• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Initial Thoughts on Jets Game

Best thing I did was pick up the Steeler broadcast audio on the computer and sync it with the NBC video broadcast.
What a pleasure listening to the home town crew and not Collinsworth.
Next game remind me to do that. The announcers were quite painful tonight.

Don't overlook the fact that the Pittsburgh Steelers have a very good young linemen in Ryan McCollum out there filling in for Zach Frazier at Center. He has played great for 2 games now! He's a road grater out there!
i meant to mention him

he played well

Don't overlook the fact that the Pittsburgh Steelers have a very good young linemen in Ryan McCollum out there filling in for Zach Frazier at Center. He has played great for 2 games now! He's a road grater out there!
I’ve always been a OLine guy especially Center. He sure has played great Chico. Mason McCormick face planted a couple guys too.

This is why you start Russ. So many people kept harping on Fields mobility and how the OL stinks and Russ will be a sitting duck back there. It makes me wonder if people ever saw Russ play. He's not exactly a statue back there. Plus, some of the pressures on Fields are his own making.

Russ was under pressure tonight but he also showed mobility to buy time and still make a play downfield. Notice how a few plays downfield changes a defense. They can't be as aggressive.

Make a few plays downfield and now all of a sudden there aren't 9 guys in the box and you can run the ball.

This is the best offensive game the steelers have had in years. Real scoring drives, not broken plays or scrambles. A QB reading the defense, finding the open man on time and delivering a catchable ball.

The offense still needs another WR.

The defense was great. Jets had a few big plays due to missed tackles but other than that, almost nothing.

9 targets to Pickens tonight.....gotta get that number into Double Digits each and every week. He might be immature but I think he has Randy Moss-Esque ability when it comes to body control and hands out there on the football field.

Watch Russell’s press conference. Very good. His pre game interview on the sidelines ,I thought his head was going to explode at the speed he was talking. Quite a bit different after the game 🙂

9 targets to Pickens tonight.....gotta get that number into Double Digits each and every week. He might be immature but I think he has Randy Moss-Esque ability when it comes to body control and hands out there on the football field.
Amazing how a competent thrower can change a players demeanor. Playmakers learn quick who can and can’t consistently get them a ball. The O is trending up.

Watch Russell’s press conference. Very good. His pre game interview on the sidelines ,I thought his head was going to explode at the speed he was talking. Quite a bit different after the game 🙂

He also gave credit to Fields in his post game interview with Melissa Stark.

Someone will have to watch, but i think the line is better at late game drive blocking than finesse zone stuff... just take a guy and plow him out of the way

I mean we are so set up now... if we had beaten the Colts we basically have been virtual locks for the playoffs already..

the Division is badly flawed... Cinci has a bad D... the Browns have a Bad O, and Baltimore is smoke and mirrors... if they give up 20 points to the Buccs tomorrow they will be around 7th or 8th worse in points allowed per game... and mostly they allow more points than the team they face averages...

Right now we are the most complete team in the division by a lot..

I’ve always been a OLine guy especially Center. He sure has played great Chico. Mason McCormick face planted a couple guys too.
Pleasant surprise that our backup OL are excelling at this point. Steelers’ Irish Mauler twins…. McLovin’ it.

Shout out to defense for not letting the game get away from us right before half. Also set an easy score in the second half.

Shout out for the play of our ST unit. Not just this game but for the entire season to date.

An a shout out to Russ. Didn't play half bad for an old fart. Tomlin seemed to loosen the reigns a bit in the 2nd half and Russ came thru for us.

Will add. Loved seeing our duo of Harris/Warren balling out together finally this season.

It was another slow start in the 1st quarter. 5+ years running for Tomlin's slow starts no matter the QB or the OC. They definitely had a few more gears though and turned the game completely on its head. It was fun to watch. Wilson is definitely QB1 but I do hope some of his mojo rubs off on Fields as he is the only one of the two that has more than a 2 year shelf life after this year.