• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

We are being badly misled about the Ukraine-Russia war

I think the argument that would be made is that it is being done for defensive purposes in the sense it's forcing the Russians to use reserves inside of Russia that they were intending to use in Ukraine at some point.

True.

There is some logic to that, but it seems doubtful that it will exhaust Russia's reserves enough to make it worth the costs to Ukraine.

Undoubtedly true. These maps make the point about how insignificant the Ukrainian incursion is compared to the ground they have already lost:

_133543378_belgorod_kursk_state_of_emergency_2108_640.png.webp

Yes, that tiny pocket is the Ukrainian advance.

It may end up leaving them even more vulnerable to a larger Russian offensive at some point.

Truth. This is Ukraine's Battle of the Bulge. They are looking to push far enough into Russia to force Russian troops out of Eastern Ukraine so they can try and get some sort of peace deal. The outcome is very likely the same.

True.

Undoubtedly true. These maps make the point about how insignificant the Ukrainian incursion is compared to the ground they have already lost:

_133543378_belgorod_kursk_state_of_emergency_2108_640.png.webp

Yes, that tiny pocket is the Ukrainian advance.

Truth. This is Ukraine's Battle of the Bulge. They are looking to push far enough into Russia to force Russian troops out of Eastern Ukraine so they can try and get some sort of peace deal. The outcome is very likely the same.

My guess is that they intended to gain a lot more Russian territory than they have to this point, but continue to try to push regardless.

We might be reaching the point of the war where the Ukrainians have to prioritize certain parts of the country over others, as they might be sacrificing the Donbas region to defend northern Ukraine.

The incursion into Russia might be more about providing a buffer for northern Ukrainian cities like Sumy and Kharkiv than anything else.

So when does Europe start fighting on behalf of the Ukrainians? It's not like they've had enough time.
The same time the Byelorussians starting fighting for the Russians? Ukraine just moved the fighting much closer to their border.

American missles striking the heart of Moscow. No issue at all.

President Biden appears on the verge of clearing the way for Ukraine to launch long-range Western weapons deep inside Russian territory, as long as it doesn’t use arms provided by the United States, European officials say.

The issue, which has long been debated in the White House, is coming to a head on Friday with the first visit to Washington by Britain’s new prime minister, Keir Starmer.

Putin has already said the Russians consider those weapons being used as a direct act of war because they can only be used with targeting via western satellites. The current regime are such utter morons that they are pushing us into WWIII to try and look tough.

Putin has already said the Russians consider those weapons being used as a direct act of war because they can only be used with targeting via western satellites. The current regime are such utter morons that they are pushing us into WWIII to try and look tough.
If it goes that route and we have to jump in, I believe we may see a draft to supplement the voluntary military. And you'll all the younglings that call out Trump, calling him a draft dodger, dodging the draft. I really don't see today's youth going to war. Today's youth are still infants and today's young adults are still children.

If it goes that route and we have to jump in, I believe we may see a draft to supplement the voluntary military. And you'll all the younglings that call out Trump, calling him a draft dodger, dodging the draft. I really don't see today's youth going to war. Today's youth are still infants and today's young adults are still children.
I can’t blame them on this issue. Not our war outside of the fact that we pushed NATO 1000 miles east from the German border.

Jump in? We’re already in. Just yesterday or perhaps Thursday, I heard on the radio that we were up set that Iran was giving missiles to Russia for the war in Ukraine. We’ve given Ukraine pretty much every weapon they are using from small arms to self propelled artillery to missiles to fighters. It’s ridiculous.

On a side note, there is a video of a tank being line hauled to Goose Creek, SC getting hit by a train. Happened Wednesday or Thursday. Bet you can’t guess where that tank was headed.

Jump in? We’re already in. Just yesterday or perhaps Thursday, I heard on the radio that we were up set that Iran was giving missiles to Russia for the war in Ukraine. We’ve given Ukraine pretty much every weapon they are using from small arms to self propelled artillery to missiles to fighters. It’s ridiculous.

On a side note, there is a video of a tank being line hauled to Goose Creek, SC getting hit by a train. Happened Wednesday or Thursday. Bet you can’t guess where that tank was headed.

Not a tank. It was a 155MM Paladin self propelled howitzer.