• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

We are being badly misled about the Ukraine-Russia war

G7 reaches agreement on $50bn loan to Ukraine using frozen Russian assets – reports
Reuters reports a senior US official has told it the G7 has reached agreement on using frozen Russian assets to fund a $50bn loan to support budget, military, reconstruction, humanitarian purposes.

The Russians will love this escalation to fund weapons to kill Russians

G7 reaches agreement on $50bn loan to Ukraine using frozen Russian assets – reports
Reuters reports a senior US official has told it the G7 has reached agreement on using frozen Russian assets to fund a $50bn loan to support budget, military, reconstruction, humanitarian purposes.

Yep...

They're trying hard to start World War 3 .

It's obvious this war was planned by pushing Russia to the brink. Trump had to be removed. Also, this conflcit is notable for absolutely zero statesmanship nor efforts to broker a peace settlement. Zero willingness from the West for diplomacy before the war and once hostilities began.

It's obvious this war was planned by pushing Russia to the brink. Trump had to be removed. Also, this conflcit is notable for absolutely zero statesmanship nor efforts to broker a peace settlement. Zero willingness from the West for diplomacy before the war and once hostilities began.
There's no money in peace...

Same guys bitching at Hamas won't talk to the Russians....

Same guys bitching at Hamas won't talk to the Russians....
We've come a long way from Barack mocking Romney for calling Russians greatest geopolitical threat. They count on short attention spans.

We've come a long way from Barack mocking Romney for calling Russians greatest geopolitical threat. They count on short attention spans.
Yeah. I wonder if the 80's still want their foreign policy back.

We are pushing Russia into almost all of the rotten **** they are doing. It's like we can't live in peace. There always has to be a villain, and sadly I think the US has become that villain.

Yeah. I wonder if the 80's still want their foreign policy back.

We are pushing Russia into almost all of the rotten **** they are doing. It's like we can't live in peace. There always has to be a villain, and sadly I think the US has become that villain.
They create the conflict with Russia and get to use it also to paint Trump as a Putin-enabler or plant for pursuing or suggesting any diplomatic overtures. It's like someone with OSS said back in the '40s. "there is no difference between foreign and domestic policy."

Kinda weird how the Russian issue in the Russian-speaking part of Eastern Ukraine started just a few months after the US vacated the airbase in Afghanistan.

It's fairly clear that some folks in charge of US foreign policy didn't want to affect the cash flows and profitability of those companies that supply goods from US companies into war zones.

Reactions: JMM

It's worse than that, Sojourner. Ukraine was ready to enter into a ceasefire and likely permanent peace agreement with Russia where Russia would keep Crimea (obviously) and part of the Donetsk region that voted to return to Russia, Ukraine would agree not to become part of NATO, and Russia would withdraw its troops. Boris Johnson told Zelensky that the West would pull every dollar out of Ukraine if it entered into such agreement and basically forced Ukraine to continue the war and destroy its country that way.

BJ Blows Peace Agreement

Meanwhile, an update on the glorious Ukrainian military conquest:

_133307731_before_and_after_avdiivka_130524_640-nc-2x-nc.png.webp

Yes, yes, it LOOKS like the mighty Ukrainian army - manned by people unable to flee the "recruiters" who populate their armed forces with "volunteers" found on public streets - is losing ground but that is a mirage, a feint by the military geniuses running the Ukrainian offensive.

Russia is in serious jeopardy of continuing its Westward advan ... I mean, terrible defeat!

Meanwhile, an update on the glorious Ukrainian military conquest:

_133307731_before_and_after_avdiivka_130524_640-nc-2x-nc.png.webp

Yes, yes, it LOOKS like the mighty Ukrainian army - manned by people unable to flee the "recruiters" who populate their armed forces with "volunteers" found on public streets - is losing ground but that is a mirage, a feint by the military geniuses running the Ukrainian offensive.

Russia is in serious jeopardy of continuing its Westward advan ... I mean, terrible defeat!
Don't worry. The Ukranians paid by Sleepy Creepy have all their money out of the country so they can leave anytime.

To sum up.

Provoke war with Russia who has repeatedly said they will not allow Ukraine to join NATO. So Joe pushes for them to join NATO, blows up a Russian pipeline and basically dares them to attack.

Have zero plan to win a war. Only give enough support that Ukraine can lose slowly. Keeps sending them slush fund money.

Blackrock buys up tons of Ukraine game land.

Other big corps will get contracts to rebuild.

Ukraine male population is decimated so their culture will start to die off as they Ukraine men are replaced with others.

Their con man leader gets fabulously wealthy.

Ukraine male population is decimated so their culture will start to die off as they Ukraine men are replaced with others.
Must be why I’m getting ads to “meet Ukrainian women” on my Twitter feed.

Bush league move IMO to disinvite Russian Federation athletes and we won't even talk about the cultural rot of the Opening Ceremony that made Putin look a Charles Martel figure holding the line on Western Civilization. The Olympics are supposed to be about universal brotherhood and bringing the warring factions together even though yeah the Russians and probably everyone on down to TJ Watt does whatever they can to get "designer" edges.

The West and its political and cultural intelligentsia have no interest in ending the war nor peace for reasons everyone has outlined here. The Olympics are just another sad reminder. If anything, disinvite the Covid regime for what they did in Hong Kong and LeChina James while you're at it.

It's hard to see what Ukraine's objectives are with their offensive into the Kursk region of Russia.

It doesn't seem likely that they can sustain what they're doing inside Russia , and it doesn't seem to be drawing enough Russian forces out of Ukraine to make much difference on front lines there.

If anything, it might be making it easier for the Russians to advance in eastern Ukraine, as those Ukrainian troops and weapons would probably be put to better use fighting the Russians there.

It's hard to see what Ukraine's objectives are with their offensive into the Kursk region of Russia.

It doesn't seem likely that they can sustain what they're doing inside Russia , and it doesn't seem to be drawing enough Russian forces out of Ukraine to make much difference on front lines there.

If anything, it might be making it easier for the Russians to advance in eastern Ukraine, as those Ukrainian troops and weapons would probably be put to better use fighting the Russians there.
saw this on the news while at the gym. they used drones to strike Russia.

now, i'm unfamiliar with the Ukraine manufacturing and production ecosystem, and thus unsure how a country besieged by the Russian army was able to produce enough drones to not only defend their troops but also to invade Russia.

So do we now send aid and weapons to Russia? I need to update my bingo card.

saw this on the news while at the gym. they used drones to strike Russia.

now, i'm unfamiliar with the Ukraine manufacturing and production ecosystem, and thus unsure how a country besieged by the Russian army was able to produce enough drones to not only defend their troops but also to invade Russia.

So do we now send aid and weapons to Russia? I need to update my bingo card.

Large factories are not really required to build certain types of drones, assuming one's provided with the key components.

The Ukrainians aren't cavemen. They do have some modern production capacity, though it has been damaged significantly by the war and is dwarfed by that of Russia.

They've been launching drone attacks into Russia for awhile now. They're just limited in the type of damage they can cause inside of Russia.

The ground offensive into Russia is another level of action. They're capable of going only so far into Russia, but it is technically the first invasion of Russia since WW2, and it's being enabled with US/NATO preparation, intelligence and technology.

Our tolerance for escalating tensions with Russia continues to increase, and it's not a good thing.

As I've stated before, I support providing Ukraine with the means to defend itself, but the key word is "defend."

These large offensive actions seem like a waste of the resources we're providing them, and are slowly degrading their defensive capabilities inside Ukraine.

Large factories are not really required to build certain types of drones, assuming one's provided with the key components.

The Ukrainians aren't cavemen. They do have some modern production capacity, though it has been damaged significantly by the war and is dwarfed by that of Russia.

They've been launching drone attacks into Russia for awhile now. They're just limited in the type of damage they can cause inside of Russia.

The ground offensive into Russia is another level of action. They're capable of going only so far into Russia, but it is technically the first invasion of Russia since WW2, and it's being enabled with US/NATO preparation, intelligence and technology.

Our tolerance for escalating tensions with Russia continues to increase, and it's not a good thing.

As I've stated before, I support providing Ukraine with the means to defend itself, but the key word is "defend."

These large offensive actions seem like a waste of the resources we're providing them, and are slowly degrading their defensive capabilities inside Ukraine.
That’s my point - we’re giving them money and weapons to “defend Democracy.” Not to what can also be seen or defined as “invading” another country with those monies and weaponry.

That’s my point - we’re giving them money and weapons to “defend Democracy.” Not to what can also be seen or defined as “invading” another country with those monies and weaponry.

I think the argument that would be made is that it is being done for defensive purposes in the sense it's forcing the Russians to use reserves inside of Russia that they were intending to use in Ukraine at some point.

There is some logic to that, but it seems doubtful that it will exhaust Russia's reserves enough to make it worth the costs to Ukraine.

It may end up leaving them even more vulnerable to a larger Russian offensive at some point.