• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Initial Thoughts game 2

I'm not blaming Broderick. I'm blaming the coaches.

That will be a popular theme this year, I’m afraid (not living in my fears though).

Keeping the OL coach will and is, a mistake.

Salute the nation

Is it me or does everyone seem scared to throw the ball downfield? When they did have time,nothing.

Some dumb play calling in short yardage situations. They can't even fool 3rd&4th stringers with it.
It’s all Tomlin, he is extremely risk adverse, always has been.

NOTHING will change until the HC changes, and when the owner refuses to make the change, you get to enjoy this every year.

Last edited:
To anyone saying the games don't matter. Watch the teams that will be in the mix at the end of the year. KC, San Fran, Detroit, Houston, Buffalo, Baltimore. It doesn't matter the 17-10 score and which side of it your on. It matters what your starting units look like. Can you establish the LOS. Can your receivers win on their routes. Can you stop the run. Do you get pressure without sending 6. These things matter. Those teams look ready. Do the Steelers? Would Mike Tomlin honestly say this team looks ready?

I don't care if the playcalling is bland. It's supposed to be in preseason. I'd rather force the team to execute than to bail them out with a few schemed up plays vs backups to make the offense look good.

The QBs have been good. Rus looked good. He was under pressure a lot and still completed 8/10 with a near miss on a big play to Pickens. Allen was good last week and is as good as you could hope for a #3 QB.

Fields is up and down. The problem with fields is that the Urban Meyer offense at OSU was very simple for the QB. We see the same issues with air raid type QBs. They get used to throwing to guys open by 10 yards. Fields was always a project and he landed with the dysfunctional Bears. Their scheme was garbage and they had no weapons for him.

Fields is still a project and he has gotten better. He's slow to read defenses but that's an improvement over him barely reading them at all.

This OL needs to get their act together quickly. Look at the schedule. They have to win at least 5 of the first 9. More realistically, they need to win 6 of the first 9 because the final 8 games are brutal.
Wilson didn't look bad, Fields has looked hot and cold. He doesn't process quickly enough but man he has wheels. Guy has 1 less 100 yard rushing games as Harris in 13 fewer starts. Just let him run it. It's what he does best.
He has an arm but he misses guys in coverage and is not the most accurate. I see him playing great then losing games because he just can't take care of the football.

It’s all Tomlin, he is extremely risk adverse, always has been.

NOTHING will change until the HC changes, and when the owner refuses to make the change, you get to enjoy it his every year.
Yeah ,I know. I get wishful thinking every year about this time. This is the year things really change....then this happens.

I wanna email Art II and tell him if he's serious about winning he needs to pay Munch to come back.

Munchek or a very qualified OL coach. This current OL coach has less than written all over himself.

Salute the nation

I wanna email Art II and tell him if he's serious about winning he needs to pay Munch to come back.
He's not a serious person nor are the Tomlin-apologists. They'll all be voting for Harris in November during another complete waste of a season. I don't know who I dislike more.........Tomlin or his apologists.

OL- Jones needs to stay and develop at LT. I don't even care if Moore ends up starting over him. He is a natural LT trying to learn to be a RT just so the team can move him back to LT. Just keep him where he will play.
Moore actually has looked good at LT. I don't know if it because how bad our two first round picks have looked at RT or if he actually has finally gotten it. It would be our luck we finally develop a LT and he ends up leaving in free agency.
Frazier looks like he should develop into a solid starter sooner than later. I already see him as an upgrade over Mason Cole.
McCormick is a lot like Frazier here he looks solid and I think he will sooner than later be a good starter.
Daniels still our best lineman and he like Moore will be gone next year.

WR- Pickens is still a stud. That one handed grab on the sideline was a completion. He still needs to get better at route running but the hands are undeniable.
I think a Jefferson and Austin combo could be enough to keep teams honest on Pickens. If our QB gets a little help from the line.

TE- Washington looks good so far blocking. Expected more TE involvement with Smith as OC but so far doesn't look like it.

QB- Fields has great feet and reminds me of Kordell Stewart. Probably never going to be an NFL QB but could be a nice gadget player. They need to let him escape the pocket more to slow down pass rushers. He also was lucky DeQuan Hardy didn't pick him off twice. Really loved Hardy in the draft wish he was a Steeler. Wilson probably can get enough done if we can give him 3 solid seconds to throw.

DL- Looks like a pretty stout unit and we will need it.

Edge- Herbig looks like a steal.

DB- Trice should start opposite of JPJ.

I seem to be having trouble posting tweets, but I am almost certain we lost our punter for the year🫤

I seem to be having trouble posting tweets, but I am almost certain we lost our punter for the year🫤