• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

I just KNEW we weren't doing enough

ark steel

Reaction score
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...-year-olds-aging-out-obamacare-we-have-tohelp

She indicated that one of those changes is allowing people beyond the age of 26 to remain on their parents' health insurance policies:

"You know, one of the problems -- and I heard about this in Iowa -- is what happens when a 26-year-old becomes a 27-year-old and is no longer eligible to be on his or her parents' policy? That was one of the best changes in the Affordable Care Act. And the fact is that a lot of young people aren't making the income they need yet to be able to afford their own health care. So we have to look out to see what we're going to be able to do to help them," Clinton said.

Two things:

1. In the BOOMING Obamaconomy, young people aren't making enough? That surprises me. I have been assured the economy is strong;
2. What age is 'old enough'? What happens when the parents retire? Will the kids insurance be required to cover the parents, too?

This is a white peoples problem.

Jr. is still at university working on his 2nd graduate degree and it worries me so that he'll break a leg snow boarding and not have insurance.

This is a white peoples problem.

Jr. is still at university working on his 2nd graduate degree and it worries me so that he'll break a leg snow boarding and not have insurance.

The myth of equality serves to free elites from any real obligation to those who have been less lucky in life’s genetic lottery. In this view, people lacking marketable skills need only avail themselves of the unlimited educational opportunities that America provides. But this supposes that there will be many high-skilled jobs that can’t be outsourced or off-shored, and that almost all Americans have the capacity to be trained for such jobs. The first supposition is highly unlikely; the second is patently absurd.

ze9jduE.jpg

The myth of equality serves to free elites from any real obligation to those who have been less lucky in life’s genetic lottery. In this view, people lacking marketable skills need only avail themselves of the unlimited educational opportunities that America provides. But this supposes that there will be many high-skilled jobs that can’t be outsourced or off-shored, and that almost all Americans have the capacity to be trained for such jobs. The first supposition is highly unlikely; the second is patently absurd.

ze9jduE.jpg

Clearly a redistribution of the national wealth is a good solution.

ze9jduE.jpg

As Jim Quinn wisely said this morning on www.warroom.com, job training doesn't mean there will be a job when you are done training for it especially when the economy sucks..

As Jim Quinn wisely said this morning on www.warroom.com, job training doesn't mean there will be a job when you are done training for it especially when the economy sucks..
so a degree in finger painting and elementary studies may not pay off?

so a degree in finger painting and elementary studies may not pay off?

Actually he referenced the Occupy Wall Street guy who said he had $90k in student loans to get a masters degree in puppeteering and couldn't find a job.

Actually he referenced the Occupy Wall Street guy who said he had $90k in student loans to get a masters degree in puppeteering and couldn't find a job.

I already told my kids they can minor in art, theatre or basketweaving if they want. but if they want our help paying for college they have to major in something where they can actually get a job. Hate to crush their dreams but it is a huge investment these days.

http://www.census.gov/prod/2010pubs/p25-1138.pdf

For those who don't understand the labor participation rate, you can read the link. They count retired people in the base population of this
percentage. So when the number of retired people is increasing this % will continue to go down. The baby boomers started turning 65
in 2011 and many retired before that date. In 2010 the United States had 40.2 million citizens 65 or over, by 2050 there will be approx.
88.5 million. The labor participation rate has to decrease unless you greatly increase immigration or require old people to work.

This is the leading reason we are headed for a serious labor shortage. Many retirees jobs need to be filled and retirees spend a lot
of money increasing the need for services and jobs related to their demographic. Just taking the nursing profession, the current estimate
is the United States will be short 1 million nurses by 2030.

http://www.census.gov/prod/2010pubs/p25-1138.pdf

For those who don't understand the labor participation rate, you can read the link. They count retired people in the base population of this
percentage. So when the number of retired people is increasing this % will continue to go down. The baby boomers started turning 65
in 2011 and many retired before that date. In 2010 the United States had 40.2 million citizens 65 or over, by 2050 there will be approx.
88.5 million. The labor participation rate has to decrease unless you greatly increase immigration or require old people to work.

This is the leading reason we are headed for a serious labor shortage. Many retirees jobs need to be filled and retirees spend a lot
of money increasing the need for services and jobs related to their demographic. Just taking the nursing profession, the current estimate
is the United States will be short 1 million nurses by 2030.

there's just so much wrong with that...

The other missing piece from this labor participation rate is the amount of illegals that are working in the United States.
Reagan passed immigration reform that basically made illegals from zero to minimal. Since then the estimate is there
are 11 million illegal and since most of their kids are legal (born here), most of these adults are working and not included in
the labor force.

Seems like it would be smart to pass immigration reform, so these people could start paying taxes. The border issue is a joke,
since half the illegals came on valid visas. The reform bill has a visa tracking system that will track expired visas, as well as Universal
e-verify, making it more difficult for employers to employ illegals. Canada knows how to minimize illegals, they make it difficult
to work and difficult and expensive to get healthcare. Make it difficult for someone to survive by breaking the rules is how
you stop illegal immigration.

21, who pays for the upkeep of the retired folks? Is that burden greater or lesser going forward?

You must have some nice stats to show.

My kiddo originally wanted to major in Interior Design. I told her that yes, it CAN be a lucrative career....after years and years of work. She wanted to do something "creative." After she took a drafting class, she realized that Interior Design was much more involved than hanging pictures. I think she figured out that she can have a lot of artsy HOBBIES, but that she needs a real, good paying job to make it. So she decided she wants to get her 4 year degree in dental hygiene and minor in ASL. If she doesn't minor in ASL, she wants to continue to take classes in it.

Thankfully, she won't have any student loan debt...I can't be thankful enough for the GI Bill.

I didn't realize he was still broadcasting. Thanks for the unintentional heads up
He's back on a handful of stations but mostly you will have to listen online for $4.99 a month. At least they archive the show daily and I can listen later instead of getting up at 6:00 am.