• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

If/When Trump is impeached.

The real risk democrats face is mid term elections. They have to be seeing the huge rallies the president is hosting. They have to see the ridiculous strength of the conservative base. And there are STILL tens of thousands of people who consider their support of Trump something of a dirty secret. That means the polls STILL aren't accurate as lots of folks just aren't going to put themselves through the hassle of being literally bashed by liberals every moment of every day when they publicly commit.

The liberal left has created an entire 'shadow base' for Trump that they can't readily identify or campaign to. Every time they roll out some new version of "The Deplorables", they further insulate the silent base that just calmly shows that poker face and goes about their business all while fully intending to vote for Trump.

Now, going back to mid terms. If the house really does move forward on impeachment, ALL those silent Trump supporters are going to make it their personal responsibility to vote AGAINST any democrat (or republican) that supported an impeachment vote. The house could find themselves in the unpleasant situation where they won a majority during Trump's first term and LOST it in the second.

At this point, the only hope I see for the democrats is to basically pick their champion now and figure out how to make that person look at valid and electable as they possibly can. You can't win a war with Trump by going negative. He's too good at turning everything back at you. You have to find a way to truly make people believe that somehow YOUR candidate can improve the economy, education, immigration management, and foreign relations. All things that would be very difficult for democrats to do without admitting that their solutions are extraordinarily expensive to the American worker.

Warren made her "Make America Broke Again" move by promising to tax big business, employers, and banks.

First, Elizabeth Warren can't push ANY tax reform through herself. She needs the votes in the house and senate. And assuming she is really planning on going after the folks who pay the most in lobbying money, odds are she won't get much accomplished.

Second, even if she DID get the votes, by taxing big business, employers and banks all she's doing is HIDING the tax to every single American who either has to work for a living or use a bank.

Does she honestly believe that if my brewery is taxed an additional 7% I'm not going to have to carry that over to every single one of my employees? Does she think Amazon and Google and Facebook are just going to go ahead and pay up? At what point is it more sensible from a profit/loss standpoint to just move the company to South America? They're tech companies. They don't NEED to be headquartered in San Francisco folks.

Does she believe that if she increases taxes on banks that those increases aren't IMMEDIATELY going to result in a hike in interest rates? Really? You think a bank is going to sit down at their board of director meeting and say, "Well, I guess we have to pay an extra 8% on our interest accounts. Everybody better tighten their belts, by golly!" Hell no. If banks are taxed an additional 5%, interests rates will increase by enough points not only to cover that, but to make an even BIGGER profit to drive investment and growth. And that comes out, at the end of the day, on folks who are trying to buy their new house or an uptick in the dreaded "variable interest rate" on their loans and credit cards.

It's laughably transparent and only the most stupid people would fall for it.

What amazes me is that anyone, especially the media, is willing to run interference for a political party that will take away your rights and tax you into poverty or out of business. I just don’t understand it.

Well, at least they are completely fair on racial issues, love protecting private health insurance, and support and protect your constitutional right to own weapons.

Wait ...

Instead of actually doing their jobs reviewing policy matters, they have alienated anyone who voted Trump with this bullshit. They aren't beating Trump playing this game. John Durham will speak soon enough, with his criminal investigation into the bullshit Russia hoax

I just wonder how good of job Trump could be doing if he didn't have to deal with this bullshit

I just wonder how good of job Trump could be doing if he didn't have to deal with this bullshit

They would actually get legislation passed, USMCA would be signed and the economy would be doing even better than it is right now. He needs to fully drain the swamp.

It's not about impeachment or Republican defection. It's about hurting his re-election chances.

Whether this rallies Trump's base, is another point..

Getting more on board every day!

hahahahahaha

trumpsuzuki_100419getty.jpg

Nationals' Suzuki dons 'MAGA' hat, gets Trump hug at White House rally

They would actually get legislation passed, USMCA would be signed and the economy would be doing even better than it is right now. He needs to fully drain the swamp.

******* Obama had the media licking his ball sack, Congress battling the media for Obama ball-time, a compliant and shivering (R) party as "opposition," was not investigated despite using the IRS as a political weapon and the fact that he illegally sold guns that wound up killing a border agent, and he sucked the chrome off a trailer hitch.

Trump has been attacked by the media since before he took office, had flaccid (R)INO "support" for two years, endured endless investigations of nothing, and has re-worked our trade deals, stood up to China, has a roaring economy, almost invisible unemployment, exploding wealth among ALL Americans (ever hear of home value and private pensions, stupid-**** (D)ims??), and the best record for a first-term President since Reagan.

Warren made her "Make America Broke Again" move by promising to tax big business, employers, and banks.

First, Elizabeth Warren can't push ANY tax reform through herself. She needs the votes in the house and senate. And assuming she is really planning on going after the folks who pay the most in lobbying money, odds are she won't get much accomplished.

Second, even if she DID get the votes, by taxing big business, employers and banks all she's doing is HIDING the tax to every single American who either has to work for a living or use a bank.

Does she honestly believe that if my brewery is taxed an additional 7% I'm not going to have to carry that over to every single one of my employees? Does she think Amazon and Google and Facebook are just going to go ahead and pay up? At what point is it more sensible from a profit/loss standpoint to just move the company to South America? They're tech companies. They don't NEED to be headquartered in San Francisco folks.

Does she believe that if she increases taxes on banks that those increases aren't IMMEDIATELY going to result in a hike in interest rates? Really? You think a bank is going to sit down at their board of director meeting and say, "Well, I guess we have to pay an extra 8% on our interest accounts. Everybody better tighten their belts, by golly!" Hell no. If banks are taxed an additional 5%, interests rates will increase by enough points not only to cover that, but to make an even BIGGER profit to drive investment and growth. And that comes out, at the end of the day, on folks who are trying to buy their new house or an uptick in the dreaded "variable interest rate" on their loans and credit cards.

It's laughably transparent and only the most stupid people would fall for it.

Her base is full of stupid.

Does she honestly believe that if my brewery is taxed an additional 7% I'm not going to have to carry that over to every single one of my employees? Does she think Amazon and Google and Facebook are just going to go ahead and pay up?

Yes, I think that Pocahontas like most Liberals honestly believes that every business both large and small is sitting on a pile of money that they're not sharing with the workers and the government. I dealt with a lot of people like that when I had my cleaning company.

Anyone notice that the current media tactic is to claim that Trump is booed everywhere he goes.

Started with the world series, and I think it was OFTB that said she was there and it was equal cheering as well as heckling.

Seems like everywhere he's gone this week the talking heads are pushing the boo factor.

Getting more on board every day!

hahahahahaha

trumpsuzuki_100419getty.jpg

Nationals' Suzuki dons 'MAGA' hat, gets Trump hug at White House rally

And yet all I've seen covered is the jackass, can't remember his name, that refused to go.

Word is Trump will be attending the Alabama / LSU game in Tuscaloosa!

SEC loves Trump!

And yet all I've seen covered is the jackass, can't remember his name, that refused to go.

Sean Doolittle. Pitched all of 60 innings this season with an ERA north of 4. Gotta be relevant somehow I guess.

Anyone notice that the current media tactic is to claim that Trump is booed everywhere he goes.

Started with the world series, and I think it was OFTB that said she was there and it was equal cheering as well as heckling.

Seems like everywhere he's gone this week the talking heads are pushing the boo factor.

Polling by boos. The new political science.

and we don't need no stinking Hollywood

UFC Champ Colby Covington Sports MAGA Hat and Pulls Out Don Jr.’s Book at Pre-Fight Press Conference

colby-triggered.jpg

and we don't need no stinking Hollywood

UFC Champ Colby Covington Sports MAGA Hat and Pulls Out Don Jr.’s Book at Pre-Fight Press Conference

colby-triggered.jpg

He will be banished and shunned from any appearances or endorsements. The elite will make him pay for supporting Trump in public.

It's that whole freedom of speech thing that is a one way street for Demorats.

******* Obama had the media licking his ball sack, Congress battling the media for Obama ball-time, a compliant and shivering (R) party as "opposition," was not investigated despite using the IRS as a political weapon and the fact that he illegally sold guns that wound up killing a border agent, and he sucked the chrome off a trailer hitch.

Trump has been attacked by the media since before he took office, had flaccid (R)INO "support" for two years, endured endless investigations of nothing, and has re-worked our trade deals, stood up to China, has a roaring economy, almost invisible unemployment, exploding wealth among ALL Americans (ever hear of home value and private pensions, stupid-**** (D)ims??), and the best record for a first-term President since Reagan.

They haven't voted on the USMCA yet. Its being held up by Pelosi. All they have to do is vote and the damn thing would pass. Instead we have another investigation because the previous investigations have all failed, like this one will.

Horror on the Today Show! Trump Voters Stun NBC

Morgan Radford. They sent her down to Florida. It’s becoming comical now, folks. Literal horror on the Today show today. The correspondent came to Florida, interviewed Trump voters, cannot find any who have abandoned Trump, and they even love Donald Trump the person! Everything the media has attempted to create in terms of public opinion against Trump isn’t happening.

RADFORD: Show of hands, how many of you voted for the president back in 2016? (nine voters all put their hand up) And how many of you plan to vote for him again in 2020? (nine voters all put their hand up again) All of you. You’re raising both hands. Would you say your support for the president now is more or less than it was when you first voted for him?

VOTERS: It’s more. More. A lot more.

RADFORD: More. And has the impeachment inquiry changed anything?

MALE VOTER 1: What inquiry?

FEMALE VOTER 1: It’s strengthened my love for him.

MALE VOTER 2: It’s galvanized our support.

RADFORD: So you support him more now.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2019/11/05/horror-on-the-today-show-trump-voters-stun-nbc/

650-072017-Silent-Majority-TRUMP.jpg

Horror on the Today Show! Trump Voters Stun NBC

Morgan Radford. They sent her down to Florida. It’s becoming comical now, folks. Literal horror on the Today show today. The correspondent came to Florida, interviewed Trump voters, cannot find any who have abandoned Trump, and they even love Donald Trump the person! Everything the media has attempted to create in terms of public opinion against Trump isn’t happening.

RADFORD: Show of hands, how many of you voted for the president back in 2016? (nine voters all put their hand up) And how many of you plan to vote for him again in 2020? (nine voters all put their hand up again) All of you. You’re raising both hands. Would you say your support for the president now is more or less than it was when you first voted for him?

VOTERS: It’s more. More. A lot more.

RADFORD: More. And has the impeachment inquiry changed anything?

MALE VOTER 1: What inquiry?

FEMALE VOTER 1: It’s strengthened my love for him.

MALE VOTER 2: It’s galvanized our support.

RADFORD: So you support him more now.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2019/11/05/horror-on-the-today-show-trump-voters-stun-nbc/

650-072017-Silent-Majority-TRUMP.jpg

I remember seeing something yesterday from Fox News that said republicans are abandoning Trump? Must of come from one of their stupid polls.

I remember seeing something yesterday from Fox News that said republicans are abandoning Trump? Must of come from one of their stupid polls.

Perhaps they were talking about Sondland?

Perhaps they were talking about Sondland?

Was that before or after he changed his mind? I think with that guy, you can find anything you want.

"I love Trump. No quid, no pro, no quo." /s Gordon Sondland

"I hate Trump. Quid, pro and plenty of quo." /s Gordon Sondland

Losing in Kentucky via narrow margin has a lot to due with the impeachment talks. Not a good sign.

Losing in Kentucky via narrow margin has a lot to due with the impeachment talks. Not a good sign.
No Coach, it doesn't have anything to do with it at all. Just like I told Tibs look at all the results in KY then get back to me. I live in the TV Market for Northern KY and the News covers it closely. Bevin is just an arrogant ****. Trump is the only reason it was even close. The Republicans won everything else in landslides including the first black attorney general.

No Coach, it doesn't have anything to do with it at all. Just like I told Tibs look at all the results in KY then get back to me. I live in the TV Market for Northern KY and the News covers it closely. Bevin is just an arrogant ****. Trump is the only reason it was even close. The Republicans won everything else in landslides including the first black attorney general.

Just to add to this... a libertarian ran as well and pulled thousands of votes from Bevin.