• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Initial Thoughts on cowboy Game

I'm angry and I'm tired of seeing this same **** offense do nothing. It has no timing to it at all. A lot of time to throw today and nothing.

The defense got carved up all day. They did get a couple turnovers. They'll need to score touchdowns with them because the offense won't do **** with it.

Unfortunately, I watched that a good portion of that Rats / Bungles game and both offenses had some GoJo to it. Timing, especially Burrows play, was evident and NOTHING like our pedestrian scheme of an offense. Why can't we get shiot going and not play so lethargic all the time.? I know the answer, it's the one constant that's been here forever.

Salute the nation

8. Tomlin. What is there to say? I need help here because I've run out of ways to describe his ineffectiveness as a head coach.

PS I still think this every time the camera shows him walking around aimlessly on the sidelines with that headset on ... "He's listening to Kool and The Gang."

Unfortunately, I watched that a good portion of that Rats / Bungles game and both offenses had some GoJo to it. Timing, especially Burrows play, was evident and NOTHING like our pedestrian scheme of an offense. Why can't we get shiot going and not play so lethargic all the time.? I know the answer, it's the one constant that's been here forever.

Salute the nation
I had nothing going on and watched it too. I just kept shaking my head as both O's looked really motivated - and fast. The points on the board for both reflected that.

Tomlin just won't break from what he believes wins games, and that's to be conservative and not have turnovers and let the D handle it. Points on the board reflects that too. (I know you know that) ;) But, he's ours so we have to live with it.

Our defense is to overrated. Dallas punted once. They drove the field all night long, only the turnovers caused us not to get beat badly. Way too many yards after catch and touch. Thy had receivers wide open most of the game. Look how many third downs they converted. I get the offense is not what the fans what. The defense has to get off the field for the offense to get on. We had the lead twice and the defense gave that up. Everyone is down on Fields, lord he is getting butt beat up running and getting hit behind the line of scrimmage Harris is giving it his all when no place to run. Receivers just do not seem to get open and then drop balls that should have been caught. Those turn overs gave the offense no field position except maybe one at the thirty five. Once more I get Fields may not be accurate in many on this site eyes. First long pass was right there and Heyward dropped it. The pass to Washington was high but he is a big dude and replay showed once more through his hands. I forget the receiver late in game caught the ball did not hold on to it, you cannot blame Fields for everything. Same way with Smith no running backs mismatched line . We could have won that game but the defense with a little over two minutes made it easy path down the field. Last thing on defense Queen was thought to be the answer and he has not shown it , last night out of position like Bush use to do. His tackling technique was bad, he would be dragged for extra yards.

1. **** Dallas.
2. **** Dallas.
3. **** Dallas.

so our MENSA Coach, the one the media fawns over for being so brilliant, took our #1 WR off the field to get more productivity out of him? Is that correct? More is less when it comes to snap count on a run heavy offense for a WR? WTF? Limiting who our fresh new QB can throw to by removing his #1 option in the pass game, AND calling **** plays seems counter productive to moving the chains.

When Highsmith and Herbig are back, I move Herbig to ILB next to Wilson/Roberts. Seems we kept Queen more in the secondary than closer to the line...where a linebacker should be.

**** Dallas.
Its mind boggling.

Salute the nation
Yes….i kind of chuckled when I saw a bit of the old Rats/Bungles have no defense. Both teams can win shootout games. We can’t. We look like absolute amateurs offensively,and have for years and years.

Yes….i kind of chuckled when I saw a bit of the old Rats/Bungles have no defense. Both teams can win shootout games. We can’t. We look like absolute amateurs offensively,and have for years and years.

I hear yaz Steelmann, we don't even have a semblance of a well-oiled offense.

This coming week will change our outlook. We will be Raider Slayers of the lost Burgh, a new hit movie coming out soon...................

Salute the nation

Once again we have too many players on the field. Tomlin has to use a timeout and allows the game winning TD pass player back on the field.
In what world should the Steelers have had any backup DL in on that drive. We were getting shredded and they finally decided to put the starters back in late. Total mismanagement of personnel.

Our defense is to overrated. Dallas punted once. They drove the field all night long, only the turnovers caused us not to get beat badly. Way too many yards after catch and touch. Thy had receivers wide open most of the game. Look how many third downs they converted. I get the offense is not what the fans what. The defense has to get off the field for the offense to get on. We had the lead twice and the defense gave that up. Everyone is down on Fields, lord he is getting butt beat up running and getting hit behind the line of scrimmage Harris is giving it his all when no place to run. Receivers just do not seem to get open and then drop balls that should have been caught. Those turn overs gave the offense no field position except maybe one at the thirty five. Once more I get Fields may not be accurate in many on this site eyes. First long pass was right there and Heyward dropped it. The pass to Washington was high but he is a big dude and replay showed once more through his hands. I forget the receiver late in game caught the ball did not hold on to it, you cannot blame Fields for everything. Same way with Smith no running backs mismatched line . We could have won that game but the defense with a little over two minutes made it easy path down the field. Last thing on defense Queen was thought to be the answer and he has not shown it , last night out of position like Bush use to do. His tackling technique was bad, he would be dragged for extra yards.
They are but did what they do. Bent...a lot...and then made a splash play to keep them out of the end zone. Yes, it was not good enough and they shouldn't need an awful throw by Dak to prevent points. However, the second Herbig went out they didn't stand a chance because this defense lives and dies by the pass rush.

The defense has been giving up a lot of yards recently, and the Cowboys could have had a lot more than 20 points. Give the Steelers defense credit for forcing the turnovers, but the blocked FG was a special teams play and Prescott's INT in the endzone before halftime was just a stupid throw on his part.

The Colts and Cowboys have exposed the defense a bit, and it deserves its share of the blame for both losses.

Offensively, the Steelers lack a consistent running game and options at WR. Fields has done some good things, but not enough to play over Russell Wilson once he is ready to go. I'm not sure Wilson will make a ton of difference, given the others problems with the offense, but it is time to find out what he has to offer. Fields has been better than expected, but not good enough.

Overall, they're not looking very good right now, and I'm pretty sure I would have still felt the same way had they stopped the Cowboys at the end of the game to go to 4-1.

Flacco reminded every other team that we are the same old Steelers of the last 15 years..........throw it alot and throw it medium-long and long all night long and we can't stop anybody.

I don’t know where to put this opinion/thought. After rewatching, I truly think it’s not an Arthur Smith problem. It’s a Mike Tomlin problem. I’ve watched Smith be aggressive in Tennessee. It’s the same as the defense. He has the offense and defense avoiding the middle of the field like it is the Bermuda Triangle.