• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

I dont know what people watch

I am shocked.
I thought the O line was supposed to be improved.
How can anyone fairly judge the QB's, RB's, and WR's with this line?

We are sunk without a foundation.

I am shocked.
I thought the O line was supposed to be improved.
How can anyone fairly judge the QB's, RB's, and WR's with this line?

We are sunk without a foundation.
being improved. It is young and will have growing pains. Patience will be required. Get Jones back on the left will help him when Fautanu gets back. By years end we will see it as a strength.

As long as Pat Meyer is the OL coach and Shades is the HC there is much reason for concern regarding blocking, blocking schemes and Tomlin’s offensive “schemes” (if you can count ‘between the hash marks is lava’ as a scheme)

We are a playmaker or two short but as long as the clowns are driving the car I expect similar results to what they have achieved in the past

My biggest question is why not get a GOOD OL
Coach, especially if it’s finally time to invest in the players there? This dude is hot garbage, said he scared the crap out of me when he took over and he has fulfilled my expectations

Hot garbage is being polite. I’ve been seeking his replacement t for awhile, yet my verbal assault goes un-noticed in the Burgh———-

Salute the nation

Right, when the oline struggles it makes it difficult to assess the skill positions.
"Difficult?" More like downright "impossible." The RBs have no lanes, nowhere to run. The QBs have like one seconds to find someone open, no bueno. WRs have zero time to get open. It just doesn't work. Through downright SHAME they finally drafted some OLmen to shore up this ship but no results yet. OL coach stinks. This team only had a decent OL when Munch was here. Since? A colossal stink bucket. 3/5ths of the OL is now made up of 1st or 2nd rounders. No excuses left.

So when Wilson and fields struggle it's the oline, but last year when Pickett struggled with Canada, Pickett was the worst QB in the history of the NFL. With no line or scheme no skill players are going to look good. The line should be improved, but will need time. Jones needs to get healthy and play his natural spot and Frazier seems to be an upgrade already. Hopefully Tomlin lets smith run a real offense and not 2yrd outs every play.

So when Wilson and fields struggle it's the oline, but last year when Pickett struggled with Canada, Pickett was the worst QB in the history of the NFL. With no line or scheme no skill players are going to look good. The line should be improved, but will need time. Jones needs to get healthy and play his natural spot and Frazier seems to be an upgrade already. Hopefully Tomlin lets smith run a real offense and not 2yrd outs every play.
$50.00 says you are right

You know damned well that even if they started 0-8, they would somehow win out, finishing 9-8

Thing is, if this season would play out in this fashion as you stated. We would win the division.

But I fully expect all the Steelers problems to be magically fixed on the first Tuesday in November. Like the rest of the **** thats plaguing the country

Yes. Because you’re the only one that knows this. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄😳😳😳😳😳
I must have saw 7 articles last night about how poor Russ played. And how the competition with Fields must have gotten closer. Let's be clear I thought getting Russ was stupid and another bs trick to win 9 or 10 games. But wtf could he do last night. What could Patrick Mahomes do with that last night?

Between injury + probably being pissed at playing out of his natural position + being a pre-season game I could see why Jones is slacking out there

I must have saw 7 articles last night about how poor Russ played. And how the competition with Fields must have gotten closer. Let's be clear I thought getting Russ was stupid and another bs trick to win 9 or 10 games. But wtf could he do last night. What could Patrick Mahomes do with that last night?
Probably that's the media BS to get clicks, here the SN know the problem was originated at the OL. It is known Khaleesi

Fire Arians! I mean Haley, I really mean LeBeau, I meant to say Fichtner, but it really is Butler, Canada is the absolute worst OC ever! Fire Smith!

Definitely not Tomlin and Art. Definitely not.

I think now is a good time to remember that a year ago, Pickett had a perfect QB rating.

I think now is a good time to remember that a year ago, Pickett had a perfect QB rating.
I don't think reverse psychology works in this scenario. I think there defense will keep them in some games but they are getting beat like a red haired step child on O. If this was some misses by the Q or some dropped balls. This is no one open early against the blitz and them destroying the run on the way to the Q on play action. It's ****** bad.

I was obviously referring to your post title
Of “I don’t know what people watch” and then “I don’t know how people aren’t seeing that”. Which is what my comments were directed to. Reminds me of a Ford Fairline comment. Had nothing to do with the performance.

We got any first round fantasy prospects?

What will surely his be his crowning achievement in his NFL career…that one preseason was soooo dreamy

Now he can get on with his life’s work of being Tanner McKee’s surface holder and Hurts’ heater grabber

I don't think reverse psychology works in this scenario. I think there defense will keep them in some games but they are getting beat like a red haired step child on O. If this was some misses by the Q or some dropped balls. This is no one open early against the blitz and them destroying the run on the way to the Q on play action. It's ****** bad.
Not reverse psychology, just a reminder that the preseason is often a lousy indicator of how a team will play in the regular season. You want them to play well in preseason, but it doesn’t guarantee anything.

Hmmm, yea, this is a running team, one of which that can't run. Now what? Do you think Smith's former team in TN had this much trouble rushing ball? Why not? His 2020 club had a 2,000+ yard rusher in Henry? Think we will be anywhere close? Of course not. Now why not? Because this team is not run organized, not run with discipline. Now who's job is that? While, it's the head coach. Oh but his players love him. And why not? Virtually anything goes, it's fun! Oh, and remember when he had to stop some of the fun and games in the locker to prove a point on how serious he was about applying more discipline? Oh, that's right, that only applied to the rookies everyone else could sill play ping pong and air hockey. I mean, he's not a monster, after all. That Tomlin, what a task master! 9-8 here we come if we're lucky. And winning in the playoffs? Don't make me laugh.
Derrick Henry had 2000 yards. Wouldn't give smith too much credit for that. Smith hasn't done anything else but get run out of Atlanta after 3 embarrassing 7 win seasons.

For the first time the other night a light popped on in my head and said this team has a strong chance of being worse this year. The "upgrades" have been the biggest disappointments 2 games into the preseason. Starting with the QBs, and especially the line and the OC.

Derrick Henry had 2000 yards. Wouldn't give smith too much credit for that. Smith hasn't done anything else but get run out of Atlanta after 3 embarrassing 7 win seasons.

For the first time the other night a light popped on in my head and said this team has a strong chance of being worse this year. The "upgrades" have been the biggest disappointments 2 games into the preseason. Starting with the QBs, and especially the line and the OC.
It's a possibility but until the season starts this all means nothing, gotta see real time football to think Smith sucks and RW is done