• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

I miss Arnold.

Reaction score
Yes he was silly at times.

Yes, he slammed the maid and had a kid with her.

Yes, he failed on some of his promises.

But Arnie was a great politician.

1) He took public service seriously.

2) He genuinely wanted to help the state of California

3) He was always bipartisan

4) He never outright lied. Bent the hell out of the truth, but avoided being crooked

5) He was never mean. He debated his opponents with humor and respect. He didn't mock or insult

6) Outside of some outrageous "tough on crime" legislation, he never did any serious harm to the state

7) He always considered himself as everyone's Governator, not just the Republicans. He cared about people, and understood what was really important

America would be a better place if Arnold was our celebrity candidate and not the buffoonish cartoon character the Republicans are hanging around our necks. And he could probably beat Hillary.

Yes he was silly at times.

Yes, he slammed the maid and had a kid with her.

Yes, he failed on some of his promises.

But Arnie was a great politician.

1) He took public service seriously.

2) He genuinely wanted to help the state of California

3) He was always bipartisan

4) He never outright lied. Bent the hell out of the truth, but avoided being crooked

5) He was never mean. He debated his opponents with humor and respect. He didn't mock or insult

6) Outside of some outrageous "tough on crime" legislation, he never did any serious harm to the state

7) He always considered himself as everyone's Governator, not just the Republicans. He cared about people, and understood what was really important

America would be a better place if Arnold was our celebrity candidate and not the buffoonish cartoon character the Republicans are hanging around our necks. And he could probably beat Hillary.

except for that little fact that he wasn't born in America. I love Arnold but politics no good. action films? good

Somehow California survived with their celebrity leader (in fact some things got done).

I'm pretty sure America will as well.

I have never really agreed with the clause requiring you to be a Natural Born Citizen. Just because you were not born here, does not mean you can not believe in the American Dream and make this a better country for it.

Arnold is the man, except for his childlike acceptance of AGW. That disqualifies him from any serious adult office.

People forget that Reagan started as a celebrity.

And SV's comment that Arnold handled criticism with humor and grace - that is exactly what Reagan did. He did not belittle his opponent, and refused to engage in character assassination. The greatest political commercial of my lifetime is this:

Wow, not one insult at Mondale. Great, great commercial from a superb President.