• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

I'm trying to eat over here!

Hey Farva,

All jews had to do at first was wear the Mogen David. It escalates slowly. You let the government get away with one bad law then they pass another and another until you have tyranny.

I understand history and I understand how the Nazis lulled a populace into buying their ideology. I just consider it a huge leap at this point to believe we are headed there. You know me well enough by now to also know that if such a reality were to occur I would be fighting it from the trench right next to you.

That wasn't really the part of your post that I wanted to address anyhow.....it was the part where you stated "Its important to remember that just because a law is on the books does not mean it is moral or ethical." I agree.....there are many laws that fall under the immoral and unethical heading, imo. I'm still a proponent of working through legal channels to achieve changes to or elimination of those laws though and I guess because of the context of this thread I (probably wrongly) ascribed a different meaning to that part of your post. IOW, I may have assumed you to be advocating resisting arrest as a means of protesting such laws. I apologize if I had you wrong.

You know, conservatives threw fit.. after fit... after fit following Waco and Ruby Ridge. Because the government killed white people. But when the government kills Black people, conservatives almost universally defend the government's action.

Reason 2,034,048 why I'm a Civil Libertarian. I just don't understand you people.

Pretty sure volumes could be filled with the things you don't understand.

The officer protests, turning their backs on the mayor during the funerals, proves they are in business for themselves and not the community. Whaaa....?There was ZERO OUTRAGE by NYPD cops over their killing of Garner. You know this how?In fact, they defended it. But when those chickens come home to roost, they act more like a street gang or a criminal organization than a professional law enforcement entity.

See, the phrase "chickens come home to roost" connotes that there is some past grievance on behalf of the dead police officers for which retribution is finally being paid. Do you know something the rest of us don't that would cause you to say their deaths are deserved? Pretty sure you don't and are just parroting that colloquialism which has been in the news quite a bit in the not too distant past. The rest of your post is incomprehensible effluent.

And it's not like the NYPD has a stellar record, either. Ever seen Serpico? The history of graft, violence, and moral corruption in the NYPD is legion. It's way past time to clean house and start over. Mass firings like Rampart, and the abolition of these "special crime" task forces who's primary job is to harass and abuse citizens who reflect light incorrectly.

I think that is because you are not half as smart as you think you are.

.....and transparent as Saran wrap.