are all fascists at heart. The funny thing is they think they are open minded when in fact, when you pin them down to it, all their ideas come down to FORCING the majority to do whatever they deem proper.