• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Initial Thoughts on Jets Game

Solid win, but not going to get too excited… it’s the Jets and this was a game we were supposed to win.
LMAO...the Jets defense, before the injuries, is a top notch unit. Not our fault those guys weren't on the field. So, yes, get excited - we looked like a real NFL team and we beat the brakes off of a wounded team - just like we were supposed to do.

There will be a lot of people changing their tune if we only lose 2 more games...

Depending on who we (and KC) pick up at WR before the trade deadline - I think I like our chances to win at home on Christmas!!!

We're going to have a big problem trying to keep Najee after this season...should have paid him when we had the chance.
There is always some teams that will overpay for Najee, but I don't think he'll command a huge sum. Running backs in general aren't commanding large sums of cap space.

We're going to have a big problem trying to keep Najee after this season...should have paid him when we had the chance.

The 5th year option would have been a very affordable way to go. The things I like about Najee:
  • Does not get hurt.
  • Does not fumble.
  • Can get a yard or two when the defensive line blows up the play. 2nd and 8 is a hell of a lot better than 2nd and 12.

Well, to put it quite honestly, it was a tale of two halves for me. I will admit that I was skeptical about the QB switch and Russ started out slow but toward the end of the second quarter you could see him settling in.
The second half Russ shook off the rust and got a lot of players involved in the passing game. Both TEs, both RB’s, Big George, Cal Austin and even some cat named Van Jefferson. Play action worked great too and Russ used the entire field.
Then there were those things called audibles we haven’t seen around here since Ben which was nice to hear called out at the line.
He looked good, Najee and Warren good, Muth and Washington good, OL good, receivers, best game together to date.
Defense did its job! As much as I like Nicky Herbig he does not play the run nearly as well as Highsmith.
Tomlin, looks to me you should be congratulated for making the correct call at QB! Well done!

For me, it was the most enjoyable Steelers game in a while. Plenty of excitement, both O and D looked good, and didn't have to bite my nails to the quick in the 4th quarter.
After a slow start, Russ looked great which was a huge relief -- I like Fields but Russ is a big improvement in the passing game.
And special teams really brought the excitement! Watching them swarm Bubbles was hilarious!
5 stars, would watch again!

Amazing how a competent thrower can change a players demeanor. Playmakers learn quick who can and can’t consistently get them a ball. The O is trending up.
You could not wipe the smile off Pickens' face after the TD. Not justifying it by any means, but the receivers locker room issues have been almost strictly due to the QB's inability to get them the ball on a consistent basis.