• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

I dont know what people watch

Derrick Henry had 2000 yards. Wouldn't give smith too much credit for that. Smith hasn't done anything else but get run out of Atlanta after 3 embarrassing 7 win seasons.

For the first time the other night a light popped on in my head and said this team has a strong chance of being worse this year. The "upgrades" have been the biggest disappointments 2 games into the preseason. Starting with the QBs, and especially the line and the OC.
As discussed many a times before, a HC and an OC are 2 very different positions; one can be good at one and not at the other. There is no mystery about that. It has been well-established for years. So there is that. Smith's stop in Atl. is not proof that he can't be a good OC. TN was nearly top of the league in O when he was there. Art has made quotes on the power of being flexible and the moment you are not, you are dead. Quite different than his current HC believes.

It's a possibility but until the season starts this all means nothing, gotta see real time football to think Smith sucks and RW is done
True, but I got to wonder what all these "preseason doesn't count, it's meaningless" posters will say if this translates to crap offensive play come regular season? Is Shades too involved?

True, but I got to wonder what all these "preseason doesn't count, it's meaningless" posters will say if this translates to crap offensive play come regular season? Is Shades too involved?
It is known Khaleesi.

Not reverse psychology, just a reminder that the preseason is often a lousy indicator of how a team will play in the regular season. You want them to play well in preseason, but it doesn’t guarantee anything.
Guarentees nothing. But if you cannot block starters with reserves mixed in the preseason it's not a light switch. Like I said could care less about results. But you gotta admit tye eye test right now is ****. A 6-11 team. Their defense will keep them in but you gotta score some. He'll they aren't even getting ball to Muth. He us 1/4 of their expected real passing weapons.

Has he been fired? If not, he's probably too involved.

Guarentees nothing. But if you cannot block starters with reserves mixed in the preseason it's not a light switch. Like I said could care less about results. But you gotta admit tye eye test right now is ****. A 6-11 team. Their defense will keep them in but you gotta score some. He'll they aren't even getting ball to Muth. He us 1/4 of their expected real passing weapons.
Seems like we've never been able to fully leverage the TE in the passing game at least for this modern era where they are athletic and post people up or run by them.

Seems like we've never been able to fully leverage the TE in the passing game at least for this modern era where they are athletic and post people up or run by them.

Eric Green blew people up and blew by them as well. He was also used, but short lived.

Heath Miller, probably our MOST complete football player (TE), wasn’t featured much either.

Salute the nation

Eric Green blew people up and blew by them as well. He was also used, but short lived.

Heath Miller, probably our MOST complete football player (TE), wasn’t featured much either.

Salute the nation
He prolonged Bettis' career by helping him up just about every play. But seriously, Heath was a hell of a player

Heath Miller was GREATLY appreciated and respected by many fans

Even most of the season later fans at the stadium shouted H-E-AAA-T-H, every time the outlaw made a catch…… (Heath was retired & very respected)

Salute the nation

and now they do MUUUUUUTH still an accolade to Heath

Sounds like, just maybe, a lot of fans respected him…………………………..Heath, that is, not the poster contesting.

Salute the nation

I don't know, maybe non Steeler fans..He got an awful lot of Heeeeath chants whenever he made a play. I think whenever a TE does make a catch from here on out, someone, somewhere will say Heeeeath.
True, he did generate that, but that's mostly because it was fun to cheer. He was a great combination of a really good blocker and pass catcher. Don't see many like him anymore.

Kelce runs around like the league isn't allowed to cover him. Now I'm not expecting that. But how about half that, too much to ask?

Kelce runs around like the league isn't allowed to cover him. Now I'm not expecting that. But how about half that, too much to ask?
Yeah it's crazy how easy KC makes it look. It would be nice to see us someday get to the point where we actually use the position a lot in the RZ.

Salute the nation
Heath…one of my top 5 favorites. I respectfully disagree
that he wasn’t featured,had two seasons of over 70 receptions. Him and Ben had magic together. Definitely the go to for first downs. Big Ben’s safety net. And then was featured in the blocking schemes when he wasn’t getting thrown to. He played in an era of great TE’s and to me a case should be made for him as a HOF. Best all around TE of his era.
I am admittedly a little biased 🙂🙂

As discussed many a times before, a HC and an OC are 2 very different positions; one can be good at one and not at the other. There is no mystery about that. It has been well-established for years. So there is that. Smith's stop in Atl. is not proof that he can't be a good OC. TN was nearly top of the league in O when he was there. Art has made quotes on the power of being flexible and the moment you are not, you are dead. Quite different than his current HC believes.
You have a point, I guess we'll see what it looks like soon enough.

You have a point, I guess we'll see what it looks like soon enough.
The problem is, is that we have a HC who doesn't realize the point about being flexible to what your team has to offer and reacting to those skills that are present. Tomlin thinks you can stubbornly "stick to your plan" instead of reacting to what your team is good at. This leads to the mess that we have had the last 3 years (or more if you count Ben's last few years). We haven't won a playoff game for 7 years for a reason.

The problem is, is that we have a HC who doesn't realize the point about being flexible to what your team has to offer and reacting to those skills that are present. Tomlin thinks you can stubbornly "stick to your plan" instead of reacting to what your team is good at. This leads to the mess that we have had the last 3 years (or more if you count Ben's last few years). We haven't won a playoff game for 7 years for a reason.
Watching some of these film rooms and the game live the first two weeks, I get the sense that there have been plenty of plays there to be made only to have the OL fail or the QB not make the throw for whatever reason. Going back to the HC, I'm not sure he quite understands how to build an offensive line. It's been a disaster far too many years during his career with the only success when we had Munchak and high-level talent. We have have the pedigree on the OL right now ready to be molded, but not sure if the HC has the direction or if the OL coach is capable of maximizing their potential.

Rent free, dude. The horse is already at the glue factory.