• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

impeachment debate today

There is no impeachment until the court in the Senate receives the paperwork, until then there's nothing to even talk about

But it will get talked about and it will get brought up ad nauseam until it becomes "true" in the minds of voters. What better way to impact his re-election bid than having him embroiled in a trial defense? Negative imagery on screens all over the world is better than any paid for TV or Radio ad. I suspect the average voter believes what the talking heads tell them is true over giving actual critical thought to a candidate and their vote.

Of course, it isn't just the President impacted either...how many Senator re-election campaigns can be interrupted by forcing said Senator to be in Congress rather than running their re-election campaign?

Of course, I am sure this is me just putting on a tinhat again. No Politician would ever abuse the system for political gain. They have way too much respect for us voters and this country for those kinds of shenanigans.

Pelosi, Schiff, John Kerry and Biden all have sons/daughters working for Ukrainian gas companies. Why doesn't the media tell the viewers?

The Senate does NOT need to wait for the articles of impeachment from the House to conduct the trial.

Article I, Section 3: “The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments." SOLE POWER.

******* liberals love the Constitution ... until they don't.

This is their only move left. They know they have nothing. They know any type of trial in the Senate will only further poke holes in the little that they have. Then Trump will be acquitted by the Senate.

Their only move is to stop right here and claim victory on the impeachment. Most people don’t understand impeachment and think that’s the final result in itself. They think impeached = guilty. It’s merely the first part of the process like and indictment in court. They can’t afford the public finding out that impeachment does not mean guilty. They want to be able to tell their constituents that they got him, mission accomplished.

They will now play the victim card and have the media help them lie to people and make it seem like the Republicans are doing something wrong in the process.

Only one thing to do now, attack!

GOP chairmen seek interview with Obama officials as part of Biden-Ukraine probe

Three Senate GOP chairmen are requesting interviews with five Obama administration officials as part of their investigation into the Bidens and Ukraine.

Sens. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) and Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) — who chair the Judiciary, Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs and Finance committees, respectively — are asking for a response to their request by Dec. 23.

“These interview requests continue the chairmen’s oversight efforts ... related to potential conflicts of interest and political influence by Ukrainian elements, including the natural gas firm Burisma, which employed Hunter Biden as a board member while his father was vice president and the public face of the Obama administration’s handling of Ukraine,” according to a release from the three senators.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate...with-obama-officials-as-part-of-biden-ukraine

Pelosi, Schiff, John Kerry and Biden all have sons/daughters working for Ukrainian gas companies. Why doesn't the media tell the viewers?
That is a list of nepotism that should be forwarded for both sides.

Include family, former workers, donor, donor families, etc.

Correlate them to center of influence and cash flow.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Steeler Nation mobile app

But it will get talked about and it will get brought up ad nauseam until it becomes "true" in the minds of voters.

ha ha - turn off CNN!

Dems are failing miserably

Dow, S&P 500 and Nasdaq set record intraday highs as investors shrug off Trump impeachment

Stocks rose Thursday to record levels, with the Dow gaining more than 100 points, unfazed by President Donald Trump’s impeachment late Wednesday by the House of Representatives and finding support in the interim U.S.-China trade deal and the global economic outlook.

All three major benchmark stock indexes set new intraday highs Thursday.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/s...rush-off-impeachment-2019-12-19?mod=home-page

Only one thing to do now, attack!

You sure?

poreshenko-and-graham.jpg

Wajath1.jpg

ha ha - turn off CNN!

Dems are failing miserably

Dow, S&P 500 and Nasdaq set record intraday highs as investors shrug off Trump impeachment

Stocks rose Thursday to record levels, with the Dow gaining more than 100 points, unfazed by President Donald Trump’s impeachment late Wednesday by the House of Representatives and finding support in the interim U.S.-China trade deal and the global economic outlook.

All three major benchmark stock indexes set new intraday highs Thursday.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/s...rush-off-impeachment-2019-12-19?mod=home-page

I don't watch CNN. In fact, I don't watch TV News at all.
Anyway, I was simply making the point that Politicians* like to keep repeating things over and over until people in the echo chamber take it for truth. Seems to me that is the only 'value' to the Dems at this point since there is no way they can win in the Senate. I haven't followed this very closely but some of what I see suggests a good many Dems should be concerned about their own exposure in the Ukraine.

*not just politicians actually. Lots of people are subject to echo chamber and group think, but politico's know how to use it as a tool.

The Senate does NOT need to wait for the articles of impeachment from the House to conduct the trial.

Article I, Section 3: “The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments." SOLE POWER.

******* liberals love the Constitution ... until they don't.

Bingo! The House is trying to dictate to the Senate. That's laughable.

What was Hunter Biden doing on the board of a Ukrainian energy company?

The People demand answers

The Chief Justice obviously presides though, right? And if they do hold the articles, I heard the President has some sort of ability to get the Supreme Court involved -- but they made it sound like only the Supreme Court has any power in that instance. I probably know diddly squat on constitutional law compared to you but that's just what I heard.

The Chief Justice obviously presides though, right? And if they do hold the articles, I heard the President has some sort of ability to get the Supreme Court involved -- but they made it sound like only the Supreme Court has any power in that instance. I probably know diddly squat on constitutional law compared to you but that's just what I heard.

To me this can be interpreted in 2 ways.

1) The president has to be impeached by the house first then the Senate has sole power just to try the impeachment. Which may or may not mean they need the articles to actually start the trial.
2) The senate can do whatever it wants regardless of the house.

I know 0 about constitutional law, but the way that is worded is open for interpretation

relax

McConnell: Holding Articles Of Impeachment Gives Pelosi No Leverage

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) says Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s (D-Calif.) strategy of holding articles of impeachment in the House rather than sending them to the upper chamber won’t put any pressure on him to agree to a rules package for the Senate trial.

“It’s beyond me how the Speaker and Democratic leader in the Senate think withholding the articles of impeachment and not sending them over gives them leverage,” McConnell told reporters after criticizing the House impeachment effort in a lengthy floor speech.

“Frankly, I’m not anxious to have the trial. If she thinks her case is so weak she doesn’t want to send it over, throw me into that briar patch,” McConnell added.

He also mocked House Democrats as being afraid to submit their two articles of impeachment to the Senate.

“The prosecutors are getting cold feet in front of the entire country and second-guessing whether they even want to go to trial,” he said.

“They said impeachment was so urgent that it could not even wait for due process but now they’re content to sit on their hands. It is comical.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate...icles-of-impeachment-gives-pelosi-no-leverage

The Chief Justice acts as the judge in a jury trial. The CJ will rule on objections and the admissibility of evidence pursuant to the rules given him.

Most people don't know that in a jury trial, the judge's role is quite limited. He or she rules on objections, pre-trial motions, and that's it. The decision as to whom to believe, who wins, etc. is made by the jury, not the judge. When I am in trial and presenting the case or defending when the other side is presenting, the judge is reading law and motion for tomorrow's calendar, doing research on another case that is coming up for summary judgment, setting her schedule, etc.

The only time the judge even pays attention to the trial is before the start of evidence each day, asking, "Any issues the court needs to address?", to which the answer (by competent counsel) is, "No," and when an objection is raised. When an objection is raised, the judge will look away from her computer, go to a second computer with the transcript, called "Real Time," and rule on the objection. She then goes right back to work on other cases.

And the Supreme Court has NO ROLE in the process, other than the CJ acting as the judge. And by that I mean, NO ROLE. The Senate holds the sole power to conduct the trial. Article I, Section 3: “The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments." SOLE POWER.

Last edited:
This makes it clear.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">What in the absolute hell did I just watch? &#55358;&#56614;*♂️ <a href="https://t.co/SUiwVYmAmi">pic.twitter.com/SUiwVYmAmi</a></p>— M3thods (@M2Madness) <a href="https://twitter.com/M2Madness/status/1207699372055711744?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 19, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This makes it clear.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">What in the absolute hell did I just watch? ��*♂️ <a href="https://t.co/SUiwVYmAmi">pic.twitter.com/SUiwVYmAmi</a></p>— M3thods (@M2Madness) <a href="https://twitter.com/M2Madness/status/1207699372055711744?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 19, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I understand it fully. It means Nancy has had her vokda gimlet a little early today.

The Chief Justice acts as the judge in a jury trial. The CJ will rule on objections and the admissibility of evidence pursuant to the rules given him.

Most people don't know that in a jury trial, the judge's role is quite limited. He or she rules on objections, pre-trial motions, and that's it. The decision as to whom to believe, who wins, etc. is made by the jury, not the judge. When I am in trial and presenting the case or defending when the other side is presenting, the judge is reading law and motion for tomorrow's calendar, doing research on another case that is coming up for summary judgment, setting her schedule, etc.

The only time the judge even pays attention to the trial is before the start of evidence each day, asking, "Any issues the court needs to address?", to which the answer (by competent counsel) is, "No," and when an objection is raised. When an objection is raised, the judge will look away from her computer, go to a second computer with the transcript, called "Real Time," and rule on the objection. She then goes right back to work on other cases.

And the Supreme Court has NO ROLE in the process, other than the CJ acting as the judge. And by that I mean, NO ROLE. The Senate holds the sole power to conduct the trial. Article I, Section 3: “The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments." SOLE POWER.

what if the CJ declares that this impeachment is actually a tax, so the house has jurisdiction?

This makes it clear.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">What in the absolute hell did I just watch? ��*♂️ <a href="https://t.co/SUiwVYmAmi">pic.twitter.com/SUiwVYmAmi</a></p>— M3thods (@M2Madness) <a href="https://twitter.com/M2Madness/status/1207699372055711744?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 19, 2019</a></blockquote>

Holy mother of pearl. She's drunk on the job. What the heck?

Drunks like her and Hillary Clinton have no credibility. In fact, a drunk anywhere has no credibility.

80416602_10215775392003328_174335385424363520_n.jpg